Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix bug in LinkedIn that strips out alternative text for images when I post a link in my feed

When I post a link to my blog post on my LinkedIn feed, LinkedIn strips out the alternative text for the featured image.

And replaces it with image alternative text of "No alt text provided for this image."

The featured image has appropriate link text. I don't understand why LinkedIn would remove it.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I think it's great I love exploring more accessibilities in technology as we break into a new innovating an advanced technology

I think it's great I love exploring more accessibilities in technology as we break into a new innovating an advanced technology and is the Microsoft customer and account number I would truly like to thank Windows Microsoft for getting me the opportunity over the last 20 years to advance though I do have a disability card literacy but I have gotten so much better Through The Years with continue continue Windows Microsoft and all that you are doing for so many people in the world and all you are doing for our universe creating and innovating new technology each and…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve navigability of the LinkedIn home page feed items

When viewing feed items on the LinkedIn home page with NVDA and Firefox, it is hard to navigate from post to post. The start of each post has neither a landmark, nor a heading. The only headings after the main one are those of shared articles, and possibly comments. But the actual post content, usually above the shared article, is skipped over. And there is no easy way to find it. Other posts that don't have a shared item are skipped alltogether by conventional navigation means. Please improve this so that the front page becomes more navigable.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linked In Colours

It appears that the colours displayed on my LI home page and links have been changed. How do I changed them back to home they used to look?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hashtag

Within LinkedIn the 'add hashtag' is a fantastic tool however when this tool suggests hashtags with multiple words - it suggests are all lower case which is an accessibility concern. For the LinkedIn users who are visually impaired or use Screen Readers or those who are dyslexic - it is not easy to understand the hashtags with multiple words as the hashtag is in all lower cases.

When considering #CamelCase friendly hashtags - aka capitalizing multiple word hashtags LinkedIn posts/articles would be an even more accessible and inclusive experience where even more users understand the hashtag. Instead of the hashtag…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it possible to turn URLs in comments on LinkedIn into meaningful links

I posted on LinkedIn about accessibility, and when friend shared my post, I commented to provide a link to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/paths/accessibility-fundamentals/?source=learn. Given that the best practices in module 3 mention properly titling links, rather than leaving the URLs, it was particularly ironic there was no way to do that in my comment, or even to be sure it would show as a link once I posted it. Though it does show as the link after posting, I still can't add a proper link title if I edit the comment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix bug with youtube link (wrong aspect ratio)

Fix bug with youtube link (wrong aspect ratio), youtube links are displayed in 4:3 aspect ration instead 16:9 and it creates huge black frame around video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to take notes in LinkedInLearning sites while reading subtitles

In Linked in Learning,I can't take notes while reading subtitles.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the color contrast ratio of some texts present in the Profile Pdf

In user profile pdf, Color contrast ratio of the user location such as last company address, current company address with #B7B4C0 foreground and #FFFFFF background color is equal to the 2.0:1 which is less then the standard ratio 4.5:1 for regular text.
    Low vision and Colorblind users face difficulty to access the location.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'm using Skype and the time section of the messaging window has somehow shrunk so that the time wraps around. How can I fix this?

I just need help with how to resize the time back to normal size. This makes each message take up three lines and makes the conversation tough to read without scrolling.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guidelines for accessibility

What's Linkedin best practices for posting from an accessibility standpoint? E.g.: imagery with text. Does Linkedin have a clear guideline for content creators?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Discounts for LinkedIn Membership with Individuals Unable to Work Due to Disabilities

I like to use LinkedIn to stay connected to people, but I am now on Permanent Long Term Disability due to my condition of Refractory Epilepsy with partial Retrograde and a form of Anterograde Amnesia. This prevents me from working and I began collecting social security when I was in my 30s. The price to pay for LinkedIn Premium membership is now too high due to my limited budget, especially because I cannot work and have high medication costs. Would you ever consider creating a premium membership for individuals in my condition where there would be greater access, but at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disability status in profile

Could you please add option to show the disability status in profile.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base