Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring your accessibility services back "onshore."

Please bring your accessibility services back "onshore." About a year and a half ago MS moved its accessibility services to India (or at least it sounds like that), and the quality of help has suffered significantly. I used to sing the praises of MS accessibility services, but no longer can do that, as the techies often are hard to understand and they don't seem to be as good at solving the problems we present to them. I called the line today with two problems, and they both seem to have been resolved, but two of the agents were quite hard…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Narrator!

My narrator often skips over the letter combinations of "fi" and "fl". For example, instead of saying confirm, it will say "conrm". This is really frustrating! Please fix!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Touch Keyboard

It would be wonderful to have an option to permanently display/dock the touch keyboard and have all other windows rescaled to fit remaining portion of the screen. It would be great to have this not only in tablet mode.

Sometimes you really want to type without an external keyboard but the touch keyboard keeps disappearing as you switch between windows or tabs, etc. Sometimes the keyboard also draws over other windows. Sometimes you just need the keyboard permanently open, not only having it pop up automatically (which doesn't always work).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype keyboard shortcuts should work globally

Skype keyboard shortcuts should work globally, regardless of what window is active.

When I am playing games I want to be able to toggle mute my microphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. tab close

we have the problem that the tab in Chrome Edge closes automatically when you open a document from a Sharepoint 2013 library. The sharepoint page runs in Internet Explorer mode. Unfortunately, a reinstallation of the Edge Browser has not been successful to solve the issue. We use Windows 10 1909 Enterprise. Any ideas regarding this problem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The latest Windows 10 update

The latest Windows 10 update caused my computer screen to change appearance and disabled Chrome and Edge. I got my screen back to normal after uninstalling the update, but had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome to get it to work again. I never did get Edge working again. Please work the bugs out of your updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Theme for each Profile in Edge

I have multiple email thus multiple profile on edge. I want to have black background for profile #1 and white background for profile #2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1500842033 not solved

It would be nice if Wilma solved my problem this past week, but that woman in the Philippines could not even find a tech supervisor, let alone offer any assistance. My MSFT password was LOCKED and I could not get in no matter what I did. Attempts to re-do the password were not successful. I sure did not need to spend almost an hour (via phone) in the Philippines on the accessibility desk which was a complete waste of time.

I still don't have my password and I do not have 15 digit code. It would be a great idea…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Navigation Sounds Mutable.

Please. I find the sound so annoying/irritating. If PS4 can do this, why can't you. At least let us have options for sounds if your company is so rabid about unmutable sounds. Please, for the love quieter gaming!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cortana not working along with other things.

I cant type in things such as mail, cortana, paint 3D and other things. Its not my keyboard because I can type in in places such as here and the search bar. I am not sure how this happens but it can be very annoying at times. Also there was no category for this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need Xbox Split Controller (like Switch controller)

May we get a split Xbox controller please? It is not good for many people to have their arms tethered together in front of them for hours on end; having a control that separates into 2 like the Switch controller will allow us to play games with both of our arms free so that we can move them around while playing. This isn't a matter of competition, it's a matter of health by now ... I honestly can't keep playing on an Xbox controller that forces me to hold a frozen posture for long periods of times because it is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hearing Aid Manufacturer Head sets that can be compatible

Hi there,

I'm a hearing impaired hearing aid user who is also a Hearing Health Care Professional. Great Ormond Street Hospital has recently approached me about accessibility for the hearing impaired for online gaming.

What I am looking for is whether there is any known compatibility with the Xbox and hearing aid Bluetooth Remote Microphones? If they are compatible, it will allow the user to adjust the balance of game sounds and online chat to match their level of hearing impairment. Which is key to inclusivity of the hearing impaired. Can this feature be added or is it already added?…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Idea's for fixing internet explorer.

Today, Christina L & Brian G spent quite a few hours trying to sort out my internet explorer problem. Over 8 hours later, after doing a windows 8.1 download, the problem is still there. I am really fed up with using my laptop now because of a slight accident I made due to having poor eyesight. I am now forced off my laptop, as I can not access my bank statements ect. Big mistake trying to get this fixed. Will never use a computer again. Thank you Christina L & Brian G for all your hard work, though it did…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Photosensitive epilepsy / flashing lights

I thought about this from a concert I went to on the weekend,

There could be more options for photosensitive and possibly other forms of epilepsy in Microsoft products, as TV shows and some video content may warn about flashing images but not all will.

I am curious if there is a way for flashing light warnings to be in accessibility checker or better yet in Windows itself with options for when flashing lights are detected or possibly a way to prevent flashing images from being displayed.

While I don't know too much about epilepsy, I believe these features could…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include sound icons when there are vital system messages

Is it possible to include a 'sound icon' when there is an important system message? I am visually impaired and the other day a M/S security download failed. I did not see the icon except a family member who was with me did 😀. I am a participant in the Microsoft Community platform and one of your colleagues suggested I provide this feedback.

I am concerned that I could miss a vital message requiring action be me. Is it possible that this suggestion could be considered for a future release? Many thanks.

I use Narrator a lot - great help…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give me back my last Edge!

Nothing works the way it used to. I shouldn't need to up lode all my favorite website's. And where's the scroll bar? I'm having to contently hit the down arrow to get anywhere. This is a update? I think you took a step back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resolving issues over phone only after basic troubleshooting doesn't work is largely inaccessible for people who cannot talk on the phone

It's very frustrating as a person with a disability that prevents me from using the phone that resolving issues that are more complex than answered on the FAQs forums require scheduling a support call.

How is a person who cannot talk on the phone supposed to talk on the phone?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Magnifier Zoom in Transition Smooth

Please make the magnifier zoom transition smooth. You can replicate Mac OS or do better. But this one just not nice. I am not a fan of Mac but bought one because of this. My mom and dad had an eye problem and did not want them to use a Windows magnifier. You update Windows regularly. Just update this one, please. Its 2020 and the same problem appears to be the same.

I am a YouTube creator and an Online Educator. Using Mac OS just because of the smoothness of the transition. Believe me, tutors use this functionality a lot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Idea Windows 10 2004

I think if is possible a new redesigned UI with rounded borders when using an app like Windows 7 but without transparency effects because i like cube-style but it's more modern with rounded borders

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base