Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Go back to having an email contacts. Sometimes it is just a lot easier to email, especially if I want to attach a screen print.

Why not go back to being able to contact you by EMAIL?? Sometimes we like to attach something to explain the problem better.
    I'm afraid you've lost the idea of "Ease of Access" or at least for help.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. an opt-in feature for more visible ctrls w/ Edge [ when large screen display ]

an opt-in feature for more visible ctrls w/ Edge [ when large screen display is used ]

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add de-neo ergonomic Keyboard layout to default Windows installation

Add the german "Neo ergonomisch optimiert" keyboard layout (comparable to Dvorjak which is already shipped with windows).
    This can be installed already by individual users, a default install would help with switching machines often or workplace machines without admin rights.
    http://neo-layout.org/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I too have a disability

I was in a horrific accident 4 years ago. I’m now paralyzed from the waist down. I have not mastered my core strength yet so I spend a lot of time laying in bed or sitting in my wheelchair. My problem is I need an idea on how to ***** my laptop on my lap so I can access the keyboard and see the screen without straining my neck. Also while I am sitting in my wheelchair I tend to fight with the issue of my laptop sliding off of my lap. Any ideas you have to help me would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keep doing disability support!

it is excellent, i have epilepsy and get stressed out. Thank you!! MS support 24/7 is wonderful!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Windows has poorer accessibility for people with low vision

I have macular degeneration, and I use a 29-inch HD monitor with Magnifier on in the inverted color mode to improve readability of documents (all have black text on a white surface). When I use Magnifier to increase a 6 or 8 point a fund to the size of a 16-point font, the result is ragged-looking and hard to read. The Microsoft speech recognition tutorial was hard to use because I had to magnify the readings until their raggedness make it hard to read them. If I am working with a dark-themed website that has small text, I can’t magnify…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Extremely difficult to use and access. What is the waiting period about? Just want to erase my searches. Not at all easy to use.

When I sign in and get a code do not make me get another and then say it takes several weeks to use. This is stupid. Make Microsoft for us dummies who are who we say we are and just want to do simple things like erase search history.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Windows Classic emulators

I know this may not seem like an appropriate location for this suggestion, but I had a thought this morning. Since many people find Windows intimidating, why provide a sort of backwards compatibility for the user. What I mean is a $20 VM that emulates previous Windows environments for those who are too scared of the newest Windows OSes. In essence, it would be sort of like training wheels for Windows.

For example, for students with learning disabilities, they could ease into the modern Windows by starting in Win 95. Since older Windows versions tended to be far less feature…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improvements to On-Screen Keyboard

Here are a few suggestions for the on-screen keyboard:

-allow users to add words to the dictionary
    -add functionality for "abbreviation expansion" (allowing users to type a few letters that automatically expand into a longer string, such as an e-mail address or phrase)
    -allow users to customize the layout and color scheme
    -improve word prediction by learning the user's writing style
    -emoji!

Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have dyslexia. Lost my Hotmail Password. Password recovery page unsuccessful. Please Help.

I have filled in the password recovery page but I keep getting a message that insufficient info has been provided. I cannot log into my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Where do I go from here? Is it possible to speak to someone about this matter? None of the online solutions work for me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Phone verification on suspended account.

Microsoft account is suspended. Instruction said put enter the phone number for sending verification code. My phone number has no function of SMS. There are no alternative way to verification. I hope to verify by phone call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Extend access to Windows 10 for the disabled.

Microsoft should extend free access to Windows 10 for the disabled and give clearer notice of its expiration. There are many disabled who were unaware of the deadline. Windows 10 has additional features for helping disabled persons. In addition, it is clearly in Microsoft's interest to have as many people using Windows 10 as possible.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorrect opening times for telephone conversations with UK disability helpdesk,

Telephone opening times, needs to updated weekly to see if they are correct.
    It is not the first time were found at the weekend, opening stated times on the website does not correspond when actually using it..
    Especially important for dyslexics who want to speak not try to use the computer and voice recognition software at the same time too stressful when there's an issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. change the format of your multiple windows in one screen.

After the three finger swipe, the multi window screen is now a scroll format. Because windows are not in predictable places, quickly changing between windows has become more tedious. Before, I could quickly switch between two windows I am using frequently, but now there is a lot more hovering of my mouse to find the window I need

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide Services for Customers RETAINING THE BETTER WINDOWS XP & VISTA

PLEASE PROVIDE OPTIONS!

If a customer is NOT buying a new computer OR purchasing an UPDATED WINDOWS VERSION, give customers some options as to how to sustain services safely.

The newer versions of Windows have less customization options,, have way too much graphics (ribbons and windows are visually too crowded & chaotic), and are not user friendly for end users who need a user created custom,simplified in focus, desk top environment.
    Rather than force such users to buy a new computer or purchase an incompatible software system that does not function for those with individualized computer visual field,Microsoft should offer
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add missing access keys to all recently added commands in Visual Studio that are missing them

No, not hot keys. No, not command bindings. Access keys are the letters that get underlined in menu text when you use the ALT key to open a menu.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Regarding this website

Hi, when I wrote my feedback about narrator, the feedback asked me to fill my email and then submitted it.

After a few days, I hadn't received any notifications or emails from Microsoft team, so I went back to to the website again. I checked my feedback and you already responded to me. That's strange.

I remembered last year when I voted or submitted my feedback, I would get emails from Outlook.

Can you investigate this issue?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base