I suggest you ...

The ability to change my working background (in Word, Outlook and Excel)

Hi,
I used to be able to change the colour of my background in the Personalisation option from the Desktop. It allowed me to choose any colour I liked for my page and text in Word, Outlook and Excel. It was wonderful and I used to share this feature with users I trained using AT since it was a free adaptation that made a huge difference.

I have always said, you would never spend all day looking at a bright white light, and yet we do, by looking at a bright white piece of paper in Word.

This is hugely important to anyone with visual stress, visual impairment, autism, Irlens or dyslexia.
Thank you, Sarah

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarah Smye-rumsbySarah Smye-rumsby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about this. We are currently looking into this and will give you updates on this as soon as made available.

In the meantime, have you tried the following as a potential solution?

Try these options for the user:

There are two ways to set high contrast to reduce eye-strain and improve readability. Please try one of these and let us know your feedback as to whether this resolved your issues or not.
    1. Office themes, a “mild mannered” solution, where you can choose a theme with better contrast
    a. Shortcut Press L Alt+ L Shift + Print Screen; talked about in: https://blogs.office.com/2016/05/19/accessibility-enhancements-in-office-365-for-people-with-vision-impairments/
    2. High contrast in Windows, the “real thing”, which they set in the Ease of Access center
    a. Turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/ece8e1d7-1a7c-473c-a0f4-3c9d66fee295/turn-high-contrast-mode-on-or-off-in-windows

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...