Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop using click here, or here for hyperlinks

I'm probably posting this in the wrong location but this was the closest forum I could find.
    I want to make an appeal to Microsoft's Accessibillity champions to run some internal training for the folk that prepare Microsoft's web page content and promotional emails. Please teach them how to write effective link text rather than using 'click here' .

Contextual text links have been a Web Content Accessibilty Guidelines (WCAG) requirement for a very long time now. And giving users an instruction to click something is not inclusive; mobile users tap, keyboard users press enter, etc
    I'm trying to get…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How are we expected to use MS products if everything is going to icon based tools?

Microsoft has moved to a icon/picture based tool system that is like Chinese to many of us. Why can't we have text discriptions under the icons? I learned to read when I was 4 so I could stop looking at pictures. Now, my damaged brain does not interpret pictures. What is that icon that looks like an old school building? What are 3 horizontal bars? What is the circle with a line off the side? Is it the symbol for No gender? Can I get rid of the styles box? It is distracting my eyes as I look for the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Translator

I have just been introduced to Microsoft Translator. It would be amazing if it had the capability to speak the translation of the photo. From what I can see online and in playing with the app on my phone, it only translates it.

This could be helpful for people who are not literate in their native language, have print disabilities, or who have low or no vision.
    If I have missed this capability, please direct me to how to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow speak selection in OneDrive to PDFs created with office lens

iOS speak selection has been removed from Menu in pdf created with office lens???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Captions in Teams like in Personal Skype

You recently added real time captioning to personal Skype. As a coder, I have a lot of short meetings on Teams with other developers. As someone with hearing loss and a cochlear implant, it would be great to get captions in Teams meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. What the **** is going on!!! veterans who have disabilities are treatred like **** here I can never a live person

This is ****. People who have who have put thier life on line for years. Yes we can go blind and deaf, well I guess that doesnt matter much. youll never a live person at mocrosoft

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MS OFFICE PROGRAMS NOT COMPATIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

MS OFFICE PROGRAMS NOT COMPATIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have so

I have ADHD and so many passwords. I am going insane. I cant do anything.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Accesability

Have real live people answer a phone for people that can not stand to talk to robot answering machines.
    Dear Bill and Melinda how about a charitable donation to Microsoft Corp. that they may continue support for Windows 7 really I do not care for windows 10 at all I am 77 and remember when a certain young man lived on Catalina Island and developed a world and life changing Disk Operating System the good old days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fresambay@outlook.com

I get massage to fix outlook account click on it it can't do anything. sends me to web site. Web site has nothing to do with fixing outlook account'
    Try support I get sent in circles. Try to get to chat with someone and wait for days and nothing. I have even tried writing in the box every 6 min to keep active. Did this for 10 hours nothing. You need to take some the money you are paying to stockholder and top ex and hire real human for people to deal with There are many things a robot can't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disability Answering Desk is wonderful, but Microsoft engineers probably don’t care about PWD. Every time when Microsoft upgrade new version

Disability Answering Desk is wonderful, but Microsoft engineers probably don’t care about PWD. Every time when Microsoft upgrade new version for many of us everything is so none accessible that we need to call DAD every day beg for help.
    You just implement new upgrade and now many pages are out of normal size of screen. No matter what I did decrease or increase screen it doesn’t help and DAD wonderful people don’t know a solution!

I attached just few print screens, but I can show you much more. You have still Ronaldo and few others who try very hard…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I do not appreciate getting a call from your company saying you are going to deduct $199.00 out of my bank acct. when I don’t even have that

I DO NOT appreciate your company calling me and saying you are going to deduct $199.00 out of my bank acct. when I don’t even have that much. I am going to report you to the police. You can’t say it was your company because I called the 1-775-234-0637 back and got your company. You did to my neighbor last week.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Access to network devices

Please make it possible to access/edit/save files created in your office suites such as Word etc that are stored in network drives that are easily detected by software such as File Manager Network Explorer on iOS devices. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. WINDOWS 7 - please don’t stop supporting

Please don’t stop supporting windows 7. Please don’t just think about yourselves. Ok we understand life is not going under us but we are disabled people we are visually impaired people. We only can use WINDOWS 7. Please don’t don’t stop supporting. If you do stop supporting it’s just like locking us in a room without water and bread. Please don’t stop supporting WINDOWS 7. We need windows 7. Life is not easy as yours for us. Please.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dont ever ask Microsoft for help if you are person with a disability . Today i ask why i have spread sheets and shoppong panner and has des

Idea encouge people with disabilies to go some where else that won't abuse them as much as you.. close your disability help desk it only aduses people with disabilies

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What features are available for mutes? What about a way to answer a smart phone?

Enable a smart phone to utilize type to text app to answer a smart phone. Now text is not spoken over the phon just through the phones speaker?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disability is normal part of human diversity

First, kudos to you on making technologies accessible to all. Learning Tools are awsome. Please keep working on making all tecnologies fully accessible to people with different types of disabilities. You are doing a great job, but you can always do better 😊.

Here are some suggestions related to your post Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia: Helping students with dyslexia with technology. In this post  there is a confusing reference to the definition of dyslexia. "These students whose language based learning difference causes a deficiency with phonological processing when learning to read, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. microsoft teams

Enhance the accessibility of Microsoft Teams with screen readers. We are moving to Microsoft Teams for all of our internal communications and I am not able to fully use Microsoft Teams. 1. Please add hotkeys to quickly move to various parts of Microsoft TEams. Currently, I have to tab to things on the screen and that is assuming that focus will move to areas. Sometimes, it does and sometimes it does not. 2. The calls tab and contacts or basically any of the tabs on the Calls tab are not accessible. This is a problem because I can not call…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As an individual with Vision issue, I have serious concern regarding the setting of magnifier option in the Microsoft Webmail . Its current

As an individual with Vision issue, I have serious concern regarding the setting of magnifier option in the Microsoft Webmail . Its currently set to 100% by default. And it only has the following listed magnifier ranges 25%, 50%,100% (Default), 150%,200% and 400% respectfully. In my opinion, customer should have the ability to set his or her magnifier range which can be any range depending on one’s vision issue. Please, consider removing this default setting to allow the ability and flexibility to set to any magnifier range for example 115% or 120% or more depending on one’s vision comfort. Thank…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base