Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop using click here, or here for hyperlinks

I'm probably posting this in the wrong location but this was the closest forum I could find.
    I want to make an appeal to Microsoft's Accessibillity champions to run some internal training for the folk that prepare Microsoft's web page content and promotional emails. Please teach them how to write effective link text rather than using 'click here' .
    Contextual text links have been a Web Content Accessibilty Guidelines (WCAG) requirement for a very long time now. And giving users an instruction to click something is not inclusive; mobile users tap, keyboard users press enter, etc
    I'm trying to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 identifying my SANYO TV/Monitor as an ACER Monitor and Tech Rep avoided connecting to Extreem Excess

Windows 10 had suddenly started identifying my SANYO TV/Monitor as an ACER Monitor. I feel that inappropriate drivers could possibly cause harm to my 26 inch HD Wide Screen equipment not to mention that even though I have it hooked into an nVidia Graphics Card, I can't get any HD or streaming action due to this. The Tech Rep at the disability desk pretty much bent over backwards to avoid hooking up with me to see if he could get the OS to reanalyze the hardware and see if it would correct itself. I've received better service than this from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On-screen keyboard visibility

There should be a way to adjust the visibility features of the on-screen keyboard. For individuals with visual impairments it is very difficult to use. The letters are tiny compared to the key size. There is a lot of real-estate that could be utilized. The colors are also not ideal. The white and light gray on a dark gray background is sleek, but not accessible in the slightest.

I am happy to see Microsoft adding these accessibility features, but there are still a lot of improvements that can be made!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. X Box Live

I have to say in this day and age with all disabilities, whether they are physically, or mentally that you don't do access to all. my son has Tourettes syndrome and Coprolalia. Even though i have informed you of this on your x box live phone number for my sons specific account , he constantly gets banned because of this. I personally don't feel that discriminating against this is your greatest achievement.

I therefore suggest that you have a seperate play and chat facility that you monitor for children and adults with Tourettes.

1. They wont get offended or report…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disability status in profile

Could you please add option to show the disability status in profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. salve real problems disabled people have

I have a disability and I am insulted you're focusing on games. I need a way to type quicker so I can work. I have a degree from Berkeley. Right now I can only type at 15 words a minute if yall could figure out how people like me can type at 30 words per minute it would change my life. Instead you're making games? Salve real problems stop with this nonsense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Password reveal on login screen alt+f8 does nothing

Password reveal on the login screen alt+f8 does not seem to work.
    this may not be a Narrator problem but a problem in windows itself.
    There is a feature both en Edge and on the windows login screen that makes it possible to display what you have typed in the password field.
    this can be activated by a button or icon only accessed with a mouse, but altso pressing alt+f8.
    With both jaws and narrator this works fine in Edge.
    Find a password field.
    Type text in the field and it will be shown as stars.
    Press alt+f8.
    Now the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create "suggestions" for making PowerPoint "accessible." The graphic suggestions do the opposite! YUCK!

Suggestion tool - similar to graphics suggestions. Converts PowerPoint slides to make them LEGAL for University teaching (and others too).

I used the graphic suggestions built into PowerPoint. The good news - they looked GREAT. The bad news - I can't reverse them - AND - it made all of my slides "illegal" and I can't get them approved through the University!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eyes first maze

It would be helpful for some users to have a target to focus on from the onset of the game. So for instance having the option to have the little dots that appear after you go over the spaces visible from the start (they can appear on all the spaces to make it more challenging) Just might help in targeting/focusing the eyes, especially for younger users and those with apraxia!
    Thanks for these games- excited that my 6 year old has some new games to explore!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You should have a camp for boys

You have a girl camp but what about a boy camp or maybe even a camp for boys and girls so that everyone that want to learn to code can and you should also make the camp accessable to everyone so the people don't have to drive hours away

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Narrator suggestions

When installing windows from a flash dive it would be nice to have narrator speak during the windows setup process. This would benefit the blind and visually impaired. Also it would be nice to be able to use narrator while in the bios.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In Settings/Apps/Default apps, tab is the only way to keyboard navigate.

Reference case no. 1475872885.
    I am a power user of JAWS and an intermediate level user of NVDA and Narrator. I am trying to change some of my default programs by file type. I go to Settings/Apps/Default Apps and select "choose default apps by file type."

It appears that the only way I can navigate the resulting list is with the tab key. The arrows, PGUP and PGDN don't work and the file type I really need to change is .zip because it got associated with a music player by mistake.

I confirmed this with the disability answer desk who…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inclusive tech glasses for Deaf

Hi my name is Maryan and im wondering if you have a more streamlined and discreet version of the hololens with live captioning so Deaf people can easily communicate and better understand hearing people wherever they are??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Slowing down the voice on the phone verification service

I was with an elderly neighbour over the weekend helping reset her account. Due to disabilities, she is slow to type and one step in resetting her account needed her to input the number read aloud on the phone verification service. It reads it very fast, twice and then hangs up. It would be good to have a question at the end to ask 'would you like that repeated' or to slow it down a bit as I had to agree it was very quick.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eye control issue on two monitor setup

I think I've detected a bug in Eye Control and would like to report it.

Have done the following test that I think proves it:

I can access the eye control buttons OK, all of them, even write on the eye control keyboard just fine. But when I ask for a click or even precise mouse action, after positioning on a point on the screen, then it happens that the actual point of the event is another one, to the left of the original one.

I measured the event point x coordinate and it is exactly one half of the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve ability to differentiate between small office icons on taskbar

I'm partially color blind, and the new modern icons, when used as "small icons" are very hard to differentiate at a glance as they all use a similar color scheme. Yes, they have different icons and letters, but they blend in. Perhaps there is a way to add alternate taskbar icons with different colors to help differentiate between Teams, Outlook, and Word at a glance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Access to network devices

Please make it possible to access/edit/save files created in your office suites such as Word etc that are stored in network drives that are easily detected by software such as File Manager Network Explorer on iOS devices. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Narrator no longer reads `role=math` since 1809

In Windows 10 version 1803, Narrator could read `<span role=math aria-label="message m">???</span>` as "message m". In Windows 10 version 1809, it seems that Narrator completely ignores this span element.

Please also vote for this feedback in Windows Feedback Hub: https://aka.ms/AA5f2tq

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)