Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook iPhone app: improve user experience for VoiceOver users

Improve the user experience for VoiceOver users in the Outlook iPhone app. Efficient Calendar navigation through future dates is currently not possible. Braille screen input can also be unstable in many situations. Native iOS Mail app currently offers a more reliable experience for VoiceOver users.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make Out Of Office Shading Darker

Please make the out of office shading darker in Outlook - like the old version. The darker shading is a much more effective way to those of us who manage several calendars. Currently looking for other calendar software due to this issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve ability to differentiate between small office icons on taskbar

I'm partially color blind, and the new modern icons, when used as "small icons" are very hard to differentiate at a glance as they all use a similar color scheme. Yes, they have different icons and letters, but they blend in. Perhaps there is a way to add alternate taskbar icons with different colors to help differentiate between Teams, Outlook, and Word at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. i have never encountered such a pathetic technical support. utterly useless

i cant access a product i bought off you because of your inane and pathetic tech support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Outlook 2016¸ version 16.0.11029.20045 32-bit braille bug composing new message with JAWS 2018, 2019

When composing a new email in Outlook 2016 build 16.0.11029.20045, the Cc... appears in cell 19 or 20 (on a 40-cell Focus 40 and 32-cell Brailliant). This is expected to be in the 6th cell when using cells 1-4 as status cells and a space. The behavior on other builds is as expected. There was no CC label at all on 16.0.9029.2167 after we reinstalled using the Offline installer. Updates took us back up to 16.0.11029.20045 and brought the issue back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option of pinning the Accessibility Checker in Outlook

I am trying to be more consistent about using the accessibility checker with Outlook and PowerPoint. I also like the live checking feature as I compose. Having the checker start or appear by default as I begin an email or PPT would be a great option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All day event area on calendar.

We use all-day events for deadlines. All-day event area should be shaded or somehow delineated from the rest of the calendar.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need Mail Accessabilities like we use to have

Do something with the mail. Why doesn't Microsoft deal with the outlook mail and have all the extra that the previous email had like windows 7 etc?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alt text option for picture that can be added to signature in Microsoft Outlook.

Users need to be able to add alt text to pictures that can be added to one's signature in Microsoft Outlook. I have employees that just want to attach a digital picture of their business card. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Office 365 Accessibility

Outlook 365 needs separators to the right & left of "save & close" so I won't accidentally select delete and lose work I NEED. Also, Calendar needs the name of the current day in bright Yellow so it stands out from other days in thw week of month.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to set up someones preffered disability settings when sending an email to them

My daughter is visually impaired so she needs to have text in size 24 and Arial Black but I need to manually amend my email to these settings each time I email her. I therefore think there should be a way of setting my settings for an individual i.e. if I know Holly needs in size 24 and Arial Black whey can’t my O365 remember that and when I put here email address it does it not automatically set these settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. can't navigate address suggestions when composing email in Outlook ios app w VO

In the Outlook app for IOS with VO, when composing an email and I begin to enter text in the "To" field, I'm unable to navigate the email suggestion list with VO that appears visually. Instead as I swipe I get the fields in the main window like "cc" and "bcc".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please reinstate the bold, centered font for all day events that only run for a single day

All day events that only run for a single day are now not bold and are left justified. Please make them bold and centered like all my other all day events that last longer than one day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. be good if you had an automatic spell and grammer check built in

would make it much easier for people with bad eyesight and make spelling mistakes

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change sound notification for important email on laptop using Windows 10.

When receiving a new email, I want to hear a different notification sound for important emails.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. one touch

Would love to just have an option to set away message for vacation. its not an everyday function, so I struggle every time I go on vacation from work and home to figure out how to configure it. My suggestion is a tab in the email section "Set away status" with some very simple drop downs allowing you to add a message or use a generic setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restore drag/drop function

I was able to drag/drop emails to Calendar. But it seems that this function was removed from Outlook 2016. Please restore this function.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. App Fonts & Visual Accessibility Design Options

I opened a ticket with Premier support and was told to go submit my comments and vote at https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293346-outlook-for-android/suggestions/8687848-edit-app-font-font-size-and-color-in-email. I was surprised it had so many votes, yet it was DECLINED and commenting was closed!

The only accessibility option in the Outlook for Android app is for contrast - which isn't that great. Our agency has many visually-impaired users with various levels of disability. They are unable to use email on their phones because there are no real accessibility options in the Outlook app and setting up their email in the native app isn't an option because we are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. eliminating need to make further calls to tech support

I am happy that I was able to get outlook up and running, but if the tech went a bit slower and explained what they were doing, I might be able to set it myself when I get a new computer and not have to rely on their help to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base