I suggest you ...

Screen curtin for all your products , like apple. this could be put into ease of access on all your products.

screen curtin for privacy and health reasons.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting us about your suggestion. In a way that makes sense to have a screen curtain for your Android device like the one that is found in Apple products.

I’ve submitted your feature request to one of our Product Managers for further review. we’ll post updates here as soon as further details become available.

In the meantime, one thing you can do is dim your screen all the way down as that would make it harder for others to read – especially at an angle.

Again, thank you for contacting us about this, and we will endeavor to resolve all issues that are raised.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

We at the Disability Answer Desk wanted to let you know that your suggestion is under review by product management. At this time there is no ETA as far as when this will be implemented.

Please stay tuned to this discussion as we'll post more information as it becomes available.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well it would be nice for blind people if you had a screen curtain like Apple has on all their products for the blind. What this does is make the screen black . This does several things for the blind it first of all makes things private so no one can come up and just look over your shoulder and see what you are doing. Of course if you are using a screen reader which if you are blind you would be. You would also have a headset of some kind on so they could not hear what you doing as well.
        The other thing it is a health issue as the light coming from the display for some blind people with light perspective it sometimes aggravate their eyes and give them intense headaches .
        Now on a desktop this is easy done with turning off the monitor. So this is not a problem on desktop monitor. Except for the all in one desktops .
        Now on laptops this is where the big problem comes in as there is no way to turn off the display on the laptop. So this is where the screen Curtin really comes into play. Also laptops are mobile.
        The same for your tablets as well need the screen Curtin for them as well. Also for your phones as well.
        Pretty much for all the mobile platforms .
        I also would include the all in one desktops as well.
        My suggestion is to have this feature in ease of access in W10 . then it would be on all platforms.
        Also have a hot key to turn it on and off the screen Curtin from the keyboard as well as a touch gestor for touch screens as well.
        This is something very much needed by the blind and visual impaired community.
        We should have the same privacy as seeing people and on top of this you can bring in the medical part.
        So Please implement this feature! Thanks for all you all are doing on accessibility !

Matt Presnell
        mattpresnell@outlook .com
        mattpresnell@gmail.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base