Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disability is normal part of human diversity

First, kudos to you on making technologies accessible to all. Learning Tools are awsome. Please keep working on making all tecnologies fully accessible to people with different types of disabilities. You are doing a great job, but you can always do better 😊.

Here are some suggestions related to your post Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia: Helping students with dyslexia with technology. In this post  there is a confusing reference to the definition of dyslexia. "These students whose language based learning difference causes a deficiency with phonological processing when learning to read, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Well i have recently been banned from messaging and speaking for a week and it was for no reason

please Unban my account from speaking and messaging because i didnt do anything wrong

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make Immersive Reader in Office Lens for Android available in Spanish

Office Lens is available in several languages but in the Android version is not possible to change the Immersive Reader voice to Spanish

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • disability % option on your personal LinkedIn profile.

easy way to find disability people for companies that need to hire disability people if we create a new opton in our particular LinkedIn profile where your can place if you have desability and in wich %.

Thanks

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Microsoft Excel

There is a series problem navigating with keyboard in Microsoft excel 365 and apparently in older versions.
            The F6 key dos not go to the sheets area in the workbook
            As a result a keyboard user without a screen reader cannot perform actions on a sheet using the right click Key
            Using Alt + H O R is very difficult to use with keyboard only – and spatially for People with motor-handicapped hands
            Even if you can add buttons to a Quick Access Toolbar, navigating it might create a load if there are too much buttons on these toolbar
            So…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• not require users (disabled or otherwise) to have a cellphone number to set up a Microsoft account (as this could breach the Equality Act)

Through disability I do not use a cellphone (others do not due to lack of coverage) but found I couldn't set up a Microsoft Account without one and therefore couldn't activate my new copy of Microsoft Office.

It took and hour-long call to Microsoft's (very helpful) Accessibility Helpline just to to get my Microsoft Office activated.

Others might be tempted to use a friend's cellphone; thus leaving somebody else's number on file (a potential security risk).

Surely a company such as Microsoft cannot have missed the implications of requiring a cellphone (texts) in respect of those with disabilities and /or…

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • please extend the free upgrade window 10 for accessibility users

please extend the free upgrade window 10 for accessibility users

8 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make Gaze Speak available as download in South Africa

Per information on this website- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/gazespeak-1.pdf

You have developed an app eye gaze.

We have however tried all avenues to download this to assist with my father in law that due to his condition cannot speak. We live in South Africa so not sure why not available here?

If you could send us a link where we can download this on an I-Pad

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • I suggest you use Sports and technology to bring joy to the 57 million disabled in his country.

I'm chairman of United States adaptive golf alliance Bring in the joy and sense of freedom go Over 15,000 disabled individuals annually of which 26% our wounded veterans.
                    Combine the power of Microsoft with our initiative to take the 1st USA Para-Golf TEAM to the Paralympics in 2024, Will not only prove the power of golf, but the power of technology to excite the 57 million disable in our country. Join us along with Coca-Cola, US special Olympics, etc..

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please include BeeLine Reader

Please integrate BeeLine reader for those with Dyslexia using Microsoft Outlook. Thank you!

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please allow comments to be deletable in Microsoft Office 2016 with the keyboard.

According to the following article:
                        https://support.office.com/en-us/article/insert-or-delete-a-comment-8d3f868a-867e-4df2-8c68-bf96671641e2
                        There is no way to delete comments in word with a keyboard.
                        This is very difficult to work with as I can't give clients completed, but annotated documents from my coworkers.
                        Please fix this ASAP!

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• office 2013/16 constantly deactivates with windows 10.

office 2013/16 deactivates about once a month. It is very difficult to uninstall then reinstall the key for office and doing this isn't exactly very accessible. Please fix this!

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Incorporate beeline reader

Makes reading easier and more enjoyable. Takes my eyes for a 'walk'.

5 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• ENSURE that all commands have an ALT key command and that they are documented

I have spent a year and a half trying to get a complete list of Alt key commands for Office with no success. You only have a tiny fraction of the commands. The great majority of what you have are shortcut keys like Ctrl+Shift+S.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• fix the Win10 accessability release so that Security Essentials works...mine hasn't been able to update since I installed Win10!

The accessibility WIN10 I installed hasn't been able to update Security Essentials since day #1. Nothing I have done, including reinstallation and installation of the "Fall Creator's Update" (whatever that is...) 1709 hasn't helped. I've had to buy Malwarebytes to keep things alive. And since your little subject box above doesn't offer "Security", I've had to select something irrelevant.

And simply trying to do normal maint. updates results in some sort of "organizational" message -- I'm a standalone installation!

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Soundscape and use with blue tooth hearing aids.

1. In Uk 25% of visually impaired also have hearing defects. Many contemporary digital hearing aids have the capacity toluse blue tooth which means users who are hearing as well as sight impaired can use their aids at the same time as Sounscape

Its a great Ap. Considerably extends my ability to get round and identify where I am as well as helps resolve situations in which you are not sure where you are. Some UK National Health Hearing Aid Services will supply a digital blue tooth enabled hearing aid to those who can demonstrate a need for it.

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• make BeeLine Reader available as a accessibility option in Word. It would really help my struggling readers!

Please make BeeLine Reader available as a accessibility option in Word. It would really help my struggling readers!

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make the braille onscreen keyboard of iOS accessible with outlook and Word

If I write a new E-Mail in the outlook APP for iOS, I often use the on screen braille Keyboard from Voice Over in the rotor. This work fine, but in the body edit field, it isn't possible to flick right to enter a new line.
                                        If i Write with this keyboard in Word, every seccond letter isn't spoken from Voice Over, if I write "hello", Voice Over will only say "h l o".
                                        Could you please fix these problems? In other fields, like in the notes App, there aren't souch problems.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• "Microsoft is committed to accessability" So why don't you have a plain and simple site: "Contact Microsoft" where we can "CONTACT" yu

I have to make hundreds of labels in Windows and in Excel, and it would be ideal to have a dotted outline of the individual labels on each applicable label sheet so we can see EXACTLY where the printing will be situated .....
                                          I spend ages trying to position the print so that it will fit exactly on ALL the labels and not be out of alignment.
                                          Thanks.
                                          Patrick.

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base