I suggest you ...

PowerPoint Read Aloud

I am unable to find a way just to get the whole PowerPoint read to me. Thanks.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PinkPowerPinkPower shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Les,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue. In order to help you out effectively, can you provide us with the following:

What version of PowerpOint are you using? Is it a part of Office 2016, or Office 365 online?

What screen reader are you using in order to read the presentations?

Also, what are the steps to reproduce your problem in detail?

We look forward to assisiting you with your issue; and in the future, if there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

TheMicrosoft Disability Asnwer Desk team.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Les,

Yes, this feature is being developed and will be released soon. Her is the feedback from one of our product owners:

1. If the user goes to Outline View, they can get the text in placeholders read to them. Note that this will not read out all text in shapes and textboxes that are not placeholders.

2. We are planning a feature that will read out the text in all placeholders + Textboxes.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything further that you need.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• PinkPowerPinkPower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using PowerPoint 2016 installed. I have access to Windows Narrator text to speech, Windows Narrator, Windows-Eyes, and TextAloud. I am using Windows 10 Pro. I also have a MacBook Pro on Sierra. Are there any tools that I could use to just read the PowerPoint presentation from beginning to end without telling me what button, text box, etc. I am on. My office installation 365 is set to "deferred updates". I am unable to change this because I am not the admin. Is there a way I can for my personal installations? The insider fast has accessibility updates that I find useful. Thank you,

Feedback and Knowledge Base