I suggest you ...

I thought Jan 31st was latest for free upgrade to Windows 10. Please extend.

Please extend the free upgrade to Windows 10 for accessibility users.

36 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is unfair that when I purchased my computer and purchased a Microsoft package that in order to use my computer properly I have to purchase another package. I feel that the upgrade should be free for those of us who purchased a product at the time of purchase. I use my computer now more than ever since I am home but can't really use it because of being blocked out of different products, please extend the free upgrade for Microsoft. Thank You
        Tina Calloway
        eartheniac@aol.com

Unfortunately, Windows 10 Home/Pro free upgrade due is 29 July 2015, and it seems like Microsoft has stopped providing the upgrade application.

If you want to upgrade, buy a new copy at the retailers.

• Veerasuk Bodson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Veerasuk Boson
        ดีมากขอบคุณครับ
        11เมษายน2561เวลา 01:52 น.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought the deadline was around the middle of 2017. This is the first I've heard about Jan 31st of this year, 2018. I would very much like to see another free upgrade. Due to being bedridden I didn't get the chance to download Windows 10 on a new computer that has never been used and been sitting in the box it came in for a very long time.

It would make sense to offer a discount at this point . a pro rata till December.

Lets face it 199 bucks for a pro license is a TON for people who are already are struggling.

99 would ease that pain. or 60 for Home.

Microsoft should extend free access to Windows 10 for the disabled and give clearer notice of its expiration. There are many disabled who were unaware of the deadline. Windows 10 has additional features for helping disabled persons. In addition, it is clearly in Microsoft's interest to have as many people using Windows 10 as possible.

• AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. At this time we've decided to end the free upgrade for assistive technology users. For more information on this decision, check out this blog post https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2017/10/17/windows-10-accessibility-update/ . To share your feedback in more detail, please reach out to the Disability Answer Desk.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base