I suggest you ...

Collaborating with Microsoft Word

I am blind need to collaborate on documents with other Office 365 users.
When I share a document with another person who makes changes, I can’t see the changes. Sighted people can see the changes that the person makes. I would like Microsoft to expose the changes to Screen readers or make them accessible out of the box.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul Hunt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Hunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for your response. When I'm collaborating with someone live or when I'm editing a document that someone has changed. I would like to know what was changed and who made the changes before I save the document. The way that live collaboration works accoding to my understanding is that labels show what changes were made. These labels are not accessible to screen readers. I've tried this in Narrator and JAWS.
        Thanks so much for responding to my idea.
        Paul

• AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your feedback! To better help you, we’d like to understand the problem you’re facing more precisely:

The “changes” you are referring to that are not exposed to screen reader (but are visible to sighted users) do you mean the other person is using track changes or the changes the other person is making in real-time to your cloud document?

If it’s the latter (real-time changes), would you like to hear the changes as they are typed out by the other person (beyond being able to read them in the document itself) or able to identify who made and what changes?

Thank you,
        Microsoft Word Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base