I suggest you ...

Add Narrator support in the Windows Advanced Startup menu.

When accessing the Advanced Startup menu, Narrator cannot be used. This is the menu you access from settings>update&Security>Recovery that allows you to do things like boot from a disk, access system image backup, etc. When I access this menu, I receive no speech feedback. Pressing Control+Windows+Enter does nothing. If I press it too many times, the computer reboots into Windows again. This is another one of those essential features that needs to be completed ASAP! As someone planning to enter the IT field, this is essential if I want to independently troubleshoot Windows, boot from external drives, etc. Ideally, I'd love to see this capability added by March of 2018. If not, it should be included in the update scheduled for October at the latest. I can't express just how happy I am that the Windows installer finally supports Narrator. This is another step in making Windows troubleshooting more accessible for those with low or no vision.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have reported this a number of times, Narrator used to work on this screen before creators update but all I get back is we know about it and nothing gets done. Unfortunately most blind users will only find out this doesn't work until they start having trouble with their pcs and by that time it will be too late to complain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base