Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Build 1809 - File Explorer Right-Click-Menu Problem

I've been everywhere. Feedback Hub, Reddit, Microsoft Accessibility/Support-based accounts on Twitter, Disabled Help Desk. Can we please give this problem some real-world attention by someone who can actually help?

As of Windows 10 Build 1809 - The registry fix of setting "ImmersiveContextMenu" to "0", located at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures", no longer has any effect in disabling the new 'immersive context menu'.

Windows shell has the new style, including desktop, file explorer and open dialog boxes in all applications. Why is this a problem? Why was I previously using a registry tweak to remove the new immersive context menu? Just look at it!…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Purchase the JAWS and ZoomText divisions of Vispero and integrate them into Microsoft and Microsoft products.

Microsoft should consider purchasing the ZoomText and JAWS divisions of Vispero in order to integrate them into the Microsoft accessibility team. These divisions of Vispero already produce software that is exclusive to Windows, and this is the next logical step in making Windows accessible for everyone. This would add a lot of talented folks to the Narrator, Magnifier, and Disability Answer Desk teams.

There would be no more need for teams from Microsoft and Vispero to communicate back and forth on accessibility issues. Everything would be done in house, similar to how Apple implements accessibility on their devices and systems.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add better Narrator support for Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance.

Sighted people take remote control for granted. However, it is very difficult for a blind person to remotely control another computer. Most remote control services are either not blind accessible, do not transmit audio, or transmit it with a lot of delay. Tools like NVDA Remote and JAWS Tandem partially solve this problem, but they are not mainstream solutions and require both computers to have the screen reader installed. This is not always feasible if a blind person is working with a sighted person that either has no idea how to install a screen reader or does not want to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Dwell Clicking as an Ease of Access feature

Some people (like me) can't use Eye Control for various reasons. We type with trackballs or joysticks. So my question is: If you could offer Dwell Clicking for your Eye Control, **why on Earth** wouldn't you offer it as a global Ease of Access option? It seems like your physical accessibility options, like the Onscreen Keyboard etc., are being really neglected. There is a lot of need for improvement in this area and nothing seems to happen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Restore Windows 7 feature to allow them customization

Windows 7 had a feature that allowed you to customize themes. can you not put that feature into windows 10?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve the captcha system

The captcha system on your website is not disabled friendly. At present it is almost impossible to distinguish between individual letters. I Harvey spent 4-5 attempts filling out the form on sender.outlook.com . The same system is used elsewhere on the Microsoft website and is not at all user friendly for visually impaired. I suspect it may we’ll be in breach of the Uk equality act on website accessibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Windows 10 identifying my SANYO TV/Monitor as an ACER Monitor and Tech Rep avoided connecting to Extreem Excess

Windows 10 had suddenly started identifying my SANYO TV/Monitor as an ACER Monitor. I feel that inappropriate drivers could possibly cause harm to my 26 inch HD Wide Screen equipment not to mention that even though I have it hooked into an nVidia Graphics Card, I can't get any HD or streaming action due to this. The Tech Rep at the disability desk pretty much bent over backwards to avoid hooking up with me to see if he could get the OS to reanalyze the hardware and see if it would correct itself. I've received better service than this from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On-screen keyboard visibility

There should be a way to adjust the visibility features of the on-screen keyboard. For individuals with visual impairments it is very difficult to use. The letters are tiny compared to the key size. There is a lot of real-estate that could be utilized. The colors are also not ideal. The white and light gray on a dark gray background is sleek, but not accessible in the slightest.

I am happy to see Microsoft adding these accessibility features, but there are still a lot of improvements that can be made!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Settings/Apps/Default apps, tab is the only way to keyboard navigate.

Reference case no. 1475872885.
    I am a power user of JAWS and an intermediate level user of NVDA and Narrator. I am trying to change some of my default programs by file type. I go to Settings/Apps/Default Apps and select "choose default apps by file type."

It appears that the only way I can navigate the resulting list is with the tab key. The arrows, PGUP and PGDN don't work and the file type I really need to change is .zip because it got associated with a music player by mistake.

