I suggest you ...

Add an Outlook profile flag for users who need accessible e-mails

Allow users to self identify via their Outlook/Exchange profile that they need accessible e-mail sent to them.
This would notify senders when the receiver has flagged that they need to receive e-mail in an accessible format and would prompt the sender to run the accessibility checker on their message and attachments before sending the message to the receiver who self identified via their profile.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cory KlatikCory Klatik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Cory,

This is an interesting suggestion in that it does make sense to alert the recipient of the fact that a disabled person is emailing them and needs some compensation to see a replied email. The tricky thing is that not all users use Microsoft products for email correspondence. Thus iin order to make this universal, there may have to be something implemented into the email protocols such as IMAP, SMTP or POP protocols.

However, this will be forwarded to the appropriate project manager to get additional feedback on this suggestion.

Thank you for reaching out to us; and if you have any further issues or suggestions related to accessibility, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk Team.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cory,

I wanted to give you a quick follow-up to let you know that we are indeed looking into your suggestion. We don't have specific plans as far as when this will be implemented, but will let you know as soon as it's available.

If there's anything else we can do for you in the future, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk Team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base