Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug when we are using Narrator through Chrome

We are facing a problem when we use Narrator to read content via Chrome.

In Chrome, any HTML select control can be switched pressing keyboard up/down, also can be switched pressing Enter then use up/down.
    Once we start Narrator and make a HTML select control in focus, it does not work through keyboard up/down, we have to press "Enter" to display panel which contains all options, but it also does not work if we press up/down in option panel, it will close current panel and move to next section.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you should allow filter keys to be applied to the on screen keyboard.

you should allow filter keys to be applied to the on screen keyboard. to help people that suffer from dystonia use it with greater ease as they are often unable to use a standard keyboard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Excel and magnifier suggestion

The first idea is that when using magnifier it would be useful to have the reading commands available in the right-click menu options.

For Excel when using magnifier it would be useful to have the row and column data show up at the top vertical and the left horizontal edges of the magnification portal for the cell you are editing. I think this would help people keep track of the cell that there in, which is a common problem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Product tiles on the Microsoft website seem to fail WCAG 2.1

On the Microsoft products website (Ex.: URL - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/surfacelist?icid=MSCOMQLSurface&headerid=department-surface), the product tiles themselves appear to fail WCAG 2.1 because the light gray rectangle that the images of the products are on has insufficient color contrast with the background.

Accessibility Insights for Windows states (in the Contrast section, UI components) that "Any visual boundary that indicates the component's clickable area" must have a contrast ratio of at least 3:1 against the adjacent background.

That light grey rectangle only has a contrast of 1.14:1 against the white background.

I understand this isn't a part of the Accessibility Webinar, but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please cover planner, file collaboration, wiki and notes in the upcoming webinar planned on teams

Please cover how to use planner, file collaboration, wiki and notes using screen readers in the upcoming webinar planned on teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set up for British Sign Language video calling

Hi

I have been spoken one of your team and I found it out tnat your service didn't provide british sign language for video calling. Im really gutted and I had difficult issue with mircrosft and my English is my not first language.

I hope you will set up for british sign language as soon as possible?

thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SAVED Caption during Team once it is done recorded - can reread/rewatch later with caption on

i am unable to find Microsoft team - Team meeting during the live needs to be saved with caption once it is done recorded.

Also I learned that while Teams has live captioning available for regular customers, it is not available for organizations like us who use the government cloud. That is something that needs to be improved

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. i am planning to provide the education to the to the disabled peoples

so i need some help from microsoft like personalised email address for the people to use that features

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fading Webinars

It looks like the webinars are winding down. Will you be continuing them?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Archive outlook webinar

It appears that you have an outlook webinar that ran in mid October. Can you please put it into the archive so those of us that Missed it can watch it? Thank you for doing these webinars. They are very helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can you give me an email address please I am Meredih Allan, President of ISAAC, (president@isaac-online.org) We ant someone to do a webi

can you give me an email address please I am Meredih Allan, President of ISAAC, (president@isaac-online.org) We want someone to do a webinar for us- mainly on Skype accessibility catered especially for our demographic.... see www.issac-online.org thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. About Narrator options in narrator settings.

Please take webinar sessions on some of advanced narrator settings options like context verbose levels, context verbose reading order, verbose levels and adjust hints on how to interact with buttons and other controls with examples.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. traumatic brain injury disability

For many, many years I've worked through technical game analysis to find out I possess the disability of severe traumatic brain injury. As much as I've learned, I still have it, yet I feel I can assist Microsoft into understanding the needs of tbi users to assist you into gaining a much better understanding of how to assist them to use Windows. Will.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. there are many users using your products around the world so I think the webinars timings should bee changed from time to time

like 1 webinar is conducted at 1200PM the next munths webinar should conducted at 9 AM ETC

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Viewing webinar post the time.

Will we be able to view the webinar if we can no longer make that time. I am signed up but cannot make that time now. Please advise? Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a shortcut to turn off the computer in windows 10. in Windows XP, it was Windows+uu

add a shortcut to turn off the computer in windows 10. in windows XP, it was Windows+uu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What webinar platform?

On the accessibility webinar page at https://sway.office.com/ofnj0y3PT7dnqb0Z?ref=Link, perhaps it would be good to let potential participants know, in advance, what webinar access platform you use. So simple, yet not done.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Magnifier hot key not working

The inverted color toggle on magnifier does not work with the hot key press of Alt+Ctr+ in the UK. I have raised this with the Disability Helpdesk and they are escalating the issue.i

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base