I confirmed this with the disability answer desk who…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Inclusive tech glasses for Deaf

Hi my name is Maryan and im wondering if you have a more streamlined and discreet version of the hololens with live captioning so Deaf people can easily communicate and better understand hearing people wherever they are??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Slowing down the voice on the phone verification service

I was with an elderly neighbour over the weekend helping reset her account. Due to disabilities, she is slow to type and one step in resetting her account needed her to input the number read aloud on the phone verification service. It reads it very fast, twice and then hangs up. It would be good to have a question at the end to ask 'would you like that repeated' or to slow it down a bit as I had to agree it was very quick.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inclusion of People withe 3rd Degree Burns; and people having Traumatic Brain Injury.

It is cumbersome for me to make use of my digits, e.g., fingers, due to scar tissue, and also because of neurological issues; the issues do not however rise to the level of my having a "tick' situation'"; this is more of a cautionary measure, taken, on my part; because I have borne first-hand witness (no pub intended) to individuals having their own circumstances, that are of a far worse sequelae, e.g. post-incident circumstance, than am I; Cf. Maryland Institute of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.; for exigent informations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have a place to ask general questions via email.

Have a place to ask a general question via email instead of phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My 9 yr old son has Leukemia and we are on the verge of homelessness if it werent for charities. We need help with game pass & xboxlivegold

I'm wondering if there is a charity that can help children in treatment that are hard care gamers. His Xbox is all that makes him happy and he dreams of being a youtube streamer for xbox and Microsoft pc games! LOL! But its just come down to, we just cant afford the xbox live gold and game pass now. He has an Xbox one s that was a gift from a distant friend but I cant keep up with the costs. He is an amazing gamer at just 9. He has almost 6000G coins in such a short time. He…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I don't want tiles. I want Icons with text. I struggle with visual agnosia. I HATE Win 10 and Tiles.

I don't want tiles. I want Icons with text. I struggle with visual agnosia. I HATE Win 10 and Tiles. My brain does not recognize pictures. I am not 4. I can read text.
    Give us back our Win 7 or before GUI. XP had a great GUI. I could find anything. Win 7, not so good. Win 10 turns my computer into a brick. I CAN"T FIND ANYTHING Give us a Win 7 overlay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customer support too complicated

Today I went through numerous loops trying to speak with a human. FYI......your customer support online options does NOT cover everything. Things need to be less complicated. I tried to speak with someone about my son's account being suspended. His cousin literally logged into his account and sent inappropriate messages to people. I tried finding the call back feature......I can't find it. I tried to appeal the suspension, can't find that option either. Things are too complicated and when calling the toll free number, there should ALWAYS be an option to speak with a human. Online does not always help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Here's an idea for accesability! How about a COMPANY E:MAIL ADDRESS?

Here's an idea for accessibility! How about a COMPANY E:MAIL ADDRESS we can use when our E:Mail address of TWENTY YEARS gets blocked and after MULTIPLE attempts at your " authentication process" and multiple promises (BY YOU) to call with a code, you require me to open another account. Thereby losing ALL my E:Mails (some from deceased relatives) AND my contacts! WTH?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Constant floating disability toolbar to be available across ALL Office apps

Good evening
    I am working on a large rollout of Office 365 for around 200,000 employees in the UK, and wanted to draw your attention to the following -
    I would like to know whether Microsoft are planning to introduce an end user accessibility toolbar available to call up and float across ALL the Office 365 apps to enable users to select multi position screen rulers to select the colour background colour within each app. The challenges to the end user with accessibility problems are different within each of the Office 365 apps, and also vary for different end users.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Are you open to presenting a Washington State ABLE webinar? ABLE allows individuals with disabilities to save money for qualified disabilit

ABLE Qualified Expenses
    Expenses which help improve health, independence and/or quality of life:
     Education
     Housing
     Basic Living Expenses
     Transportation
     Employment Training & Support
     Assistive Technology
     Personal Support Services
     Health, Prevention & Wellness
     Financial Management
     Legal Fees