Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include number of unread message count in Outlook in dialogue accessible from Control + y.

When in Outlook, it is possible to quickly move between folders using the keyboard shortcut: control + y. HOwever, the number of unread messages in each folder is not exposed to screen readers such as Jaws, NVDA and Narrator. Jaws has a scripted solution to this, but it would be universally accessible if this number was provided through UIA or another method. Please up voat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tech support service

I would recommend the TECH support individual JPHN B (who answered my most recent support call )!!! He listened to ALL my concerns, past efforts, and needs, then set up an Outlook version for me to access previous information. A fast, efficient and successful job very well done!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give control of email message page colour without changing recipient view

As a user I want full control of email message body page colour Without changing recipient view which may cause issues with recipients devices, compatibility, plus they may have a disability themselves so what works for me may hurt their eyes
    I suffer visual problems, photosensitivity and struggle with white glare on the page when composiing messages in outlook email.
    I changed this message body page background using "page" colour setting to be dark blue with pale text. I didnt realise this page colour changed recipients view too.
    Neither my husband on outlook office (same account as me) nor a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My Microsoft word is set up for the visually impaired , i can set the font size cant make taskbarslarger PLEASE TRY 2 fix it

Make icons in task bars in windows word doc & outlook emails Larger , I had to cancel outlook yesterday I am visually impaired everything across the top & down the left side were invisible to me .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. why are the icons for word, outlook, calendar, and mail all basically identical at first glance? they should be visually distinctive

why are the icons for word, outlook, calendar, and mail all basically identical at first glance? they should be visually distinctive from each other, especially by color at the very least! It's so frustrating trying to switch apps and confusing them all for each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Darken the Out of Office Shading

Out of office color should be much darker. The shading for a full Out of Office day in the Exchange version of Outlook is barely distinguishable from open time. This didn't use to be the case.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't read "zero items" in Outlook 2016 with JAWS when there are other messages displayed

Using JAWS 2019 with Outlook 2016 (O365), I view my Inbox without the reading pane active. When I press the "delete" key on my keyboard while in the message list, I hear "zero items." Yet if I arrow upa nd down, I hear more email in the folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Color contrast of names for people who are out-of-office in Outlook's dark mode

I changed the color of Outlook to "Black", as white is blinding to me as a low-vision user. However, when people have an out-of-office message, the text still shows as red on black...which is impossible for me to read. I'd prefer a different color be used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alt text option for picture that can be added to signature in Microsoft Outlook.

Users need to be able to add alt text to pictures that can be added to one's signature in Microsoft Outlook. I have employees that just want to attach a digital picture of their business card. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to set up someones preffered disability settings when sending an email to them

My daughter is visually impaired so she needs to have text in size 24 and Arial Black but I need to manually amend my email to these settings each time I email her. I therefore think there should be a way of setting my settings for an individual i.e. if I know Holly needs in size 24 and Arial Black whey can’t my O365 remember that and when I put here email address it does it not automatically set these settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve ability to differentiate between small office icons on taskbar

I'm partially color blind, and the new modern icons, when used as "small icons" are very hard to differentiate at a glance as they all use a similar color scheme. Yes, they have different icons and letters, but they blend in. Perhaps there is a way to add alternate taskbar icons with different colors to help differentiate between Teams, Outlook, and Word at a glance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please make Out Of Office Shading Darker

Please make the out of office shading darker in Outlook - like the old version. The darker shading is a much more effective way to those of us who manage several calendars. Currently looking for other calendar software due to this issue.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Microsoft Outlook Contacts, could Videophone be added as a type of telephone number, in addition to TTY/TDD, which is already available?

More and more, Deaf people have videophones (instead of TTY/TDDs). But there's no way to indicate that a specific tel. number if a videophone. this would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook iPhone app: improve user experience for VoiceOver users

Improve the user experience for VoiceOver users in the Outlook iPhone app. Efficient Calendar navigation through future dates is currently not possible. Braille screen input can also be unstable in many situations. Native iOS Mail app currently offers a more reliable experience for VoiceOver users.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i have never encountered such a pathetic technical support. utterly useless

i cant access a product i bought off you because of your inane and pathetic tech support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need Mail Accessabilities like we use to have

Do something with the mail. Why doesn't Microsoft deal with the outlook mail and have all the extra that the previous email had like windows 7 etc?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook 2016¸ version 16.0.11029.20045 32-bit braille bug composing new message with JAWS 2018, 2019

When composing a new email in Outlook 2016 build 16.0.11029.20045, the Cc... appears in cell 19 or 20 (on a 40-cell Focus 40 and 32-cell Brailliant). This is expected to be in the 6th cell when using cells 1-4 as status cells and a space. The behavior on other builds is as expected. There was no CC label at all on 16.0.9029.2167 after we reinstalled using the Offline installer. Updates took us back up to 16.0.11029.20045 and brought the issue back.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option of pinning the Accessibility Checker in Outlook

I am trying to be more consistent about using the accessibility checker with Outlook and PowerPoint. I also like the live checking feature as I compose. Having the checker start or appear by default as I begin an email or PPT would be a great option.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. All day event area on calendar.

We use all-day events for deadlines. All-day event area should be shaded or somehow delineated from the rest of the calendar.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base