Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default settings for Microsoft Word

Currently, default settings for Word 2016 for table properties are selected to allow rows to break across pages, and don't allow header rows to repeat. My suggestion, since we are all trying to comply with federal law (Section 508) and also be more inclusive of people with disabilities, is to set the default for the following: Deselect "allow rows to break across pages" and select "repeat header rows at the top of each page." It this default is set, then it takes fewer steps to make documents accessible for screen-readers. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. not require users (disabled or otherwise) to have a cellphone number to set up a Microsoft account (as this could breach the Equality Act)

Through disability I do not use a cellphone (others do not due to lack of coverage) but found I couldn't set up a Microsoft Account without one and therefore couldn't activate my new copy of Microsoft Office.

It took and hour-long call to Microsoft's (very helpful) Accessibility Helpline just to to get my Microsoft Office activated.

Others might be tempted to use a friend's cellphone; thus leaving somebody else's number on file (a potential security risk).

Surely a company such as Microsoft cannot have missed the implications of requiring a cellphone (texts) in respect of those with disabilities and /or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I suggest you use Sports and technology to bring joy to the 57 million disabled in his country.

I'm chairman of United States adaptive golf alliance Bring in the joy and sense of freedom go Over 15,000 disabled individuals annually of which 26% our wounded veterans.
    Combine the power of Microsoft with our initiative to take the 1st USA Para-Golf TEAM to the Paralympics in 2024, Will not only prove the power of golf, but the power of technology to excite the 57 million disable in our country. Join us along with Coca-Cola, US special Olympics, etc..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please include BeeLine Reader

Please integrate BeeLine reader for those with Dyslexia using Microsoft Outlook. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. office 2013/16 constantly deactivates with windows 10.

office 2013/16 deactivates about once a month. It is very difficult to uninstall then reinstall the key for office and doing this isn't exactly very accessible. Please fix this!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Incorporate beeline reader

Makes reading easier and more enjoyable. Takes my eyes for a 'walk'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ENSURE that all commands have an ALT key command and that they are documented

I have spent a year and a half trying to get a complete list of Alt key commands for Office with no success. You only have a tiny fraction of the commands. The great majority of what you have are shortcut keys like Ctrl+Shift+S.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. make BeeLine Reader available as a accessibility option in Word. It would really help my struggling readers!

Please make BeeLine Reader available as a accessibility option in Word. It would really help my struggling readers!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the braille onscreen keyboard of iOS accessible with outlook and Word

If I write a new E-Mail in the outlook APP for iOS, I often use the on screen braille Keyboard from Voice Over in the rotor. This work fine, but in the body edit field, it isn't possible to flick right to enter a new line.
    If i Write with this keyboard in Word, every seccond letter isn't spoken from Voice Over, if I write "hello", Voice Over will only say "h l o".
    Could you please fix these problems? In other fields, like in the notes App, there aren't souch problems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Microsoft is committed to accessability" So why don't you have a plain and simple site: "Contact Microsoft" where we can "CONTACT" yu

I have to make hundreds of labels in Windows and in Excel, and it would be ideal to have a dotted outline of the individual labels on each applicable label sheet so we can see EXACTLY where the printing will be situated .....
    I spend ages trying to position the print so that it will fit exactly on ALL the labels and not be out of alignment.
    Thanks.
    Patrick.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. offer limited people the same options you offer able bodied people.

To fix the issue microsoft itself created, a difficult trip to the store or mailing in my lifeline/laptop and being without it for an undisclosed length of time are the only options. Microsoft does not adhere to ADA laws, it does not have the ability to do things over the phone that it can supposedly do in the store, therefor it favors and offers more for able bodied people than disabled people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to get real time notifications when updates and changes are made to Office

The developers are always changing things and this makes things very hard for people with disabilities when we do not know about changes that are made; so, Develope an Automatic Notification for only what you have changed so we will not worry that someone or something messed things up for us...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Speak toa live person without wait time - some from U.S.

See above and
    apply to people with mental illness.
    and what is slimline. no explanation no help screen.. No contact no.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. keep older files out on the web because my version cannot be found and I'm not going to buy it again! your website is very UNFRIENDLY since

You should after updates occur; put the old version on the web so that people can find it right away and use it without going through not finding documents; looking for their documents all over their laptop and being told that the new version is not supporting the old one. You are forcing people to use new when some old people don't like it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. blokladığım metinleri türkçe dinlemek mümkünmü

blokladığım metinleri türkçe dinlemek mümkünmü

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make it reasonable to retrieve a forgotten pasasword, instead of going through hopps and hurdles and then declined!!

This is truly frustrating! I have had my email for a very long time,, I have it programed to my phone, and it is very important to me as I have children and this is the way that I receive emails from their schools. I don’t understand why I can not access my email from any other computer and have tried the forgotten password option. When clearly I was prompted before to change the password that I have used for a long time, I didn’t want to change my password ,but was prompted that I had to change it! Now…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. $$$

سلام
    یک سوپر ایده بسیار بسیار عالی دارم که با امکانات مالی سخت افزاری و نرم افزاری مایکروسافت قابل تبدیل شدن به. محصول و خدمت و سرمایه سرشار خواهد بود
    لطفا به فارسی ایمیل ارسال کنید.
    متشکرم
    Nf.shiraz@gmail.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base