Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text to Speech Hot Key - Read Highlighted Text Only

Hi there,

I'd like to follow up about my inquiry to include a feature on Narrator to read highlighted text only by pressing a hot key. This feature does not currently exist, but instead, Narrator reads off all sorts of content which is distracting. I simply need to be able to highlight text, press a hot key, and have that text read without the distracting announcements that Narrator produces each time you switch windows, select content, etc. I work on secure computers that don't allow plug-ins or the adding of additional software to enable this capability, and would greatly appreciate…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the option to use pictures for answer choices in Forms

When considering a Universal Design to Learning approach, the ability to use visuals (pictures) for an answer choice in a form would assist our visual learners and allow for alternate access and assessment. For some students, reading is incredibly difficult without an accompanying visual.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include sound icons when there are vital system messages

Is it possible to include a 'sound icon' when there is an important system message? I am visually impaired and the other day a M/S security download failed. I did not see the icon except a family member who was with me did 😀. I am a participant in the Microsoft Community platform and one of your colleagues suggested I provide this feedback.

I am concerned that I could miss a vital message requiring action be me. Is it possible that this suggestion could be considered for a future release? Many thanks.

I use Narrator a lot - great help…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. footer color contrast

At the moment I'm not sure it's possible to insert a footer in Word that is of sufficient colour contrast. Even when the footer colour is set to pure black there seems to be a filter over it that makes it grey with a contrast ratio of 3.9:1. Obviously, this is not sufficient to meet WCAG requirements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hotmail Account Recovery Process is Unreasonable

My hotmail account, all the sudden, was blocked by Microsoft on May 22.

I was told that there were unusual activities being detected in my account and I was asked to complete an account recovery process which includes a verification procedures. During the verification procedures, I was able to answer my first security question and provided email addresses and subject line of emails that I sent before my account was blocked. However, the system came back and said they still could not verify my identity. Hence, I was not able to access my hotmail account.

It is so frustrating that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams Display

I work in a health care clinic and we are offering a lot of appointments virtually now. We recent patient who hearing impaired and required a sign language interpreter and Microsoft Teams ended up being a huge barrier for the appointment, simply because we weren't able to see all call participants at the same time (the way you would in Zoom, for example). The patient could not consistently see the interpreter. I am wondering if there is a solution being developed for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can I pin more than one person ( two ASL interpreters) during the meeting?

Can I pin more than one person (two ASL interpreters) during the meeting? Is Microsoft Team allow us to pin one person like zoom?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve Teams meeting access when using Jaws screenreader

We use Outlook hosted on premises rather than a calendar within Teams and it doesn't seem possible to go from the meeting invite to joining a Teams meeting when navigating using the Jaws screen reader. Can the this be improved for the setup we have?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS is apparently clueless regarding disability help. No matter how I try to address my issue, I eventually wind up back here.

I had to choose a non-related subject after more than an hour searching for help so I request you read the entirety of my note before chastising me-again-- for not being able to find the correct place to ask for help. I am 62 years old, disabled, and know very little about computer tech. Nor should I. I won't give you any more of my time than I have to. Your windows 10 update bricked my laptop and being disabled means there's no funds to repair or replace it. In the past I have spent dozens of hours trying to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Accessibility webinars need a way to add to calendar

For webinars on aka.ms/JoinAccessibilityWebinar, it would be helpful to have a way to add events to a calendar, downloading an ICS file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft assisted tool for Schizophrenia mainly

Microsoft accesbility with Shizophrenia, unspecified anxiety, and tardive dyskinesia. I also have some cholestoral and working on fixing that. Any software and programs and that can help people with mental illnesses live a better life.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Issues when using Teams Meeting

The issues:
    1. JAWS doesn't read the live captioning text that appears. This would be useful for a deafblind person, who uses JAWS with the refreshable Braille display.
    2. There is no way to copy and save the captioning for read out later. I also tried with NVDA screen reader, and it also doesn’t read out the live caption text.

1. The live captioning feature does not identify who is currently speaking. Similarly, when people are speaking, JAWS doesn't identify the speaker. You also cannot tab into the speaker’s window (For the visual user, when people speak, Teams highlights a window…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Windows - highlighting text on screen

Windows - highlighting text on screen. Does Windows currently offer an accessibility tool to enable highlighting text on screen while reading? This is particularly helpful for some people with ADHD, Dyslexia or other learning challenges. --- If so, are there varying highlighter-colours available?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. June 6 My bank debited my account for Microsoft accessibility. As of today I do not have use of the system. I have chatted 5 or 6 times. Now

Solve problems when clients pay. I have chatted , called, emailed, sent documents and I still don’t have access. Should I call bank about charge you received June 6?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Just Appreciation the Diction on the Microsoft Word Software

Although, I am posting here in the accessibility venue. I just want to say thank you from a general business, and writer, writings perspective. THANKS for having something here, I wasn't aware of due to business to view my task bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Zoomtext and Teams

Hi. I am a user of Zoomtext (latest version). I have always an issue when I write a message with Microsoft Teams. My Zoomtext stop to work. When I try to user the webapp of MIcrosoft Teams (for example with Chrome), there is less issue (but still issue).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My General/Overall opinion of the Accessabilty Desk is that it is worthy of its weight in Gold or other precious metal. The Techs are :)

Spell Check needs another serious look. Fairly simple Words are overlooked as OK especially in Outlook.

The evidence shows when I submit an error to myself and then submit out to others, Spell Check may then catch some errors. So, the first scan fails and the second scan of the same document catches ONLY some additional errors but, NOT ALL.

1. Spell Check does Not check errors in the Signature text.

2. Signatures apparently are NOT Sync'd across machines on a network? Or, How to?

3. Contacts are NOT Sync'd to Cell Phone (Android) Device? Or, How to?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hong Kong hotline representative was rude

I called Hong Kong Office accessibility support hotline 30173370, the representative was rude that he cut the line after hearing I said I need to talk to a Microsoft agent to resolve an issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base