Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How do I cancel my subscription?

Do you do voice-activated security passwords / logins ? I’m trying to to cancel my subscription bit having dyslexia / Dyspraxia means remembering & keying in passwords more difficultt .Fo y

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WCAG 2.2.2 - Skype does not give the option to pause, stop or hide GIF images

Hello,

One of my coworkers finds it extremely difficult to use Skype due to the nature of the GIF images. They play incessantly and he cannot stop them. There is no mechanism to Pause, Stop or Hide the content. He has resorted to using this method to push the GIF out of the viewport:
    [ animated GIF viewport scuttling message ]
    [ animated GIF viewport…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lag in latest update of Skype for desktop, version 8.51

Hello. In the latest version of Skype for desktop, currently 98.51, screen reader users are facing a major productivity issue. When opening a conversation, either from the recent chats list or by just pressing enter on a contact, keyboard navigation becomes completely unresponsive for up to 15 seconds. During this time, You can not do anything in Skype, and if you try to navigate it causes the whole program to freeze and sometimes go into not responding as well. To reproduce the bug, make sure that a screen reader such as Jaws or NVDA is running. Now, press alt plus…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add hotkeys in Skype 8 and newer Add hotkeys in Skype 8 and newer

Since Microsoft will prevent Skype 7 from accessing the Skype network after the 1st of September 2018, they need to enhance Skype 8's functionality to get at least some of Skype 7's functionality to it. One of those missing and crucial for the visually impaired users functions are the global hotkeys for answering and rejecting a call, and similar ones. |They should be restored to Skype 8 as they are in Skype 7. Otherwise, answering or rejecting a call for visually impaired keyboard users is practically a nightmare at the moment. Since Microsoft will prevent Skype 7 from accessing the…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen contents decrease with Cntl-'minus' but cannot be enlarged again. How to reset???

If Cntl-'minus' is enabled, then so should Cntl-'plus' be enabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Control panel on Skype goes out of sight when 'the size of the text, apps, and other items' is increased through Display Settings

When the size of the text, apps, and other items is increased through Display Settings, Skype gets inconsistently scaled - for instance, at 175% level or more on 24inch monitor (or 150% level or more on 15 inch laptop), control panel at the bottom of the Skype meeting window (with buttons to make calls, share screen, etc) disappears from the view. This forces the users to work in lower zoom levels (125% or less) which may be not be ideal for some users with low vision. The same phenomenon (disappearance of control panel on Skype while in a meeting) observed…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search Function in GroupMe

It is very frustrating not being able to search GroupMe for specific keywords. Many university group projects communicate via GroupMe and it is useful to be able to reference back to past messages but without a search function this is near impossible. I am considering switching group projects to WhatsApp because they have this function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. portrait video

Ability to change video orientation from landscape to portrait mode

As of the latest version of Skype 8.42 there's no option to do this at all. You could only make this happen outside Skype using the webcam's software (in this case Logitech). I believe this was possible on the legacy version of Skype 7.41. Kindly add this option in future updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save call captions to transcript file

When I use the automated captions or CART to provide real-time captions during a call, I want to have the complete transcript available to edit and use afterwards.
    This would be brilliant for writing minutes/notes or creating transcripts for videos or blogs posts etc.
    For these purposes, it would be ideal if it could label the speaker too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skype Compact View

Please add the option from earlier versions of Skype to have a compact view and the ability to have separate or tabbed chat windows. The current UI makes it difficult to position the Windows Onscreen Keyboard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the ability to use alt f4 to close Skype. At the present time, completely closing Skype is very difficult for blind keybard users.

At th present time, there is no easy way hor a visually ipaired keyboarduser to completely close Skype. The only way it’s possible is t go ino the task nager and force clse it tat way. I have raised this issue several times, but o oneha one anything about it, so I am asking again, Please Fix This. Every other application can be exited with alt f4, so there’s no reason Skype should be any differnt. I’ve resortd t usin te Skpeapp on my iphon bcase of thisstupid issue with the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype Feedback

Hi! I work with several groups on Skype. A big reason I've been reluctant to switch to the new Skype is that I've had a hard time figuring out how to do simple things like adding and removing people in a conversation. Is there an easy way to do these things that I'm not aware of, besides attempting to write it into the chat?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. extending support for skype and windows 7;

hello;

I have posted these feedback on this forum before; but; can my feedback please be taken seriously for Skype 7.40; and extending support for windows 7 for visually impaired people;

1. please can support be extended for Skype 7.40; because the newer version of Skype doesn't work for visually impaired users who use assistive technology;

2. windows 7:

can support be extended beyond January 14th; 2020; for visually impaired users please; for windows 7; because windows 10; keeps causing problems for windows users who are using assistive technology software;

I would urge for my feedback to be taken seriously;

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Skype Accessibility on the desktop versions of Skype for Mac and Windows

Skype version 8 is horrible for screen reader users. The new web interface is very sluggish and extremely difficult to navigate and use with VoiceOver on the mac or a Windows screen reader. Please either revert back to Skype 7 which had a much better UI or significantly improve the accessibility of these new versions.
    I will continue using Skype 7 on macOS and Windows until they either stop working or the accessibility of the new versions returns to the state it was in Skype 7.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide CSP ability to add Communication Credit for O365 Customer

Currently, CSP's do not have the technical ability to add Communications Credits to a customer's O365 E5 subscription to allow capability of assigning a 1-800 toll-free number. As a CSP and reseller, asking the customer to purchase an O365 E5 subscription outside of the CSP can cause confusion when providing support (for both the CSP & Customer), can cause concern from a reseller's perspective, and only complicates IT support. Request the product group enable the capability for a CSP to procure/provision Communication Credits on behalf of customers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support RTT (Real-Time Text, the replacement for TTY) in Skype

I'd like to be able to use Skype (home or enterprise versions) as full-feature communications systems. To do that I'd need RTT support. The main differentiator is (possibly optional) real-time chat where each character is sent separately, simultaneously with voice and/or video. But this would also mean support for TTY (with Skype In or Out).

Background info:

http://www.realtimetext.org/rtt_in_detail
    https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/60001388386.pdf
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=18521
    https://tap.gallaudet.edu/IPTransition/Real-Time%20Text%20and%20TTY%20interworking%20in%20various%20technical%20environments.pdf

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. font size

Why you made the Skype chat area as useless as google hangouts.
    We need to adjust the font size. Not everybody has perfect eyesight.
    You default font size is to small and makes using Skype chat impossible for many people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjustable font size in Skype

Please let us freely adjust font size in conversation area of skype, and don't limit us at 24 pts, font sizes of 60+ points are very welcome

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make an affordable Surface Phone

I think Microsoft has a huge chance of making new found success in the mobile industry. Hear me out, all the successful companies that offer full a full line of products has some sort of connected ecosystem that merges all services as seamlessly as possible i.e Apple* and I believe in the computing industry Microsoft still remains dominant but to get more people using the services I think they should push a new product ...a surface phone. A key to tying that into their product portfolio should be Skype. Just like Apple remains dominant with iMessage. The Surface phone should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base