Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365

I received an invitation from a friend to create a shared One Drive folder but it wasn't intuitive about how to set it up, largely because the text of the email message that was generated by Microsoft contained several graphic images without alt text. I use JAWS 2020, Windows 10 and Office 365. If you could make the invitation more accessible and intuitive, I think it would enable users to create the shared folder more independently. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1500842033 not solved

It would be nice if Wilma solved my problem this past week, but that woman in the Philippines could not even find a tech supervisor, let alone offer any assistance. My MSFT password was LOCKED and I could not get in no matter what I did. Attempts to re-do the password were not successful. I sure did not need to spend almost an hour (via phone) in the Philippines on the accessibility desk which was a complete waste of time.

I still don't have my password and I do not have 15 digit code. It would be a great idea…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the timeline from Microsoft Outlook

The new timeline on Microsoft Outlook is distracting for people on the autistic spectrum. Please provide the option to hide it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include number of unread message count in Outlook in dialogue accessible from Control + y.

When in Outlook, it is possible to quickly move between folders using the keyboard shortcut: control + y. HOwever, the number of unread messages in each folder is not exposed to screen readers such as Jaws, NVDA and Narrator. Jaws has a scripted solution to this, but it would be universally accessible if this number was provided through UIA or another method. Please up voat.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Accessibility checker in Word PowerPoint Outlook font size

The accessibility checker has no setting for suggesting a sensible sized font i.e. bigger than 11 say point 12 my chosen default this is a serious omission
    are you aware of this and if so, is it on your road map to fix . So currently I can send an email in 8 point that I can’t read even with glasses . even outside this feature in outlook   accessibility checker makes no reference to font size in word ,outlook
    etc

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change color for "show as" "work from elsewhere"

The "Show as" option "work from elsewhere" seems impossible, for people, to distinguish from "available".

Can you use a different color (fx. green) and (fx. horizontal bars or something) to make it easier to see?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Outlook 2016, Zoomtext 2020, and Windows 10. Zoomtext is causing Outlook to be slow and/or unresponsive.

we have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. My computer gad a virus and was restored to factory defaults and everything reloaded. The problem continues. We have a ticket in with Freedom Scientific, but so far no resolution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for "Never" Option on Reminders

There is no option to have "never" as a reminder for a default setting. This is very frustrating because I have to go into each individual event and say that I don't want a reminder. As a person who uses their calendar as a planner as well as a schedule, this is very frustrating.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tech support service

I would recommend the TECH support individual JPHN B (who answered my most recent support call )!!! He listened to ALL my concerns, past efforts, and needs, then set up an Outlook version for me to access previous information. A fast, efficient and successful job very well done!!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. outlook dictate

Word for Mac 2019 has a 'Dictate' button which is great - much more accurate than the MacOS built-in dictation. Please add the same button to Outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to share an email opened in OUTLOOK in my notebook to one my colleague through WEB-whatsapp

Just now I am working in OUTLOOK in my notebook. I just want to share an email through web-whatsapp to one of my colleague. I couldnt find any option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reduce wasted header space for To/Cc/Bcc/Subject for new emails in updated Outlook 2016. Not enough space remaining to see what you compose.

Please reduced the new waste space used for the headers in the updated version of Outlook 2016. I just received the update this week.

On my laptop especially, When I open a new email to compose, so much space is wasted by the newly formatted To/ Cc/ Bcc/ Subject area that I can only see a few lines of the email I am composing.

Please correct this poor design. The prior version was much more space efficient.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for individuals living with left Homonymous Hemianopsia

There should a facility for change the order of a display so that the list of folders can be positioned on the right hand side of the screen.

Whilst this request has been raised against Outlook, the problem applies to all Microsoft products designed for the Windows environment and products developed using Microsoft development tools. eg File Explorer, order of tabs on the toolbar for all applications.

Note that Homonymous Hemianopsia is often linked to individuals who have had a stroke and they may have other disabilities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ReadAloud Feedback - Speed with Number Values and Access to Different Speeds in Edge

Hello,

I noticed that the ReadAloud speed slider varies in output between Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Edge (new or old browser). Would it be possible to have the higher speeds in Word to be available in Edge (to be used in PDFs and web pages).

Would it also be possible to add a numeric value to the speed to be able to know we're selecting a speed setting again such as 14.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would really appreciate if we were able to use the surface pen to write on the windows outlook calendar

I would like to be able to use the surface pen in order to jot down notes and events on the calendar. It doesn't seem like that feature is currently available but I do see we are able to use the surface pen to write emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. why are the icons for word, outlook, calendar, and mail all basically identical at first glance? they should be visually distinctive

why are the icons for word, outlook, calendar, and mail all basically identical at first glance? they should be visually distinctive from each other, especially by color at the very least! It's so frustrating trying to switch apps and confusing them all for each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give control of email message page colour without changing recipient view

As a user I want full control of email message body page colour Without changing recipient view which may cause issues with recipients devices, compatibility, plus they may have a disability themselves so what works for me may hurt their eyes
    I suffer visual problems, photosensitivity and struggle with white glare on the page when composiing messages in outlook email.
    I changed this message body page background using "page" colour setting to be dark blue with pale text. I didnt realise this page colour changed recipients view too.
    Neither my husband on outlook office (same account as me) nor a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My Microsoft word is set up for the visually impaired , i can set the font size cant make taskbarslarger PLEASE TRY 2 fix it

Make icons in task bars in windows word doc & outlook emails Larger , I had to cancel outlook yesterday I am visually impaired everything across the top & down the left side were invisible to me .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base