I suggest you ...

Add the ability to use insert or caps lock in Narrator

I'd like to see an option under Narrator's general settings pane to use caps lock, numpad insert or extended insert as the Narrator modifyer key. For some reason, I'm finding that only using caps lock as modifyer to be a bit wonky. Indeed, I'm coming from Jaws and NVDA, so this may be a newby's foyble, but this would make my transition that much more smooth.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

THis is an interesting request. It makes sense in that it would make the transition from JAWS or NVDA easier for users. We’ll pass this on to our product team and let you know when this becomes available.

Thank you for your input; and in the future, if you have any issues, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VDAHMVDAHM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like have one LED ON/OFF in Caps Lock and visual alert in vídeo screen. I´m work with 5050 keyboard.

• Christopher GillandChristopher Gilland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I like having the capslock key as a Narrator modifier, but it would be advantageous to allow the user the ability to change that to the extended insert key, the numpad insert key, or a combination of any or all of the three. Great suggestion!

Feedback and Knowledge Base