Alt text option for picture that can be added to signature in Microsoft Outlook.
Users need to be able to add alt text to pictures that can be added to one's signature in Microsoft Outlook. I have employees that just want to attach a digital picture of their business card. Thank you.
Hi, I use the web version of the Outlook and in that version, I can't add text alternatives or hyperlink images I've added to my signature. Since the web and desktop signatures are separate, it would be helpful if you could:
1. make those options available in both contexts
2. provide instructions on how to add text alternatives to all relevant help pages, including 'Create and add an email signature in Outlook.com' and 'Make your Outlook email accessible to people with disabilities'
3. and, until the accessibility support in the web version is improved, could you pls add a note that only the desktop versions of the signature can be made fully accessible?
You can actually do this in Outlook if you follow these steps:
1) Select File > Options
2) Select Mail > Signatures
3) Either create a new signature or edit an existing one
4) Select the Insert Picture icon
5) Choose and insert an image
6) Right-Click the image
7) Select Picture > Alt Text
If this isn't working for you please contact the enterprise Disability Answer Desk at aka.ms/eDAD