Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

Pricing of the Adaptive Controller

I purchased the adaptive controller for my son who is 9 years old because he has cerebral palsy. I was excited to learn about this controller because this will give him the chance to play on the xbox with his family and friends. However, it was really disturbing to learn that there are four pieces that comes with the adaptive controller and the price of all four pieces came up to the amount of $251. Why is it that a regular controller costs on $59 but someone with a disability have to pay 3 times that amount just to feel like they can play with others. Again its great that microsoft came up with the idea for those with disabilities can play but the price for it is not good.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your feedback. Due to the complexity and added features of the device, the Xbox Adaptive Controller costs more to manufacture compared to a traditional Xbox Wireless Controller. The Xbox Adaptive Controller provides a lot of value for gamers who might otherwise require expensive custom rigs and works with the switches gamers may already own. When compared to other custom-build alternatives, we feel the Xbox Adaptive Controller is at an affordable and accessible price point.

Feedback and Knowledge Base