Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inclusion of People withe 3rd Degree Burns; and people having Traumatic Brain Injury.

It is cumbersome for me to make use of my digits, e.g., fingers, due to scar tissue, and also because of neurological issues; the issues do not however rise to the level of my having a "tick' situation'"; this is more of a cautionary measure, taken, on my part; because I have borne first-hand witness (no pub intended) to individuals having their own circumstances, that are of a far worse sequelae, e.g. post-incident circumstance, than am I; Cf. Maryland Institute of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.; for exigent informations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a shortcut to turn off the computer in windows 10. in Windows XP, it was Windows+uu

add a shortcut to turn off the computer in windows 10. in windows XP, it was Windows+uu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Aria-live text updates do not work in Narrator

Currently, when an aria live region has aria-relevant as "text", it will not read out any textual changes within the live region. You can test with this example:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Aria-live test</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <button aria-controls="test-area" onclick="testFunction()">Click me</button>
    <div id="test-area" aria-live="polite" aria-relevant="text"></div>
    <script>
    var toggle = false;

var testFunction = function(){
    document.getElementById("test-area").innerText = toggle ? "Even newer text" : "New text";
    toggle = !toggle;
    }
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>

NVDA reads the changes in this example out fine but narrator does not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a place to ask general questions via email.

Have a place to ask a general question via email instead of phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alt text option for picture that can be added to signature in Microsoft Outlook.

Users need to be able to add alt text to pictures that can be added to one's signature in Microsoft Outlook. I have employees that just want to attach a digital picture of their business card. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Narrator read selected text

Narrator has an hotkey to 'Read previous line'. It should also have a hotkey for 'Read the selected text'.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Eyes First Games

This is a link to the Eyes First Collection for customers that play games using eye tracking technology. Feel free to use the Eyes First Apps category whenever you want to give feedback on this product https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/eyes-first/games-and-apps/

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Eyes First Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Controller with increased durability

My son is autistic and has a condition with his muscle control that prevents him from knowing how hard he's using the controller. He's broken about 8 different controller's analog sticks. It takes him about a week to reduce the stick center line so that it just hangs or wobbles on its axis. I'd love a controller either tonka tough that can take a serious beating (from overuse or increased grip strength) or some sort of cage to limit how much pressure can be applied to the sticks. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't use keyboard to select what table elements to delete in Word for Mac 16.23 (190309).

In a Word table, pressing the "Delete" key brings up a dialog where the user selects what precisely is deleted and/or how the resulting cells are configured.

In previous versions of Word for Mac, the radio buttons could be selected with the arrow keys.

This functionality appears to have been removed in recent updates (including the one captioned above).

This should be reinstated as it is an accessibility issue for users for whom mouse / trackpad use is restricted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Onenote for Android Accessibility Improvement Request

Hello.
    I'm Giyeon in Korea.
    I would like to improve the accessibility of OneNote for Android.
    When I read a memo I have Written, can not read it by line or paragraph.
    Talkback provides the ability to change the navigation mode by swiping one finger up or down. For example, you can switch to Character navigation mode by swiping down one finger.
    However, if you change the Talkback navigation mode to paragraph navigation mode and attempt to read the note contents, you will fail.
    Be sure to test on a page with two or more paragraphs to Be sure to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. My 9 yr old son has Leukemia and we are on the verge of homelessness if it werent for charities. We need help with game pass & xboxlivegold

I'm wondering if there is a charity that can help children in treatment that are hard care gamers. His Xbox is all that makes him happy and he dreams of being a youtube streamer for xbox and Microsoft pc games! LOL! But its just come down to, we just cant afford the xbox live gold and game pass now. He has an Xbox one s that was a gift from a distant friend but I cant keep up with the costs. He is an amazing gamer at just 9. He has almost 6000G coins in such a short time. He…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Publish Audio Description videos which are already on the Xbox youtube channel.

There are several unlisted videos on the Xbox youtube channel which are Audio Description versions of existing game trailers. I was delighted to discover these, but could not seem to find them without stumbling upon a link from an external site.
    These videos should be published, at the very least, and organized into a playlist for visually impaired gamers to find. At present, the target audience wouldn't even know they exist.
    With E3 going on, it's more relevant than ever for visually impaired to get excited about upcoming titles alongside their sighted peers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I don't want tiles. I want Icons with text. I struggle with visual agnosia. I HATE Win 10 and Tiles.

I don't want tiles. I want Icons with text. I struggle with visual agnosia. I HATE Win 10 and Tiles. My brain does not recognize pictures. I am not 4. I can read text.
    Give us back our Win 7 or before GUI. XP had a great GUI. I could find anything. Win 7, not so good. Win 10 turns my computer into a brick. I CAN"T FIND ANYTHING Give us a Win 7 overlay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. full screen crosshair on windows 10 ?

full screen crosshair on windows 10 following the mouse cursor ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Worse greedy company

Appreciate your customers instead of ignoring them. And deal with their issues been hacked with an Xbox I never had. I am on disability and this has happened for a year and all you could do after deleting all my messages is tell me you will take my card be more like apple take some lessons cause they have customer service

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the quality of the font smoothing with the magnifier

when we Zoom in an application (browsers, MSoffice...), the smoothing is perfect even at high zoom levels, while with the Windows magnifier the smoothing is very bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customer support too complicated

Today I went through numerous loops trying to speak with a human. FYI......your customer support online options does NOT cover everything. Things need to be less complicated. I tried to speak with someone about my son's account being suspended. His cousin literally logged into his account and sent inappropriate messages to people. I tried finding the call back feature......I can't find it. I tried to appeal the suspension, can't find that option either. Things are too complicated and when calling the toll free number, there should ALWAYS be an option to speak with a human. Online does not always help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a way to connect my hearing aids to my Xbox one?

Can you make an adapter to work with my Xbox one controller/device and my Bluetooth capable hearings aids? A 1.5mm to Bluetooth transmitter in the headphone jack would work, no?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Outlook iPhone app: improve user experience for VoiceOver users

Improve the user experience for VoiceOver users in the Outlook iPhone app. Efficient Calendar navigation through future dates is currently not possible. Braille screen input can also be unstable in many situations. Native iOS Mail app currently offers a more reliable experience for VoiceOver users.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. dwell free typing

you should integrate swipe typing as explain here (www.repository.cam.ac.uk/bitstream/handle/1810/283643/TOCHI_VISAR_Keyboard_Author_Version.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y) for eye gaze to be more than a gemic it needs to get to 20 wpm. For and add word prediction.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base