Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Surface Notebook Flaw Design

Put padding on closing surface notebook may help to prevent screen from cracking when closing it.!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having both Mic & CloseCaps to work together with gaming mode.

Having a Mic to work alongside with the Close-Captions in a real-time effect in a squad-based gaming-modes. This would open up an whole new frontier for those who are deaf and HH like me, who rely on visuals as we tend to use an different perceptive in gaining, In what as some would say is a loss...becomes a gain. thank you for reading this...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1.{Plastic-glasses}For those who need Close-Captions wear them in a movie theater..the captions will show on the bottom, while watching ...

1a).Imbedded within the filming on the bottom is the Close Caption...but it is liken to the testing of a person with being "color-blind". 1b).You will need to wear the plastic glasses to see the imbedded CC all the while watching the Close Captions in an hearing world. Called "SeaCaps" on the glasses. take them off you would see the movie without the close-captions.
    2). This would be a MAJOR breakthrough in a ever so changing world of technology. Also, think of the many foreign languages we have in this world...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 DEFECT / DRAWBACK / ERROR/PROBLEM OF WORD ,EXCEL ,POWWERPOINT

1 DRAWBACK / ERROR / DEFECT / PROBLEM IS THERE IN WORD , EXCEL , POWERPOINT ....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. laptop issues with live streamming

you need to make these laptops and PCS be able to live stream games from the PC so players can not have these random issues that keep coming up on them such as FPS loss and lagging issues,& NOT suddenly be interrupted by a windows 10 update that will or has or is causing a lot of problems with games,apps,and pcs etc when players are trying/are already or just learning how to live stream

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi it is fantastic that Microsoft are now taking access for all so seriously. These developments are life changing for many.

Many of your ideas related to one type of disabilty. However many people experience multiple disabilities and the products mentioned don’t seem to take this into consideration. Even this like for those experiencing heating impairments. You are using written captioning. Many people who are profoundly deaf struggle with the written word and would benefit from signing being incorporated into any technology they use. Also those who use their eyes to access technology, this is phenomenal but again many people will struggle with this because of stigmatisation etc or the pupils just not being picked up properly. What is the solution…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My Microsoft word is set up for the visually impaired , i can set the font size cant make taskbarslarger PLEASE TRY 2 fix it

Make icons in task bars in windows word doc & outlook emails Larger , I had to cancel outlook yesterday I am visually impaired everything across the top & down the left side were invisible to me .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eye Control Settings - Autism - Keyboard Customization

First of all,thanks to Microsoft for coming up with Eye Control accessibility feature. I am working on using this with my autistic son who is currently using RPM techniques (Rapid Prompting Technique) to communicate. Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c05Qq5WQew

Here are some suggestions that could help try and adopt for kids with autism.

Please provide keyboard customization including
    1) Keyboard with fewer options: Initial display could have options of A-I, J-R, S-Z or Numbers; Upon selection display the corrsponding limited set of keys.
    Ex: https://growingkidstherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/GKTC_Black_Set-of-3-Stencils.png
    https://growingkidstherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/GKTC_Stencils-All.png
    2) More dwell time options (time input?)
    3) Option to eliminate predictions on the keyboard (This could…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows 10 Magnifier needs to be improved!

The magnifier works terribly.
    The motion is jammed and not smooth.
    It doesn't feel like it had been optimized.
    Using the GPU to improve the zoom motion would be ideal.
    Mac OS and Chrome Os implemented this perfectly.
    Also, adding a select to speak feature would be ideal, since some users don't need narrator on full time.
    Allow users to customize the modifier keys they want to use with the mouse wheel.
    Thanks for listening! These improvement will change the whole windows experience to people like me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Exempt word prediction applications from application sandboxing

I have been using word prediction software for over two decades, have beta tested, and had an article published on it's appropriate use.

It was always taken for granted by myself and friends who also have CP never questioned it’s future. It always worked in ANY active application, something taken for granted.

Now, with the advent of the "sandboxing" of applications, use of word prediction is hit and miss. As I only have very limited use of speech recognition and a very slow keyboard rate, this is deeply concerning.

Microsoft, you know that WordQ 5 and Soothsayer are the big…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add dark screen/ screen shade feature on Narrator

PLEASE add screen shade featur where the screen goes black and sited person can not see the screen it will save the battery life of laptop

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. People with visual disabilities need to be able to better identify each object in the Windows 10 interface

People who see badly have basically two problems: seeing objects on the screen poorly and distinguishing colors badly. Windows 10 only cares about the second aspect by facilitating the enhancement of contrast, but it does not make it easier for users to see interface elements well. All visible objects in Windows 10 are too "flat" and there are almost no visual differences when they are selected or receive focus. The interface elements have no volume and this forces people with visual disabilities to make a great visual effort to distinguish them.

Users who see little should be able to easily…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable my own voice to be added to narrator

It would be nice to not only have a PUNCTUATION DICTIONARY added to narrator, but also be able to ADD YOUR OWN VOICE to it too. Also, it would be nice if narrator didn't just say the capital letter in a DROP cap word, but said the entire word!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. interpreter

help desk cannot provide any interpreter service for other languages' user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sponsored/Donated Adaptive Controllers

I was really moved by the Adaptive Controller campaign. It is so amazing to see a company pushing the boundaries and making their product more inclusive.

I don't know anyone in my personal life who needs this device but I wanted to reach out and ask if you've thought about 'sponsored devices' or creating a program that allows people to purchase a device for a person who needs it. Perhaps continuing the organizational partnerships you've already established to help get the devices to the right people?

I'm not sure this is the right channel to start this discussion but I…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Events #FutureDecoded

Hello

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks for a wonderful event - for the first time in living memory I have felt "included" or "equal" with the introduction of captions to help me with my deafness.

Well done Microsoft and well done Jenny Lay-Flurrie for her presentation this morning in London.

I am now full of hope for my future ... I do realise career wise there are so many barriers to overcome but feel with Microsoft by my side supporting me there is a future - captioning on skype - is awesome - can the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. What the **** is going on!!! veterans who have disabilities are treatred like **** here I can never a live person

This is ****. People who have who have put thier life on line for years. Yes we can go blind and deaf, well I guess that doesnt matter much. youll never a live person at mocrosoft

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Purchase the JAWS and ZoomText divisions of Vispero and integrate them into Microsoft and Microsoft products.

Microsoft should consider purchasing the ZoomText and JAWS divisions of Vispero in order to integrate them into the Microsoft accessibility team. These divisions of Vispero already produce software that is exclusive to Windows, and this is the next logical step in making Windows accessible for everyone. This would add a lot of talented folks to the Narrator, Magnifier, and Disability Answer Desk teams.

There would be no more need for teams from Microsoft and Vispero to communicate back and forth on accessibility issues. Everything would be done in house, similar to how Apple implements accessibility on their devices and systems.…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Speech recognition improvement needed in Windows

Please can Microsoft improve Windows speech recognition and speech recognition generally for those who can’t use a keyboard, touch screen or switch. Speech recognition plays such a low profile within Windows 10. It should be much more prominent and more of a priority.

Infuse some AI and computational cloud computing into each recognition to improve accuracy.

Windows speech recognition takes a long time to set up and accuracy is not very impressive. It is worlds apart from Nuance Dragon professional speech recognition product.

Windows speech recognition is of little practical use to people like me who rely completely on voice…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base