Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Microsoft Teams in the list of Categories

On this Feedback Site include a Category for Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We had a teams meeting with an accesibility-expert (who is blind). He wanted to share his computer audio while sharing a screen.

We had a teams meeting with an accesibility-expert (who is blind). He wanted to share his computer audio while sharing a screen. He could not find the checkbox for 'sharing computer sound on'. Make sure it is accesible for screen-readers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams hotkey for next Unread Chat or Channel

Problem statement: As a user with hundreds if not more unread messages who uses a screen reader I want a quick way to read fast with hotkeys so that I can find what's relevant and respond quickly.

In Slack alt+shift+up/down will take the user to the next channel or DM with unread messages. This is helpful when in an organization where 40+ channels and DMs may be going on per day with hundreds or more actual messages and replies.

In addition if in Teams pressing CTRL+E (search) could suggest recent or relevant chats / channels with unreads in the drop…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams window title

In the Teams title bar. Please change the order of the items so that "Teams" always comes first.

Consider a screen reader user that is trying to find Teams either by Alt+Tab or in JAWS Ins+F10. If they were in a Chat then the name of the person appears first, they may not know exactly who that was or what to listen for.

Acceptance:
    1. Alt+tab through apps should be easier to find Teams by listening for Teams ... instead of ... Teams
    2. WIth JAWS Ins+F10 a users should be able to then just start typing Teams to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams unread messages

When going to ctrl+2 aka the chat app. It says I have X number of unread messages. Focus goes to Recent Chats with people of which I have 40+ chats. Nowhere can I seem to find which are the unread chats.

Feature Ideas
    * Like in Outlook have a list that can be filtered by unread. There's like two levels I can think of: People with Unreads, Enter into that person and see all unread messages. ANd 2nd a list of all unread messages so that if 1 person had 2+ unreads I could arrow and read them all, pressing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams on a Windows PC with no work account, only personal, doesn’t work with text zoomed in

I wanted to attend a Webinar put on by a disability charity on Microsoft Teams. As someone with a neurological condition I like to use my desktop PC which is hooked up to my big TV, which has the text setting on the largest setting so I can see it from the sofa whilst lying down without making my headaches worse. I go to use the Teams App, but it won’t let me as I only have a hotmail email address account, not a work one as I am unable to work due to disability. So I go to view…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cutomer refund policy

Dear sir., I am not intend to purchase the subscription please refund my amount threw customer refund policy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am non-verbal and need text-to-speech in Teams

I have had a bit of an issue adjusting to Teams as I am non-verbal and there is no feature I can find for doing text-to-speech and doing things through speakers doesn't sound through well, so I am kind of stuck apart from just sending writing which people don't really read and it can be a very disheartening and I just want to work out a way to get a bit more involved and a text-to-speech feature would really help with that. It would make me feel a lot more included and make Teams much more accessible for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base