Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows Speech Recognition (SAPI) does not shut down properly on Windows 10. I suggest you fix this bug :)

How to replicate said issue:

I have placed a shortcut for starting Windows Speech Recognition on my Desktop.

Shortcut copied from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessibility\Windows Speech Recognition

- Click the shortcut to start Windows Speech Recognition
    - Open Start
    - Close Start
    - Close Windows Speech Recognition
    - Click the shortcut to Windows Speech Recognition

Windows Speech Recognition won’t open. Looking at Task Manager you’ll see Speech Recognition still running.

If you open Start, you’ll see Speech Recognition disappearing from Task Manager and you are able to open Windows Speech Recognition again.

This odd bug is somehow tied to the Start menu.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • making chat feature in Microsoft Disability Desk better with audio notifications of new messages

I'm thinking about having some kind of audio feedback that a message has been received while on the live chat of Microsoft Disability Answer desk. This would hopefully better assist blind/visually impaired users of new messages. As of now, they have to use any screen reader they use to arrow through the messages … almost constantly. With the audio notification, they can make sure a message has come in before useless scrolling through them all. Of course, they can just read the new message upon hearing the audio cue.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Make screen easier to read with black larger letters the blue and gray type are too dfficult to read for low vision

I have used voice recognition for 30 years and with win10 and new update having a difficult time finding where to train it as it sure cannot understand me and wish I knew how to improve it but want to say with out the disability desk I would give up as I am new to being physically and vision limited. Being old and use to the older version from win 3 struggling with how to make it better and where things are. I use to teach how to adjust to make things better. I keep turning off auto updates. It…

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Creating Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10

I would like to share my opinion to install Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10. There are many people in my city who doesn't speak english very well mostly elders. I want Kasaragod Malayalam language to be installed because my Mom and Dad are from my native place they don't know to speak or understand english. I just want to show them that computer can clear all their doubts for manythings and daily uses and them using it. And that's my only desire people to use for their every importance and learning. Your company will become the best.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• All text in a speech recognition item text is too small

All speech recognition items, from the text in the speech status window to the text in the training is too small. And perhaps 30 year olds can read six or 8. a text, but we graybeards who helped launch the modern technology have failing vision that needs 12-point text.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• accessility

Dear Madam/Sir,

I went to the coffee cops event today. They offered me free breakfast and coffee. That was nice of them. I discussed with cops about how can I communicate with cops if they pull me over on the highway. How can cops be safe with Deaf and hard of hearing people and communicate on the pager? So I have a idea that the pager can be used to communicate speech to text with cops. When cops speak to the pager, it will catch all the words what cops says. Cops told me that it is a good idea.…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Find a way to stop Speech Recognition from crashing when I get Windows updates.

I have one hand to type with. When Speech Recognition stops working, I have problems!! Now if Cortana could type it would be great. She has NEVER crashed. Oh well. Lewis PS I just got SR up and running with the help of your employee Jikky A.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• El reconocimiento de voz de windows

Por mi discapacidad (ELA (miembros superiores)) utilizo el Reconocimiento de voz de Windows en mi computador con Windows 10 Me siento realmente emocionado en poder utilizar mi computador con windows diez sin utilizar mis manos. Sería interesante que este mismo dispositivo estuviera incluido en celulares Nokia Lumia. OJALA!

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base