Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Webpages and all content dark with lighter color fonts and characters

For the Love of Humans with limited visual acuity, please please, spare us the agony of staring at glaring white background webpages in Edge, glaring white pages in Word, even glaring white backgounds in google Play store, I remember Dark Black Windows 8.1 Mobile, and even Windows 10 all dark,which was so awesome, especially for someone like me, who has acuity restrictions and work late hours, the so called night shift owls like us love colors gentle, but easy to discern, in Chrome,VEdge I can download extensions, but that is the longer way round just give us a universal Dark…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. narrator to read alt tags in e-mails.

narrator to read alt tags on images in outlook automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Translate Seeing AI

Hi, I am Brazilian and would like to contribute in translating the app to Portuguese.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better customer support

This is hands down the WORST customer experience i have ever dealt with. First im put on hold for over 40 minutes and waiting for someone to call or answer my message. then after i get someone they want me to run this diagnostic tool which requires me to restart the computer. Even though i go to rejoin the session, i am put back in line and now have been waiting for 30 more minutes to speak with someone about my device not working. Overall 0/10 would recommend and returning the device tomorrow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. java based applications accessibility improvement

Hi, at a moment narrator is not working with java applications, nvda and jaws screen readers does. Please enable the support of java access bridge , so narrator can work with applications that are developed in java.
    please up-vote this idea, because it is important you never know when you need screen reader software support for java applications.

In terms of features Microsoft should publish the release schedule and let us upvote the features we want. at a moment progress feels quite slow, improving quite a bit but it could be better. make a survey or something for data collection…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Upgrading & access.

My Windows 8.1 Pro goes blank screen sometimes on start up. All upgrades should be done ONLY AFTER I have finished. That way I can leave the PC on then until YOU are finished & why blank the screen? Let's be OPEN with each other! Also you should have easy access to contact email addresses for faster easier access to you people!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve accessibility on SharePoint News Digest tool

The news digest in SharePoint Online is a great tool, however the content that's generated is not very accessible from a code perspective. It relies heavily on Aria tags and the content essentially runs together without proper headers to break the content up. Please re-work the tool so the content that's developed for both the email and resulting web page are accessible/usable and inclusive for all users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. speech to text

I work with MS teams including the built-in live conferencing and direct calling features. I have seen demos of upcoming live speech-to-text functionality for deaf and hard-of-hearing inclusion. When will this be generally available in MS Teams, please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Empruve The Magnification Motion

Make the magnification smoother and more optimized
    Use the GPU to improve it.
    Take a look at macOS magnification, it used GPU to perform the zoom and it feels so good.
    Please, help us with that, also, allow users to choose which key to press to zoom in or out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integrate Speech Recognition voice commands with Narrator

I’m blind and struggle with keyboards so I love the idea of controlling pc using voice. The trouble is that speech recognition voice commands do not integrate with Narrator. If you check out Apple’s iOS 13 beta, voice control and voiceover work together pretty well, so I can navigate an iPhone, open emails, reply, edit text all just with voice. I’d dearly love to be able to do this on my Windows 10 laptop, but so far this is not possible. I can open the mail app with a voice command but after that, I’m pretty stuck with voice commands.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MS OFFICE PROGRAMS NOT COMPATIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

MS OFFICE PROGRAMS NOT COMPATIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. About Narrator hints to interact with buttons and other controls option.

In Narrator settings, there is one option 'Hear hints on how to interact with buttons and other controls checkbox'. I don't notice any difference upon checking or unchecking this checkbox. Upon checking this checkbox and after focusing to any button or control, I was expecting that Narrator would provide some interaction hints as 'hit space or enter to activate' but I don't hear any such interaction hints i.e. even after checking or unchecking this checkbox, same behavior could be observed. Hence, expecting that Narrator provides interaction hints upon checking this checkbox. This would be really helpful for new users. Thank…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. About Narrator options in narrator settings.

Please take webinar sessions on some of advanced narrator settings options like context verbose levels, context verbose reading order, verbose levels and adjust hints on how to interact with buttons and other controls with examples.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Vibration state in Xbox Adaptive Controller

I'm looking to trigger lights based on the vibration feedback but there is no output port for the vibration state that I can use for that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Offer a customisable scroll bar for use in all Window applications

After moving back to a PC / Windows after Apple ignored requests to reinstate the "traditional" scroll bar with a normal width, and up/down arrows, I was so happy to find that I can edit the Windows Registery to increase the width of the vertical and horizontal scroll bars.

Please Microsoft, add the ability to have both the up/down arrows to either and of the scroll bar, change the width, and change the colour of the scroll bar, and the arrows to the Control. Panel.

This would greatly improve accessibility to all applications.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it impossible for software developers the have thin, "no up/down arrows" Apple macOS inaccessible scroll bars in Windows software

I switched back to a Windows PC after 15 years of Mac ownership because Apple's post Mac OS X 10.6.6 scroll bars were reduced in width, and had their up/down arrows removed. This was a major accessibility / ease of use mistake. Over the years, the negative online comments have persisted.

To my dismay, Postbox Inc, whose e-mail client I have a lifetime license for have released Postbox 7 for Windows - with Mac style inaccessible scroll bars. Postbox Inc claim that people called for this change, and worryingly, refuse to acknowledge that it has accessibility implications.

Please Microsoft, make…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. traumatic brain injury disability

For many, many years I've worked through technical game analysis to find out I possess the disability of severe traumatic brain injury. As much as I've learned, I still have it, yet I feel I can assist Microsoft into understanding the needs of tbi users to assist you into gaining a much better understanding of how to assist them to use Windows. Will.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve the captcha system

The captcha system on your website is not disabled friendly. At present it is almost impossible to distinguish between individual letters. I Harvey spent 4-5 attempts filling out the form on sender.outlook.com . The same system is used elsewhere on the Microsoft website and is not at all user friendly for visually impaired. I suspect it may we’ll be in breach of the Uk equality act on website accessibility.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the word prediction offered by the onscreen keyboard available to hardware keyboard users

The word prediction offered by the onscreen keyboard is excellent, and as a Springboard PC-1 keyboard user, and being a word prediction user, I feel that this prediction should be available in a vertical numbered 1 to 9 list. It should have easy to edit vocabulary files, with the option of verbal output of selected words. This alerts the user to the selection of an incorrect word being selected by pressing 5 instead of 6 for example. It should work in any application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base