I suggest you ...

Create a top level domain for the Accessibility Community forums.

It took me forever and a day to find the URL to these accessibility forums. When I called the Accessibility Helpdesk, the lady didn't have even the slightest inkling of an idea what I was talking about. She barely spoke english, and was inevitably reading from a script put in front of her little nose. I"m not aposed to outsourcing people overseas to do tech support work, and that's not the point of this post, so no one flame me here. All I'm saying is, it took her about 10 minutes just to find the link to these forums, and about another 10 just to understand the concept that I said community forums, f o r, u!, m s, not f o r m s. Really? Finally, I realized that I could get here right from the accessibility helpdesk page, however, that's still not the most intuitive. I think there needs to be a direct URL to these forums which is extremely easy to remember. Right now, the URL's a mile and a half long. Why not buy a domain, and use something like msaccessibilityforum.com or msaforum.com or something to that effect rather than having to have users either 1, memorize, god forbid, such a long URL, more power to them, or, having to bookmark the website just to quickly get there. I again get that they could go through the helpdesk website, then click the link for the forum, but that's really not the point.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christopher GillandChristopher Gilland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about that We will indeed endeavor to take care of this for you. So in order to assist you more effectively, if you have contacted the Disability Answer Desk and they assigned your call a case number, can we have that so we can make a note on your case that you needed more time to respond? Also we can have an escelation support engineer contact you to work on a resolution.

Again, thank you for reaching out to us at the Desability Answer Desk; and if there is something further that we may be able to do for you, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
        The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi disability support, I have Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) which has a number of Parkinsonism symptoms and issues. I was beginning a new chat with a case number that was from a case that was never resolved in 2016. Unfortunately my disease has slowed my ability to text quickly and the Rep I was chatting with got impatient and stopped the chat so I didn't have the ability or time to begin again. It would be very meaningful if your reps had more patience with those who have certain disabilities that prevent them to describe their problems fast enough. I plan to try again tomorrow morning and did not want to complain because your disability chat site is a wonderful service that Microsoft supplies the public but I felt y'all should know. Tom D.

• Christopher GillandChristopher Gilland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is only a temporary sollution, so I do not want Microsoft thinking that this issue is resolved. As of 5/24/2017 at 2:56AM EDT, it isn't so. I've created a shortened link for the time being. It's not perfectly ideal, but it at least works. The link is: http://bit.ly/2qfieiO

Feedback and Knowledge Base