Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unsubscribe

I have been advised that I have to make a decision about Microsoft by 30th of August and I would like to discontinue at that date. What is hard or impossible on your web site is the ability to communicate this request

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I do not appreciate getting a call from your company saying you are going to deduct $199.00 out of my bank acct. when I don’t even have that

I DO NOT appreciate your company calling me and saying you are going to deduct $199.00 out of my bank acct. when I don’t even have that much. I am going to report you to the police. You can’t say it was your company because I called the 1-775-234-0637 back and got your company. You did to my neighbor last week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop using click here, or here for hyperlinks

I'm probably posting this in the wrong location but this was the closest forum I could find.
    I want to make an appeal to Microsoft's Accessibillity champions to run some internal training for the folk that prepare Microsoft's web page content and promotional emails. Please teach them how to write effective link text rather than using 'click here' .
    Contextual text links have been a Web Content Accessibilty Guidelines (WCAG) requirement for a very long time now. And giving users an instruction to click something is not inclusive; mobile users tap, keyboard users press enter, etc
    I'm trying to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Access to network devices

Please make it possible to access/edit/save files created in your office suites such as Word etc that are stored in network drives that are easily detected by software such as File Manager Network Explorer on iOS devices. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. WINDOWS 7 - please don’t stop supporting

Please don’t stop supporting windows 7. Please don’t just think about yourselves. Ok we understand life is not going under us but we are disabled people we are visually impaired people. We only can use WINDOWS 7. Please don’t don’t stop supporting. If you do stop supporting it’s just like locking us in a room without water and bread. Please don’t stop supporting WINDOWS 7. We need windows 7. Life is not easy as yours for us. Please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dont ever ask Microsoft for help if you are person with a disability . Today i ask why i have spread sheets and shoppong panner and has des

Idea encouge people with disabilies to go some where else that won't abuse them as much as you.. close your disability help desk it only aduses people with disabilies

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disability is normal part of human diversity

First, kudos to you on making technologies accessible to all. Learning Tools are awsome. Please keep working on making all tecnologies fully accessible to people with different types of disabilities. You are doing a great job, but you can always do better 😊.

Here are some suggestions related to your post Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia: Helping students with dyslexia with technology. In this post  there is a confusing reference to the definition of dyslexia. "These students whose language based learning difference causes a deficiency with phonological processing when learning to read, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. What features are available for mutes? What about a way to answer a smart phone?

Enable a smart phone to utilize type to text app to answer a smart phone. Now text is not spoken over the phon just through the phones speaker?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. As an individual with Vision issue, I have serious concern regarding the setting of magnifier option in the Microsoft Webmail . Its current

As an individual with Vision issue, I have serious concern regarding the setting of magnifier option in the Microsoft Webmail . Its currently set to 100% by default. And it only has the following listed magnifier ranges 25%, 50%,100% (Default), 150%,200% and 400% respectfully. In my opinion, customer should have the ability to set his or her magnifier range which can be any range depending on one’s vision issue. Please, consider removing this default setting to allow the ability and flexibility to set to any magnifier range for example 115% or 120% or more depending on one’s vision comfort. Thank…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. microsoft teams

Enhance the accessibility of Microsoft Teams with screen readers. We are moving to Microsoft Teams for all of our internal communications and I am not able to fully use Microsoft Teams. 1. Please add hotkeys to quickly move to various parts of Microsoft TEams. Currently, I have to tab to things on the screen and that is assuming that focus will move to areas. Sometimes, it does and sometimes it does not. 2. The calls tab and contacts or basically any of the tabs on the Calls tab are not accessible. This is a problem because I can not call…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. please extend the free upgrade window 10 for accessibility users

please extend the free upgrade window 10 for accessibility users

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attach the question you are answering along with your answer

Today I received a responce to the problem that I had. The NEW problem is, because I have short term memory loss, I do not know what the original problem was. It was NOT attached to the response. PLEASE include the question you are answering with the answer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OneNote audio playback + Narrator

when playing back recorded audio in OneNote, normally there is a playback button that pops up as you hover your mouse over an object that was added to the page while audio was being recorded or played back - clicking the button skips audio playback to the moment in the audio image that was annotated with the page object.

this sort of playback is impossible to access with Narrator. i would love to see a way to have the playback button pop up with my Narrator focus, and to activate the button with a keyboard to jump to that point…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. chat on accessibility support chat is no help all thay do is run me around when ask a question ever time not renewing my office 365

chat on accessibility support chat is no help all thay do is run me around when ask a question ever time not renewing my office 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have had Office 365 for years. Recently I began receiving a pop-up that said you needed my help with a problem. Tell me???

If Microsoft doesn't have a program that will let them know whether or not I have Office 365 on my COMPUTER, maybe someone can write that program. If a program is already written and in use, does it recognize that I have Office 365 on my computer?

Why do I continually get a pop-up that informs me there is a problem with my account, yet when I go to my account, I am NOT INFORMED of a problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Teams Notification Time

It is great to finally have notification in Teams that a meeting has started... Could we please have some more time to react or have a setting to set that time. By the time my executive function has processed and I need to make a choice the notification pops away and I am left with no easy means to join.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Immersive Reader in Office Lens for Android available in Spanish

Office Lens is available in several languages but in the Android version is not possible to change the Immersive Reader voice to Spanish

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Excel

There is a series problem navigating with keyboard in Microsoft excel 365 and apparently in older versions.
    The F6 key dos not go to the sheets area in the workbook
    As a result a keyboard user without a screen reader cannot perform actions on a sheet using the right click Key
    Using Alt + H O R is very difficult to use with keyboard only – and spatially for People with motor-handicapped hands
    Even if you can add buttons to a Quick Access Toolbar, navigating it might create a load if there are too much buttons on these toolbar
    So…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Well i have recently been banned from messaging and speaking for a week and it was for no reason

please Unban my account from speaking and messaging because i didnt do anything wrong

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base