I suggest you ...

Narrator on 64-bit systems should be able to use 32-bit TTS voices

Currently, on 64-bit Windows, Narrator can use only TTS voices that have 64-bit support. Most (if not all) newer voices do have 64-bit support. But there are older TTS voices, that have only 32-bit support. They can be installed on 64-bit Windows and used by programs that support them. But Narrator on 64-bit Windows does not support them and can't use them. The ideal solution would be to ask the developers of the TTS voices in question to add 64-bit support to them. But most of those TTS voices are abandoned (no longer developed) and the chance to get an update with 64-bit support to them is highly unlikely. Considering that not all of them are open-source, it means that volunteers can't legally modify and improve them, even if they want to. That is why I'm asking for Narrator to support 32-bit TTS voices even under 64-bit Windows, so we can use those older TTS voices. Thanks much in advance!

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kostadin KolevKostadin Kolev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...