I suggest you ...

Improve Skype Accessibility on the desktop versions of Skype for Mac and Windows

Skype version 8 is horrible for screen reader users. The new web interface is very sluggish and extremely difficult to navigate and use with VoiceOver on the mac or a Windows screen reader. Please either revert back to Skype 7 which had a much better UI or significantly improve the accessibility of these new versions.
I will continue using Skype 7 on macOS and Windows until they either stop working or the accessibility of the new versions returns to the state it was in Skype 7.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zappa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just yesterday I downloaded the new Skype and now I am driving - money in hand - to the assistence to roll back to previus version. the new it is too different from the old ... it cover different needs ... it is good for fun ... but not to work.
        before release a new version, next time please be sure of what you have done

• AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience using Skype with VoiceOver. Upgrading to the latest MacOS does improve the experience if this has not already been done. The Skype product team is aware there are some issues and is currently working on correcting these and improving the experience. If you would like to roll back to the previous version of Skype, you can download it here https://go.skype.com/classic.skype. For assistance doing this or any other technical support, please call 1 (800) 936-5900.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base