Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Build 1809 - File Explorer Right-Click-Menu Problem

I've been everywhere. Feedback Hub, Reddit, Microsoft Accessibility/Support-based accounts on Twitter, Disabled Help Desk. Can we please give this problem some real-world attention by someone who can actually help?

As of Windows 10 Build 1809 - The registry fix of setting "ImmersiveContextMenu" to "0", located at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures", no longer has any effect in disabling the new 'immersive context menu'.

Windows shell has the new style, including desktop, file explorer and open dialog boxes in all applications. Why is this a problem? Why was I previously using a registry tweak to remove the new immersive context menu? Just look at it!…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I'm an ATP working with people with complex physical access needs. Can we please have Switch Access to Windows added to Ease of Access?!

While we all love Eye Control and the potential for unlocking people's Access to their computers, Switch and Scan is still a very common method for many users with significant physical disabilities for whom eye gaze technology is not suitable . It's also present and well executed in MacOSX , iOS, and recent Android builds - please add integrated Switch Access to the Ease of Access Center !

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add Dwell Clicking as an Ease of Access feature

Some people (like me) can't use Eye Control for various reasons. We type with trackballs or joysticks. So my question is: If you could offer Dwell Clicking for your Eye Control, **why on Earth** wouldn't you offer it as a global Ease of Access option? It seems like your physical accessibility options, like the Onscreen Keyboard etc., are being really neglected. There is a lot of need for improvement in this area and nothing seems to happen.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Difficulty reading the “non-robot” letters or numbers

If someone can’t read the automated log on assist, ie those letters and numbers u need to retype to show u are not a robot, a human should come on to help u after 3-5 missed tries. I could not read the automated symbols and finally had to call the disability line to get assistance as I could not find any other # to call

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Windows On-Screen-Keyboard right click types capital characters

More often than not I'm using the Windows OSK over any third party virtual keyboard for accessibility. It is very robust and does not crash. I'd like to suggest that a rightclick on any of the OSK character keys should type a capital character. Same goes with numbers. So a rightclick on eg. a `3` would type ’§'. I believe that could introduce tremendous improvement for users with disabilities.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows On-Screen-Keyboard scrolling wheel

There are lots of apps and games that make use of a scrolling wheel on a mouse. There is not one accessibility tool that gives users with disabilities a way to take control of that. Many users with severe physical disabilities are unable to use a hardware mouse or a scrolling wheel I'm petitioning for an option inside the Windows On-Screen-Keyboard that allows to have two additional buttons for wheel up or wheel down. The options would need further control about the number of lines per click. Maybe even ticks or notches per click.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Customer Assistance

I am 87 and hard of hearing. Just got off the phone with a customer service represe3ntative named George (reference number 1447140871). He did a great job of helping me update my subscription to Windows. Thanks and congratulations on an excellent employee.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Natural ergonomic keyboard 4000: split the spacebar into two

Hi this is still a good keyboard .. Just one improvement maybe: Please split the spacebar into two like you did for the Sculpt keyboard .. Thanks!

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sculpt ergonomic keyboard: Separate out multimedia and Fn keys please

It wastes time to flip the fn toggle key every time ... thank you

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• develop a simple version of the software so people do not need an giant win 10 to check their e mail, check bank account, or credit card.

I was happy with win 98 I was able to do what I wanted to in that program. to bad you forgot the average person,

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• maske youentire system more usable to NON generation x,y.z,millenial computer geeks.I'd willing go back to:manuasl typrewritersd,rotary telr

I just did,and make it easier to directly speak with a live English speaking human being.Your"virtual system"only puts me into an endless loop and STINKS !!I just want/need Windows 2010,Word 7.0 to function.I do not need or want newer products[and can't afford them on my very limited Social Security];ditto cell phones-I only use them in an emergency and need one that will hold a fully charged unused battery for over a month.From now on I will do more communication by hand writing and postal mailing letters[despite the lousy service of the USPost Office.].Make a system that is also solar flare…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix alarms and clocks. It doesnt work for repeat alarms

I need the alarms feature to remind me three times a week to take a shot of interferon for MS. Its not working, goes off once, then quits. The disability help desk tried, but it is still the same issue. their call # was 1442799447. I am now shopping for an add on program for this since the built in one hasn't worked. Just FYI.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give people who's account has clearly been hacked better access to help not just waiting up to 24 hours for an email reply

your online team were unable to help me better with an obvious account hack, instead all I could do was email you via outlook and wait up to 24 hours for a response, despite the fact that myself and the technician had established suspicious activity, really Microsoft?? this is the 21st century right?

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows 10 Lock Screen

Give users the option to remove the Date and Time from Windows 10 Lock Screen. It tarnishes my beautiful lock screen image.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• PowerShell accessibility

A customer of mine has trouble coding in PowerShell because of the dark background, font color and size. He is older so his eye sight is not as sharp. Not being able to change the font size or color makes PowerShell inaccessible to some users. Please consider making it more accessible so anyone can use PowerShell.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• problems is narrator and turkish microsoft voice

I'm using Windows 10.
                                  Microsoft's Turkish male voice has some problems.
                                  First of all, the sound is not clear enough. Looks like the explosions ahead and the wind.
                                  Turkish voice, the sound of characters (letters, numbers, etc.) The sound is thicker than the normal speech sounds.
                                  The stopping time of the male voice in the punctuation mark is sometimes too long.
                                  This sound is incorrect in words (x q w) with English characters. In particular (exe, example) words are ignored x.
                                  Among Turkish speaking users, female voices are higher than male voices. So we have the expectation of a female…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sculpt ergonomic keyboard: Merge numpad into main keyboard

It is too far for one's hands to travel to the right every time, to the separate numeric keypad. ... Otherwise great layout ... Thanks!

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give BETTER help & advice to disabled people. Take over facebook too, as we would be able to get help easier

It would be great if microsoft took over facebook. It would be better run & if us disabled people had a problem, we would get a better & quicker result in getting problems sorted out, unlike at present with facebook. They just do not respond to anything. Microsoft has ALWAYS put customers first, unlike facebook, they only care about themselves.

0 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Speech to Windows BIOS

The most inaccessible part of Windows is the BIOS. There is no way for a blind person to change the BIOS by them selves and it is almost impossible to have someone on your phone read the screen that is on the bios over the phone.
                                        This means that I need to have someone who is comfortable with working on the innards of the computer, who I trust, following directions from someone who has no idea what they should be looking for.
                                        This is the only time where Narrator has an advantage over other screen readers.
                                        Please allow some access…

12 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • More time to answer questions on the Live Chat

I need more than two minutes to answer the question in Live Chat. What about five minutes?

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base