Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. June 6 My bank debited my account for Microsoft accessibility. As of today I do not have use of the system. I have chatted 5 or 6 times. Now

Solve problems when clients pay. I have chatted , called, emailed, sent documents and I still don’t have access. Should I call bank about charge you received June 6?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A better update interface.

The current windows 10 update interface is just basic. It'd be great if I could see what's the network speed in which the update is downloading, the time required to finish it, and more.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Just Appreciation the Diction on the Microsoft Word Software

Although, I am posting here in the accessibility venue. I just want to say thank you from a general business, and writer, writings perspective. THANKS for having something here, I wasn't aware of due to business to view my task bar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. xbox adaptive controller

Could you please make the xbox adaptive controller connectable with an apple tv please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. lower cost for the disabled

more ability for the disabled tto afford products that being on a budget they ccouldnt do like coontrollers annd other expensive items.annd lower tthe prices of the desiign lab also cause those prices for the color options and no colored buttons is crazy.annd the controller options are not good. Shadow is a bad option and the shadow colors suck.poor idea and to expenive 84 dollars for one option and 99 dollars for two garbage colors and designs.the disabled need a voice and im mentally dissabled and on. A huge budget i enjoy making controllers just to expensive for me and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please bring your accessibility services back "onshore."

Please bring your accessibility services back "onshore." About a year and a half ago MS moved its accessibility services to India (or at least it sounds like that), and the quality of help has suffered significantly. I used to sing the praises of MS accessibility services, but no longer can do that, as the techies often are hard to understand and they don't seem to be as good at solving the problems we present to them. I called the line today with two problems, and they both seem to have been resolved, but two of the agents were quite hard…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Narrator to be updated through the Windows Store

Currently, we have to wait for new major versions of Windows to ship in order to receive updated builds of Narrator. If possible, please allow the screen reader to be updated through the store. This would allow the Narrator team to push new features and fixes at a much faster pace. Of course, Narrator should continue to be bundled with Windows, it would just be nice to have a way to update it more frequently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. xbox global setting for subtitles

The use of subtitles should be set by a global setting to provide consistency across games.

I have some hearing difficulty so use subtitles to help with game audio. Some games have these on by default, some don't. Sometimes, when I start a new game, audio starts with no subtitles and if it's in a cutscene, it's not always possible to pause and go to the game settings to enable them (Gears of War 4 for example).

I suggest that in the XBox Accessibility settings, subtitles for game audio should be a setting. Games could then use this as a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remote desktop access.

Narrator should be able to support the use of remote desktop. In a similar method to that used by Jaws. Synthesized speech would not be sent over the remote audio device to the local system, instead, the synthesizer commands would be sent back to the local synthesizer using one of the RDP protocols. This functionality is already supported in RDP. The support just needs to be added to Narrator.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Microsoft Application

This does not tie into OneNote but there was no category for me. It’s an application idea.

Microsoft offers many applications such as Word, PowerPoint, calendar, Sway, etc. The only thing they are lacking is a classroom.

Most schools use Microsoft as there document storage for students, I know I do. However, teachers must use Google Classroom or Band to create a virtual classroom with there students. It would be so nice to be able to send my work to my teacher without sharing or emailing it. Google Classroom is great but not if your school is Microsoft based and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Switch Rows and Columns for Insert Table Menu

In Word, under Insert -> Table, a table with three rows and two columns is listed as a "2x3 Table," but the standard for matrices (math) is to list rows and then columns (3x2 Table) , and I think it should be the same for tables in Word.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. read out loud for PDFs

Please make the new Edge also read PDFs out loud. I miss this feature daily. It is really a pity that this feature got lost from the "old Edge"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include sound icons when there are vital system messages

Is it possible to include a 'sound icon' when there is an important system message? I am visually impaired and the other day a M/S security download failed. I did not see the icon except a family member who was with me did 😀. I am a participant in the Microsoft Community platform and one of your colleagues suggested I provide this feedback.

I am concerned that I could miss a vital message requiring action be me. Is it possible that this suggestion could be considered for a future release? Many thanks.

I use Narrator a lot - great help…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. On the latest Edge, please return "tabs set aside" to legacy UX

In the original consumer Edge version, the "Set aside tabs" UX was perfect. In the latest Edge, could you please replicate that experience? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The latest Windows 10 update

The latest Windows 10 update caused my computer screen to change appearance and disabled Chrome and Edge. I got my screen back to normal after uninstalling the update, but had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome to get it to work again. I never did get Edge working again. Please work the bugs out of your updates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1500842033 not solved

It would be nice if Wilma solved my problem this past week, but that woman in the Philippines could not even find a tech supervisor, let alone offer any assistance. My MSFT password was LOCKED and I could not get in no matter what I did. Attempts to re-do the password were not successful. I sure did not need to spend almost an hour (via phone) in the Philippines on the accessibility desk which was a complete waste of time.

I still don't have my password and I do not have 15 digit code. It would be a great idea…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Windows 10 Global Font type change through Color and Appearance

In Windows 7, we had the option to adjust screen resolution, DPI (set custom text size) and color metrics to suit accessibility needs. I prefer to have the Tahoma font globally as this is very clear of all.

In Windows 10 I realise that the resolution changes and Custom Display Setting are mutually dependent and automatically changes. In Window colour metrics the option to change the colours, font type are missing. In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display has some customizing options, the ability to update the font type has been removed.

Can we please bring this feature back asap?

STEPS in…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cortana not working along with other things.

I cant type in things such as mail, cortana, paint 3D and other things. Its not my keyboard because I can type in in places such as here and the search bar. I am not sure how this happens but it can be very annoying at times. Also there was no category for this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable Screen Reader of Narrator

Using Windows 10 Narrator.

I really like the Narrator feature but I don't need the full function of the "Screen Reader" or Narrator feature.

What I want to use is just the "What you hear when typing", I am very new to using computers and I love the
    "Hear words as you type"
    "Hear letters, numbers, and punctuation as you type".

Visually I can what on screen but have to look down on keyboards when I type.

I would like to be able to disable the Narrator function of reading on Screen and announcement when I change Window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Narrator documentation for Xbox.

I cannot find good documentation concerning Narrator usage on the Xbox. The Narrator user guide for Windows is wonderful, but there is nothing similar for the Xbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base