Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Webpages and all content dark with lighter color fonts and characters

For the Love of Humans with limited visual acuity, please please, spare us the agony of staring at glaring white background webpages in Edge, glaring white pages in Word, even glaring white backgounds in google Play store, I remember Dark Black Windows 8.1 Mobile, and even Windows 10 all dark,which was so awesome, especially for someone like me, who has acuity restrictions and work late hours, the so called night shift owls like us love colors gentle, but easy to discern, in Chrome,VEdge I can download extensions, but that is the longer way round just give us a universal Dark…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a Hotkey to Quickly access Favorites Menu.

Please add alt+A functionality, to quickly access the "Favorites" menu, as in Internet Explorer. As a screen reader and primarily keyboard user, every keystroke matters. Even one or two additional keystrokes make a workflow more cumbersome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Narrator is not conveying the password & Email fields as editable when focused in Microsoft Edge

Hey Microsoft, I would like to share my piece of feedback on an issue that is observed in Microsoft Edge while using Narrator.
    On tabbing to password & Email edit fields i.e. which are marked as type=”password” and type=”email” in underlying HTML, I have observe Narrator is not announcing ‘edit’ instead only announces the label of the field.
    For example, when ‘New password’ edit field receives the focus Narrator announces it as ‘New password’ or ‘New password end of line’ at times and this doesn’t convey users the field as editable. Same behavior is experienced with Email edit fields also. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Narrator no longer reads `role=math` since 1809

In Windows 10 version 1803, Narrator could read `<span role=math aria-label="message m">???</span>` as "message m". In Windows 10 version 1809, it seems that Narrator completely ignores this span element.

Please also vote for this feedback in Windows Feedback Hub: https://aka.ms/AA5f2tq

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. UNABLE TO ACCESS EDGE

You put updates on my computer today and now I'm TOTALLY UNABLE TO ACCESS EDGE. Looks like other browsers for me! How in the world do you expect me to buy stuff from you when you do stuff like that??!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow setting for Surface pen so that if I want to use it to write in web browser I can write without having to hold the button down.

If I want to write on something within the browser (like to grade an online assignment), I have to hold the button down, since the default pen function is to use it to scroll. Can there be an option where we decide which function (scroll or write) is the default? It's almost impossible to write or draw while holding down the button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop sending me the ads - I on purpose will not shop from them

Stop sending me ads - I on purpose will not shop at those places

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. disk 100% !!!!

hi. i have case acer whit 32 gig ram . and cup i5 4440 . and graphic 4600 intel. and 500 gig hard .window 10 home. Always in task manager disk 100% . why ??? why?? please help me???please Repair this bug in Windows 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select specific spot to read in edge

Users should be able to highlight any text in Edge and have it read to them at that spot and not have to start at the beginning each time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Narrator + Edge in Win 1809 seems unable to cope with websites in different languages

When browsing the web on Edge with Narrator on Win 1809, and one navigates on a page authored in any other language than the one set for Narrator's synthesizer, Narrator will not switch to the correct language synthesizer but will attempt to pronounce the content in the default synthesizer, which will make the content unintelligible. This seems a rather basic feature. Am I missing a setting, or something, to make it work? NVDA, for instance, switches between languages smoothly as one browses through multilingual content with the correct lang attributes set.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Return to Windows Live Mail

Windows 10 deleted Windows Live Mail and downloaded something that never works and has no features. It eats up your hard drive with updates and stops working at will. The tech that downloaded it . Took seven hours trying to figure it out. and never did. Hardly spoke English! Microsoft email is a joke! Their flash player leaves a lot to be desired as well. My next computer will be an APPLE!!! So much better and it works!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have Screen Readers not read "blank" on role="presentation" or aria-hidden="true" SVG Elements

At the moment, when JAWS or NVDA with Edge, you have no way of fully ignoring an SVG. The screen reader will always read "graphic," unless you enable role="presentation" or aria-hidden="true," in which case it will read "blank."

If you add an aria-label to a parent div, that label will be reread multiple times depending on how many SVG elements and <text> elements are contained within that div.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. display options for dyslexic users

I recommend that allowing users to change the background colour to allow those of us that read better with a different colour background or overlay. This is something that is missing on all internet browsers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make edge work with Dragon Naturally Speaking

Many people rely on Dragon Naturally speaking to access there PC. Edge has no support for Dragon so is not usable, the only option is to revert to Internet Explorer.

Either Edge needs to support Speech recognition programs or Internet Explorer needs to continue to be supported. Otherwise a community of people will not be able to use MS products to access the internet.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic real time captioning of videos without subtitles

So we can understand videos using Edge even if it never had subtitles

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Regarding Cortana -

It would be very good of you could get Cortana to be more like a "sophia" AI, to be able to hold intelligent conversations and responses.
    Further more, after Cortana tells a Joke, a pun, or sings a song, etc. Leave the mic on and leave Corrana LISTENING for a Response or Reply to whatever she just said, did, quoted, etc.
    Allow an actual conversation to take place. Let Cortana become more personal and more friend like to people.
    You might be asking what are the benefits? How would this benefit people?

Well, in short, a quick answer;
    People whom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Narrator in browsers

Hey, I'm using Windows narrator and the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browser. So when I start the browser and navigate to the address bar or the search bar or anywhere and want to type anything it says "unavailable" every time I want to type a character, so I can't type anything. Why's that and what can I do against this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sticky Note Problems

I used sticky notes on a daily basis on a different computer (the notes stayed on my desktop all the time with notes) and loved it
    On the computer I am currently on ( Windows 10) sticky notes 2.1.18.0 I can not change the fonts or make the fonts larger, It is absolutely horrible and I hate it. I can not read anything on it. Can you please fix this problem so that I can use sticky notes again? I need it for school.
    I need the font size larger and i need different font styles. A.S.A.P.
    The sticky notes…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Reading View on the public web page which describes Reading View!

On the web page which describes Reading View - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17204/windows-10-take-your-reading-with-you - Reading View is not enabled. This seems almost cruel!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base