Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

Disability is normal part of human diversity

First, kudos to you on making technologies accessible to all. Learning Tools are awsome. Please keep working on making all tecnologies fully accessible to people with different types of disabilities. You are doing a great job, but you can always do better šŸ˜Š.

Here are some suggestions related to your post Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia: Helping students with dyslexia with technology. In this postĀ  there is a confusing reference to the definition of dyslexia. "These students whose language based learning difference causes a deficiency with phonological processing when learning to read, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning disability." I want to point out that according to the definition of learning disabilities by Learning Disabilities Association of America https://ldaamerica.org/ - DYSLEXIA IS A LEARNING DISABILITY.

Please consider:
1. Clarifying which definition of dyslexia was used in this post to avoid any misinterpretations;
2. Avoiding negative stereotypes of disability: By stating that dyslexia is not a learning disability it seems that a sterotypical message is being reinforced that a learning dissbility is something negative and bad, worse than dyslexia. Disability, like ***, gender, race, is neutral in itself, and only our attitudes and social construction of it make it negative. The stigma attached to disability is due to our social construction of disability as something negative, broken, to be fixed, deserving of our help. Disability is an absolutely normal and integral part of human diversity. Persons with disabilities have equal rights to access all aspects of life, and accessible technologies are instrumental in facilitating that access.

Thank you for your contribution to making our world more accessible to all but please keep in mind that accessibility is not only removing physical, financial and technological barriers, it is also about removing social barriers, changing negative attitudes and busting myths about disability. And words do matter.

Keep on with your good work.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinkingā€¦)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

Djenana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eileen Wilkinson. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how does one get help on here i tried half the day yesterday to get a picture back on my screen having gone through **** with being asked for a key number now i have lost my picture for my screen i am 74y old and am really struggling with internet is their no one out their with a bit of compassion willing to help without asking for money that's all life seems to be about now MONEY
        So if their is just ONE kind person out there please help me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base