Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Lock Screen

Give users the option to remove the Date and Time from Windows 10 Lock Screen. It tarnishes my beautiful lock screen image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • No service offered. Had to reach out to FCC to report violation s.

Try simple customer service. I can access my email and was provided no assistance to get into the account for the past 10 years. I have lost job opportunities and income from reselling and the only help I received was open a new account. Took it to the FCC. Shockingly sad level of support which reflects on the business and their products. Don't punish customers for your inadequacies Microsoft!

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • PowerShell accessibility

A customer of mine has trouble coding in PowerShell because of the dark background, font color and size. He is older so his eye sight is not as sharp. Not being able to change the font size or color makes PowerShell inaccessible to some users. Please consider making it more accessible so anyone can use PowerShell.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Seeing AI on Android

Seeing AI is a fantastic app! Please make it available on Android platform.

68 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Further development of Windows Control to include LC Technologies

With the Tobii Dynavox acquisition of Smartbox, are there plans to expand Eye Control support to other eye gazing systems that rely on Smartbox? And specifically to LC Technologies Eye Gaze Edge systems?

Tobii says in their acquisition statement that they are not pursuing Windows Control. That leaves it to Microsoft to continue further development.

My request is for Microsoft to expand Eye Control to additional Eye Gazing systems beyond Tobii's development and include systems from LC Technologies.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • turkish phonetic notification problem

While the characters are declared phonetically, English words are used (bravo, delta). Turkish phonetic characters should be used instead (bursa, denizli).
              In addition, while the picture is made in the detailed description of the picture content is not in Turkish, English is done.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • problems is narrator and turkish microsoft voice

I'm using Windows 10.
                Microsoft's Turkish male voice has some problems.
                First of all, the sound is not clear enough. Looks like the explosions ahead and the wind.
                Turkish voice, the sound of characters (letters, numbers, etc.) The sound is thicker than the normal speech sounds.
                The stopping time of the male voice in the punctuation mark is sometimes too long.
                This sound is incorrect in words (x q w) with English characters. In particular (exe, example) words are ignored x.
                Among Turkish speaking users, female voices are higher than male voices. So we have the expectation of a female…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sculpt ergonomic keyboard: Merge numpad into main keyboard

It is too far for one's hands to travel to the right every time, to the separate numeric keypad. ... Otherwise great layout ... Thanks!

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give BETTER help & advice to disabled people. Take over facebook too, as we would be able to get help easier

It would be great if microsoft took over facebook. It would be better run & if us disabled people had a problem, we would get a better & quicker result in getting problems sorted out, unlike at present with facebook. They just do not respond to anything. Microsoft has ALWAYS put customers first, unlike facebook, they only care about themselves.

0 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automatically pause Narrator while Cortana is listening.

Unlike Siri and VoiceOver on Apple products, Cortana and Narrator are not integrated. Blind and low vision users expect the screen reader to pause whenever a personal assistant is listening for commands.

One third-party developer, Freedom Scientific attempts to remedy this by ducking the audio from it's screen reader (JAWS) whenever Cortana is invoked. However, this method isn't always effective at preventing Cortana from detecting feedback from JAWS.

Is it possible to provide such functionality in Narrator?

8 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Speech to Windows BIOS

The most inaccessible part of Windows is the BIOS. There is no way for a blind person to change the BIOS by them selves and it is almost impossible to have someone on your phone read the screen that is on the bios over the phone.
                          This means that I need to have someone who is comfortable with working on the innards of the computer, who I trust, following directions from someone who has no idea what they should be looking for.
                          This is the only time where Narrator has an advantage over other screen readers.
                          Please allow some access…

12 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • I strongly suggest can improve the Narrator tool to read the text and paragraph of a Webpage running Windows 7 version

Narrator tool doesn't have the features to read the text and paragraph of a web-page

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Color control of OS

with in windows xp and windows 7 there was UI control of the colors of the OS. I do not see this within windows 10 beyond the High Contrast setting. Which is limiting and prompting me to try and find a 3rd party solution to a feature that was within the previous OS,and allowed the control to be in the users hands. I'd like to see this option to be placed back so support can be made to those with sensitive eye sight.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • offer ways to change the pointer and blinking cursor color

I've created slides with a dark background and light text, but am always losing the pointer and blinking cursor. This is especially tough when I'm editing, but it's also a problem in presenter mode, when I'm trying to toggle between my large font notes and advancing the slides.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Sticky Note Problems

I used sticky notes on a daily basis on a different computer (the notes stayed on my desktop all the time with notes) and loved it
                                  On the computer I am currently on ( Windows 10) sticky notes 2.1.18.0 I can not change the fonts or make the fonts larger, It is absolutely horrible and I hate it. I can not read anything on it. Can you please fix this problem so that I can use sticky notes again? I need it for school.
                                  I need the font size larger and i need different font styles. A.S.A.P.
                                  The sticky notes…

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • extending support for skype and windows 7;

hello;

I have posted these feedback on this forum before; but; can my feedback please be taken seriously for Skype 7.40; and extending support for windows 7 for visually impaired people;

1. please can support be extended for Skype 7.40; because the newer version of Skype doesn't work for visually impaired users who use assistive technology;

2. windows 7:

can support be extended beyond January 14th; 2020; for visually impaired users please; for windows 7; because windows 10; keeps causing problems for windows users who are using assistive technology software;

I would urge for my feedback to be taken seriously;

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Reinstate Classic Theme Engine to restore ability of visually impaired users to have fine grained customisation of OS & App UI appearance

The problem is, I can't use Windows 10 without discomfort and symptoms, because you removed the Classic Theme engine after Windows 7. I don't believe this was necessarily good for accessibility and inclusion. It was my "bread and butter" to be able to effectively access previous versions of Windows. The customisability of Windows 10 high-contrast themes is too limited for my visual access needs. The Windows UI needs to be open to full user customisation and be fully user-adaptable through the use of CSS.

Please extend the support life for Windows 7 and put the classic theme engine (with full…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Adjustable font size in Skype

Please let us freely adjust font size in conversation area of skype, and don't limit us at 24 pts, font sizes of 60+ points are very welcome

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Narrator and difficult situations

Narrator is becoming more powerful with every windows 10 release. With that being said, here are some things that would make it more valuable. 1. The ability to access advanced settings in windows, as well as bios configurations. There are times when I need to immage on to a USB drive, and I am unable to. 2. The ability for narrator to work with browsers outside Edge and the now outdated internet explorer. 3. Abaility for narrator to work with other applications o outside microsoft. 3. The abaility for narrator to work with complex web applications that offer chat functionality.4.…

8 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base