Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customization of Toolbar colors in High Contrast modes

Currently, users working in high contrast modes cannot customize toolbar colors. Please consider providing the users with greater flexibility by allowing them to change the toolbar colors in high contrast modes. This feature allows users to enhance their UI experience and productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Seeing AI: Tiny change to info.plist to include CFBundleURLSchemes would allow this app to be launched from other apps.

Tiny (dozen config lines) change to info.plist to include CFBundleURLSchemes would allow this app to be launched from other apps. For the visually impaired user, this could allow Seeing AI to be launched by voice command from another app for instance.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • disk 100% !!!!

hi. i have case acer whit 32 gig ram . and cup i5 4440 . and graphic 4600 intel. and 500 gig hard .window 10 home. Always in task manager disk 100% . why ??? why?? please help me???please Repair this bug in Windows 10

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • microsoft teams

Enhance the accessibility of Microsoft Teams with screen readers. We are moving to Microsoft Teams for all of our internal communications and I am not able to fully use Microsoft Teams. 1. Please add hotkeys to quickly move to various parts of Microsoft TEams. Currently, I have to tab to things on the screen and that is assuming that focus will move to areas. Sometimes, it does and sometimes it does not. 2. The calls tab and contacts or basically any of the tabs on the Calls tab are not accessible. This is a problem because I can not call…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Narator will not read column and row titles

Have a setting in Narator where we can set row and column title reading with the option to set it to what ever row or column we choose. Jaws has this feature Caps V will give five options of verbosity but non of them make any change using Narator.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • MS Removal tool finds thousands of infected files after days of scanning. Doesn't remove a single one. Why??

MS Removal tool finds several thousand infected files after a couple of days of scanning. Doesn't remove a single one, a I start it again and it shows the same pattern. Why?? What is it doing? How is that useful? Others like McAfee, Chrome,... don't find any, and when they do, the report the virus and how they cleaned it. A second scan doesn't show it again .... Maybe Linux or Apple is a much better OS? I used MS since the DOS days, but now I wonder.....

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Save call captions to transcript file

When I use the automated captions or CART to provide real-time captions during a call, I want to have the complete transcript available to edit and use afterwards.
                This would be brilliant for writing minutes/notes or creating transcripts for videos or blogs posts etc.
                For these purposes, it would be ideal if it could label the speaker too.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Save captions to file

When I use the speech recognition feature to provide real-time captions of my presentation, I want to have the complete transcript available to edit and use afterwards.
                  This would be great for writing minutes/notes or creating transcripts for videos or blogs posts etc.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Please reinstate the bold, centered font for all day events that only run for a single day

All day events that only run for a single day are now not bold and are left justified. Please make them bold and centered like all my other all day events that last longer than one day

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Xbox enforcement team and Reports

The Xbox enforcement team should better control the Reports from other players, and I mean that because by that I mean it's annoying when you get a communication ban for unnecessary things, even though you've just told the person his opinion without offending him , but what I also find unfair is that I'm an anime fan and I like to upload music videos but the Xbox enforcement team is almost constantly blocking my videos and then claiming something that did not appear in the video.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adults I hope you extend the suppòrt for windows 7 for a life time

i woi
                        old like Microsoft to extend window 7 support for a life time as it is really easy to use for us vi students and Adults please extend windows 7 support for a life time

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Narrator+Up Arrow for everything, please

first of all, thanks for bringing traditional keyboard commands to Narrator, that really helps. However, I would like to suggest you to match other screen readers' experience in one point: the Narrator+Up Arrow (or, I believe, Narrator+I in more Narrator'esque terms) reads the current line, which is nice and good. However, if I'm not on a line of *text*, Narrator dings at me and says like "Not in explorable text". Actually, whenever you press Insert+Up Arrow when using other screen readers, you always get feedback: if you're in File Explorer, you get the focused file or folder; if you're on…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • My feedback is about Narrator in Windows 10S.

Hello. I have recently been made aware that Microsoft Surface products Have begun shipping with microsoft’s signature secure OS, Windows 10S. This means that only applications from the Microsoft Store can be installed on these devices. I understand that for many years, Microsoft has relied heavily on its partnerships with screen reader manufacturers such as Freedom Scientific and NVDA. However, if Windows 10S is truly going to be the future of Windows OS, the time may be fast approaching for Narrator screen reader to become a fully functioning screen reader, able to be compatible with every native Windows/Microsoft program, as…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• [eye tracking ]v M letter missing from french keyboard

[eye tracking - BUG ] The M letter is missing from the french keyboard. It would be a great improvment for french user as for now, the system cannot be used on a daily basis, even though the eye tracker seems very powerfull !!!

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Surface Keyboard - need smaller version with keypad separate to allow for correct ergonomic setup

I have a Microsoft Surface Keyboard and I love it, however I have developed lateral epicondylitis from using a poorly designed mouse that was too big & heavy for my arm. To be set up with correct ergonomics I cannot use my Surface Keyboard, as I need to reach too far to the right to use my mouse, which exacerbates the pain in my wrist. Microsoft has an ergonomic keyboard with the separate key pad, why not extend that to the Surface Keyboard please? It doesn't even need to be "ergonomic" - just an alternative for those who need to…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • magnifier to follow curser with all applications

The magnifier needs to follow the cursor when typing on this website and with all applications. Thank you.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Narrator support for Google Chrome

Hi it would be really helpful if Windows Narrator was made accessible for Google Chrome as a lot of people have their data saved in their Google account and it is a lot easier to keep your info synced across all of your devices e.g. your android phone and PC and Chromebooks. I would like to see Narrator work the same way in Chrome as it works in Internet explorer. I would also appreciate if you allow scripting for Narrator as it does not work with companies own programs.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Microsoft Family - Screen Time

Hi, I would like to have a feature where I could give additional time to my child from the Microsoft Family home screen web site, without the need to have my kid request additional time via email.

Also, I would like to have a very granular time assignment possible outside of the predefined time templates (15, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours and 8 hours).
                                      Sometime I just want to give 20 minutes, but in the current model this is not possible.

It would also be nice to have the ability to stop any allotted time immediately via web site.

6 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows 10 afecta negativamente a las personas con deficiencia visual

La organización para la que trabajo desplegó Windows 10 hace algo más de un año. En ella trabajan muchas personas con todo tipo de deficiencias visuales y la sensación que me transmiten es que el interfaz de Windows 10 les cansa mucho la vista. Es más, algunos de ellos han decidido usar lectores de pantalla (JAWS) porque piensan que están perdiéndola.

Creo que esta percepción que me transmiten los usuarios tiene su lógica ya que con el nuevo interfaz (micho más plano) no tienen elementos de referencia que les permitan no forzar la vista todo el tiempo de trabajo.

¿Podría…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • be good if you had an automatic spell and grammer check built in

would make it much easier for people with bad eyesight and make spelling mistakes

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base