Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Build Braille support directly into Narrator.

Braille support should be built directly into Narrator. This would make it significantly easier for people to get up and running with Braille just by connecting a display to the computer via USB. This would also provide the ability to use Braille during the Windows installation process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. give windows 10 the the display and personalization of windows 7

i am almost blind and windows 10 is not blind friendly windows 7 was fantastic for us blind people could you add bold text feature or made the display and personalization settings like windows 7? since the change from 7 to 10 on january 14th i am having a very hard time using my computer the magnyfier on the computer is not good it takes up to much of the screen plus you only see a small amount and moving it back and forth trying to read makes me dizzy with 7 i could use the computer just fine with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How am I supposed to learn how to use OneNote with all of these undefined icons?

How do I use OneNote if you do not have a tutorial for understanding it? When I create a note, how do I make sure the text is saved?
    What do the stupid icons mean. the squiggly line?
    What do all of the microscopic icons mean?
    Whoops, Now I have red lines. How do I get rid of them?
    I need something like OneNote to help with my memory disability and visual processing disability but it is so difficult to use.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Action this person's feedback

https://twitter.com/shazza59/status/1212112378764021760?s=21

They made the effort to leave it, don’t ask them to jump through hoops, ta

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom tool scalability

As a low vision individual, I've used the magnifier since the days of XP where I had to open the command box and type "magnify". I do like the newer "Windows-+" hotkey, but I wanted to suggest a way I use in other Operating systems. I use the Gnome desktop in Linux almost exclusively because the zoom feature allows me to designate a hotkey and use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. It allows for quicker access and makes it easier to vary the zoom level. Hotkey+wheel up zooms in level by level and hotkey-wheel down scrools back…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. High Contrast

My experience of this and my eye sight, is that consistency is not good enough. You can end up with menus not working or some windows have the standard Colors that you can’t read.

I want to select a back colour and text Colors and size and border colour sizes, and have it consistently applied.
    MS should have a certification scheme were other products can prove they work to this standard, so users can buy with confidence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. skype

Is it a way that I can change the startard size of the window that is always on top in a video conversation and save it. I always need to adjust it with my mouse and its a bit annyoing. I want to drag it to my own size and save it as standard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prioritize Narrator over Cortana in the Windows Out of Box Experience.

After Windows is installed, the Cortana experience guides someone through setting up Windows for the first time. Unfortunately, Narrator is unable to speak while Cortana is speaking. It is necessary to wait for a pause in the Cortana dialogue to use Narrator. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable and should be changed ASAP! Narrator should always take priority over anything else because it is a vital accessibility service.

If Cortana is jabbering away, enabling Narrator or using any command should immediately silence it and let Narrator take over. Cortana is not an accessibility service, so I truly do not understand why…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Seeing AI Talking Camera

Any chance of getting this for Android phones? My daughter has MS and is doing her best to raise 4 boys ranging in age from 9 to 14. This would be wonderful for her to use in order to take the bus, go shopping, or read items from their schools. She relies on her 14 year old twins, but they're not always with her when they're in school. I'd be willing to beta test anything to help. It would be wonderful to help her "see" the world around her.

Also, I agree with the suggestion to have the camera mounted.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows 10 - File Explorer - Line height cropping at larger text size

I am raising this issue for a colleague. Please get in touch if you would like to get screenshots and discuss further.

· I am using Windows 10

• with 31 inch monitor. 

• The current display settings is set to 350% for accessibility reasons.
    • Under ease of access’, ‘make text bigger’ I set text size to ‘225%’.

Issues:

1. In File explorer, when I select the (preferred) view option to either ‘list’ or ‘details’, the text, whilst large enough, is bunched and cropped height wise, making it quite difficult to read and distinguish. Unfortunately, the other view options
    6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to disable adaptive brightness and adaptive contrast

I am sensitive to lighting and currently if I am on any battery setting other than best performance when I change windows the whole screen changes brightness and does it over a couple of seconds - I did not have the setting available to me under power settings and had to contact disability support (regular support was unhelpful) and get instructions to edit the registry which is not really accessible friendly.

I would love to see 2 options under accessibility to just enable/disable adaptive brightness and contrast for all power settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better UI for Windows 10

I would love to see a new UI in Windows 10. The current UI looks really old and simple compared to other computer os's. This video is how i would like to see windows 10 in the future

https://youtu.be/2WZImTI0Rz0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Soundscape + Minecraft Earth = Blind Friendly Minecraft

Just trying out Minecraft Earth and I'm being reminded of the scavenger hunt I had at CSUN 2019. Microsoft, I think if you are able to implement both of these together, you may have a game changer plenty of pun intended.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can we give Microsoft Contacts and Microsoft Calendar their own Domains ?

I can't export Microsoft Contacts and Microsoft Calendar as separate Web Launchers because they are bunched inside Outlook , can we give them their own domains like calendar.live.com and contacts.live.com ?

I'm actually not going to use them at all if they are bunched inside Outlook like this , if they had their own domains , they could have easily rivaled Google Contacts and Google Calendar .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Seeing ai webinar

Microsoft have done webinars on Windows and office products it's time for apps to feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Want drag-and-drop feature for MouseKeys

I use the MouseKeys feature A LOT. but when I press the 5 (fire key) and along with an arrow key, it does not perform any drag and drop functionality.

I pray to MS corporation to add the feature to use drag and drop functionality within Keyboard's MouseKeys feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Larger Taskbar Icons

Allow larger taskbar Icons
    My grandmother is visually impaired, and has trouble seeing the small taskbar icons on her computer. I would like a way to make the taskbar icons larger.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. windows magnifier and Excel

hello
    when the magnifier is running i can not edit any Excel cell. MsExcel just stops working.
    it only happens with whole screen option.
    Thanks in advance
    best Regards

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Edge and Photos on Linux

I understand that making a DEB Package is downright frustrating and discouraging , when big companies are told about Linux , they go straight to making DEB Packages but there are very easy ways to port to Linux .

If you just create a working Tarball made inside a Linux Environment and send it to the major Repository Maintainers , they can do the rest .

The Major Repository Maintainers in the Linux World are openSUSE , Arch , Red Hat Enterprise , Linux Mint , Mageia , Debian , Solus and Ubuntu .

If you want to reach out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base