I suggest you ...

Improve the way Word files open with Voiceover

When I open an existing Word file, the Voiceover cursor is on the document layout area. To get to the text, I need to interact, then interact again, before Voiceover says “in edit text”.

And if the document has headers, I need to interact, which takes me to the header area, then move down to the text, then interact again.

Would it be possible, when opening a file, to start with the Voiceover cursor on the text area? This is probably where most users want to be when they open a file – ready to start reading or typing.

I currently have the initial position of the Voiceover cursor set to “Keyboard focused item”.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Fryer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us at the Disability Answer Desk with your suggestions. we appreciate the time and detail you’ve put into them. We will forward this on to our product managers for further consideration and will get back to you when a fix and or implementation for these features is in place.

Thank you again for contacting us, and if there is anything further we can do for you, please feel free o reach out to us again.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability answer Desk team.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...