I suggest you ...

Enable users to resize the content and IM windows in Skype for Business.

I am frequently challenged to read things which are being presented. I'm always trying to zoom in before I remember that zoom doesn't exist in Skype.
Maximizing the window or collapsing the message window doesn't help, since so much of the screen real estate is devoted to other elements. And I usually don't want to collapse the IM window altogether, just change the proportions so I can see everything.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Molly BarleyMolly Barley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Molly,

I’m not sure exactly what you are referring to as it appears you are aking about resizing text in the IM window. This is easy to do.

1. First in the Skype session, click on the IM icon at the lower left of the screen.
    2. At the lower-right hand side of the window, click the icon that looks like “…”.
    3. From the menue that appears, select, “IM Text Size”.
    4. There you can select the percentage of size of text to display in the IM window.

With regard to the other isue, are your referring to zooming inon a shared screen or destop? If not, can you give us the exact scenario that is cuasting the difficulty?

Thank you for contacting us, andif there is anything further we can do for you, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Molly,

I talked to one of our product managers about your comment and wanted to relay the following:

Skype for Business today has limited controls over the size of shared content:

• There is a button to toggle between “fit to window” and “actual size”. Actual size will display the shared content at the same pixel resolution as the shared screen. If the sharer has a high resolution screen, this can make things larger.
        • There is a full-screen command that makes the SfB window fill the screen and moves the call control buttons into a Windows 8-style app bar. The area where shared content is displayed gets larger in this mode.

I do agree that a zoom feature would be most welcome for all users.

We'll keep you updated as to the release of this new feature as it's being looked into.

In the future, if you have any comments, suggestions, issues, or questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

• Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's what I figured. I wanted to be sure that's exactly what you were saying. I'll forward this to one of our product managers for further review on this.

Thanks again for contacting us at the Disability answer Desk; and if there is anything we can do for you in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

• Molly BarleyMolly Barley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My request is specifically for the ability to zoom in on the window where content is shared. (I know how to resize IM text). The space allowed for sharing content is not large enough to see details of most of the content people share with me, i.e., spreadsheets with 12 pt font (on their end) or ppts with a moderate amount of detail.
        Thanks for your attention here. My eyes and head ache at the end of a day of Skype calls!

Feedback and Knowledge Base