Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Row headers not reading in Excel Tables

I have read Microsoft Accessibility Team Manager's response to Duff that states that Narrator will read column and row headers if appropriate options are checked in the Design tab for tables. I have tried this on multiple Windows 10 computers running April 2018 update and last fall's update. I am unhappy to report that the proposed solution has not worked for me or my students.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Creating and inserting a text box to be made accessible using JAWS speech and braille output in Excel

Creating and inserting a text box to be made accessible using speech and braille output in Excel 2016. Can only create a textbox with cursor.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Mac için Publisher

biz öğrencilerin ödev ve proje çalışmalarında yapacağımız sunum çalışmalarında bu uygulama kolay ve yararlı olmaktadır. Ancak Mac pc lerde publisher çalışmamaktadır.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Excel eyestrain from glare of white background...

There needs to be an option to reduce the default Excel white worksheet color to gray or beige.

Please don't suggest using the Windows 'High contrast mode', which is worse. High contrast helps people who need the added contrast for legibility.

But for reduced eyestrain, LOWER contrast is needed. A grayish or beige background should be an option for the worksheet cell area -- better yet, allow the user to select their ideal color from a color picker.

It's ridiculous that there's a dozen different options for "background" like "Calligraphy", and 3 different options for "theme" (Colorful, Gray, White), but…

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base