Teams unread messages
When going to ctrl+2 aka the chat app. It says I have X number of unread messages. Focus goes to Recent Chats with people of which I have 40+ chats. Nowhere can I seem to find which are the unread chats.
* Like in Outlook have a list that can be filtered by unread. There's like two levels I can think of: People with Unreads, Enter into that person and see all unread messages. ANd 2nd a list of all unread messages so that if 1 person had 2+ unreads I could arrow and read them all, pressing enter if I actually want to go to that person's chat and reply (difficulty there is your product owner deciding what constitues a "read" as the user arrows through).
1. A Teams user having numerous people that chat with them should be able to quickly find unreads, read and respond.
2. Messages should be marked as read efficiently.
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Unread chats should be read as either unread or new depending on screen reader. Also, you can filter to view only unread chats with these keystrokes:
1. From the list of recent chats, shift+tab to Filter button or press Ctrl+Shift+F
2. Tab to the more options button and activate with Enter
3. Arrow to “unread” and press Enter
4. Tab to the chat list to read through unread conversations
5. Activate “close filter” button when finished reviewing unread messages
You can also contact our enterprise Disability Answer Desk at aka.ms/eDAD for additional assistance where you can reach out through e-mail.