Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

Accessibility Features for Publisher

I am working in Publisher 2010 (Part of MS Office Professional Plus 2010) and I am looking for resources on creating accessible content. I noticed that there is no accessibility checker. Also, even when I used defined parts like "Headings" and then export to a PDF, those tags are not preserved. I was considering upgrading to the new publisher but I don't see any signs that that has those features either. I am very well versed in using the accessibility features and creating accessible content from Word and PPT, so I was expecting the same functionality in Publisher.

It seems like accessibility is "baked into" most other Office products, and I know the Microsoft is really stepping up their accessibility efforts, so I was just surprised to not see this.

Is there a way to add an extension or something like it to publisher?

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am legally blind. The Windows system is trying, once again, to force me to accept updates. When I don't, my Internet locks up, forcing e to accept or leave me in limbo until I do. I find updates a huge challenge because I have to go back and reset everything once the updates are complete. When I am asked if I want the, there is no "No" option or the system disregards it. I'm reasonable certain that Microsoft doesn't drive customers away. It updates me without permission of any kind. I've tried to block it from updating to no avail. Ironically, the latest message says that I'll be in control of everything when I've never been in less control than I am now. I thought accessability is supposed to make things easier for me. I don't think people who set up these supposed update "options" don't understand what it's like to try to reset everything when I can't read the information until I go back and reset my ease of access options because my display reverts to that gray and white default setup I can't read.

and speech I can't turn off because I can't read the directions for doing so. I'm not a speech user, partly because it's distracting. I feel like I've been hijacked and truthfully, I have.

• AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your feedback, we will be passing the feedback about the accessibility checker onto the engineering team. You can create heading styles by going to Home>Styles. Here is a resource with some steps on how to export as a PDF https://support.office.com/article/Create-accessible-PDFs-064625E0-56EA-4E16-AD71-3AA33BB4B7ED

Please continue to share your feedback and upvote posts that you agree with.

Feedback and Knowledge Base