I suggest you ...

More and advanced mouse settings (speed and acceleration)

Hi.

It would be helpful if there were more mouse settings in Windows - not only in software provided by mouse manufacturer. A possibility to set speed and acceleration to nearly whatever value you need.

And why do I think it's important?

There are many people very used to their mouses. To the point when they can't use any other (or can't find any). Sometimes it happens when a person has a disease that changes his or her anatomy. Not every software provides needed options and some old mouses' software doesn't even work anymore.

It would be just a possibility to move the speed slider further right and add another. Also maybe with possibility to set it more precisely. I guess it wouldn't be hard to implement.

As for me, I'm using an old mouse with no working software. I tried a dozen of other mouses but none is good for me. I can comfortably use up to 1366x768 resolution. Only because the cursor moves too slow and when I check 'enhance pointer precision' box (to turn acceleration on) it slows down even more. I tried editing registry, installing other software but nothing helps.

I have no doubt there are many more people with similar issues.

Best regards

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I know about mouse settings (Microsoft's PS2 driver even allowed to adjust DPI, although this option is absent in USB driver). But, as I said, I can't speed up the pointer enough to make it suit my needs. It's just too slow.

It would be best for people with disabilities to have more options. So they could adjust speed - beyond current limited values - and acceleration more precisely.

• AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Within the control panel is a category called "mouse". Under the pointer options tab, you can change the pointer speed to suit your preference. There are many other mouse options within that section as well. If there are more specific settings you are looking for, please respond back and let us know in detail.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base