I suggest you ...

Use NVDA instead of Narrator to install Windows 10

I want to be able to use NVDA during Windows 10 Installation because Narrator is sometimes lagging or doesn't read all Information that's being displayed on the Screen.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mathias Reichmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon Keith Biggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The point is that people don't know how to use Narrator and it is too far from Jaws and NVDA to be useful. Jaws and NVDA have a particular feel and people spend years learning how to effectively work with this type of screen reader. Narrator uses something completely different and the user experience is terrible. If you wish to really use Narrator rather than NVDA, please test on at least 30 screen reader users and implement the feedback or get rid of Narrator altogether. No one uses it. It is not recommended for accessibility testing. Government institutions can't use it because it doesn't work well enough for people to use it to work. Please scrap Narrator and use NVDA, or spend another $5000000 to really make Narrator a screen reader.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I want to be able to use NVDA during OOBE after Windows 10 Installation.

Some Times in Windows 10 Narrator is slow and says only "Tab" when i try to tab around the Screen in some Windows on the Desktop. NVDA doesn't have this Issue.

Narrator doesn't read the Information that when you have already activated Windows 10 you click skip. Also i can't change the Language of the Windows Setup.

• AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to learn more about the challenges you are experiencing with Narrator. At what points is the narrator lagging during the installation? On which pages of the installation is the Narrator not reading what is being displayed on the screen?

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base