I suggest you ...

bring back text/icon resizing

this screen, formerly located at: "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display" in the legacy Control Panel has been removed, and is also not represented in the Settings app menus (in the new Build 15019.rs_prerelease.170121-1513)

Image: https://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/larger_wm_brw/public/field/image/2015/08/windows-10-display-settings-scn-3.png?itok=P_IMrNWw

I NEED these options back. I am registered blind and always use Windows like this (larger text, turned bold for all elements - titlebars, message boxes, icons etc):

Image: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/9568/SSXyGo.jpg

If this isn't fixed, I will be stuck on the old version of Win10 by disabling updates, which will eventually not be supported, meaning I will then be forced back onto Win8. Please stop changing, hiding and removing settings. Disabled users need them!

16 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ksdixonksdixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Karl,

Thank you for alerting us with this issue. You’re correct inthat without the resizing or font change option, it can make it difficult to see the desktop icons. Therefor, I’ll forward this on to our product managers to get this issue raised and possibly resolved.

Again, thank you for reaching out to us about this.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability answer Desk team.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Karl,

We wanted to follow up on your post. Currently we are working on a solution and will let you know when it becomes available. In the meantime, the way to change the font/icon size is to change it in Settings. Settings > System > Display > “Change the size of text, apps, and other items”

Best,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• ksdixonksdixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually feel somewhat discriminated against right now for my eyesight problems.. i understand not everyone has eyesight issues, and they may never go into the text/icon resize menu like i do, but i can't believe it has been ripped out of this build of windows. the fact that i can't even find the settings in the legacy control panel anymore, which i was content to do so, just seems like a slap in the face.

Feedback and Knowledge Base