I suggest you ...

Improve magnification - make it more Apple like

Would be great to have similar magnifying features like there are in mac os x:
- GPU enhanced magnification (not only in full screen mode) to make everything more smooth.
- Make desktop scrollable rather than reducing the space in "docked mode".
- Add an option to center the mouse in the zoom area (full screen mode).
- Add a shortcut to quickly enable/disable zoom without having to close magnify.exe.
- Dual monitor support:
- desktop expansion
- clone (zoomed)
- clone (1x - with no zoom)

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Artur,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your specific suggestions. At this time, I’m in contact with the Project Managers to get an idea of what’s been implemented and what is planned. Once I have concrete answers, I’ll get back to you.

Thanks again for your input.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thanks for your comment on this topic. Many new improvements are in the works, including some of your inputted items. What we've been told so far is that there will indeed be a releasee with Windows 10, RS3. That's when tools such as Magnifier and Narrator. Unless there is a major bug that is found, we usually don't do interim releases.

When they are released, we'll in addition to making a public announcment, we will post the relevant enhancements on this thread.

Thank you for contacting us,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

4 months have passed now. Are there any news on this topic? As you wrote you're in contact with your project managers so have they said anything about my suggestions? Perhaps this is something for the next larger update on Windows 10. How about at least a partial implementation to have a magnification solution which can compete with the one in Apples OS X? I'm a web, not a software developer, but I think it could not be so hard to add such functionality to make magnification in Windows really usable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base