I suggest you ...

Add a Two Switch access mode for the On Screen Keyboard

Add a manual step scanning option for switch users, for those able to use two switches. E.g. Key1 = Manual step scan. Key2 = Select.

This would enable some users to use the slick On Screen Keyboard utility much more quickly and deliberately.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Barrie EllisBarrie Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Barrie,

This is a pretty good suggestion which makes sense. We’ll forward this on to our product managers for further consideration and keep you up to date on any further developments around this.

Again, Thank you for reaching out to us; and if there’s anything else we can help with in the future, let us know as we’re willing to help.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Barrie,

That's also a good suggestion. We recommend, since you're making an addition suggestion for Mac, go ahead and submit a separate suggestion for that as it would technically be for another product platform. That way we can track each suggestion individually.

Thanks again,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• Barrie EllisBarrie Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks admin, type. I've only just discovered this wish-list system. I think lots more than 3 would benefit. Just a hunch. :)

Also, heading towards what you can do with a Mac, would be fantastic to get mouse control too. There's 3rd part stuff, but there's no substitute for being able to draw yourself up to any computer, and get rudimentary access with the simplest of input devices.

Good luck!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome suggestion for users too often kept in the too hard basket when it comes to access. My 14yo son would benefit. Cheers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base