Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

Seeing AI on Android

Seeing AI is a fantastic app! Please make it available on Android platform.

114 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

tapb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kieran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be one of the only apps stopping me from moving to android permanently.

• Eyal Hochberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a tech professional I know how hard it is for giant corporations to create content for small user groups such as the visually impaired community. This is why I decided to spend my free time to develop solutions for the visually impaired. I invite you all to try my app 'Speak'. It reads text from images seen online or captured on camera. It is 100% free. Hope you find this useful.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toucan.speak

• Pat Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I work with blind people and they need this on Android. Like yesterday.
        Uk rehabilitation officer

• Khom Raj Subedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be really a great step towards accessibility for the visually impaired people in developing countries like Nepal. So please make it available for android soon.

• Vikas Dixit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are various smart phones on different platforms; not only they differ in their features, the price factor and hence, the affordability is also important. If an App is designed, especially for persons with disability, its goal must be to reach out to all possible individuals suffering from vision impairement, no matter which country they live in. This can be done if the App such as 'Seeing AI' is made available on all platforms (IOS, Android, etc).

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone with a vision impairment myself and someone who supports others with VI, I'd use this myself and would recommend it to many more people fi ti were available on Android.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Seeing Ai. I just wish that it was available on Android. I have it on my ipad and love it!! Pleas bring this gem to Android. It's made a huge change in my life. I use it all the time. I'm sad that I can't have this on my Samsung Galixy phone. This is the most life changing app on my ipad. More blind people could benefit from this beautiful app.

• Tony Meade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm another person moving from IOS to android and love the Seeing AI app so please bring it to Android!

• Nimer Jaber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft claims that they are committed to accessibility. All of Microsoft's apps are available for Android. All except... those for use by disabled individuals, such as Seeing AI, and Microsoft Soundscapes. This is discrimination towards Android users. This is also doing a great disservice to the disability community, telling them that if you want an app from Microsoft which will help you in your daily life, you must use iOS on an iPhone. Microsoft engineers, please rectify this immediately. For anyone else reading my comments, Envision AI and Eye-D are two alternatives to Seeing Eye on Android. This is no reason, however, why Microsoft is dropping the ball and discriminating against people with disabilities who choose to use Android, the number one mobile operating system in the world.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use and absolutely love Seeing AI on my iPhone. It is my most frequently used app. I am about to switch platforms and will be a permanent Android user. I was very disappointed to find out that Seeing AI is not yet available for Android. I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but please port it over as soon as possible as I truly miss the independence Seeing AI gives me as a Blind Person through my mobile.

Thank you.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for a visually impaired charity and now have users who cannot use SeeingAi as it no longer works on iOS 10.3.3 since the November update

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft - this is a really great App (well at least based on the description) but my wife who is legally blind has an Android device (and quite honestly as great as some folks may think that iOS is - it is just too darn expensive). This iOS version has been out now for some time - when will it be available on Android?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this to Android in the not too distant future. I will most likely be switching to Android as Apple's iPhone prices are increasing to ridiculous levels and they are no longer innovating.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base