Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow speak selection in OneDrive to PDFs created with office lens

iOS speak selection has been removed from Menu in pdf created with office lens???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PowerPoint presenter slide view

The new version of PowerPoint after 2010 has removed the view of presenter to see the slides at 1 glance on the same presenter view. It only allows for the next slide view. The previous version is very useful when presentation is more fluid and spontaneous.

Create option for the 2 types of presenter view for different uses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide more option to dark mode

In dark mode you provide custom but it can only select 2 which effect the whole system. I hope your provide either by apps or system. For example, you create custom mode for default app or something. Why not you make the custom more choices such as in custom mode: fixe explre or chrome apps or other apps can choose light or dark. Truth to be told i'm very dissapointed with the update. Although i like dark theme, but i dont like the chrome & file explore change to dark. My eyes feel constrain & tired when i see them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. simply can't afford a new computer at this time

My husband passed away on May 5th of this year...56 years young and after a brief battle with cancer he passed away. I am also 56 years old and am disabled and simply cannot buy a new computer. I am grief stricken on a daily basIs and life is difficult. Is there a program that could assist me in any manner to access a new computer? ..I hope that you can help me somehow given my situation,
    Warmest Regards,
    DPS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add markers to the text cursor

ZoomText is a very heavy resources application. I enjoy everything it offers, but I had enough of the lag and system crashes. Try adding a feature to add markers to the text cursor! It helps me figure out where my cursor is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Grammar check improvement

When I type person-first language in Microsoft word (e.g. persons who are blind) it flags the phrase as "too wordy." Please integrate person-first language into your grammar check algorithm so it stops flagging my person-first language. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Seeing AI on Android

Seeing AI is a fantastic app! Please make it available on Android platform.

320 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard options needed

Would love to see a new ergo keyboard designed for those who are visually impaired. I love my Microsoft wave keyboard but because I’m visually impaired it’s sometimes tough to use. Would love to see a version of it that is accessible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. People with visual disabilities need to be able to better identify each object in the Windows 10 interface

People who see badly have basically two problems: seeing objects on the screen poorly and distinguishing colors badly. Windows 10 only cares about the second aspect by facilitating the enhancement of contrast, but it does not make it easier for users to see interface elements well. All visible objects in Windows 10 are too "flat" and there are almost no visual differences when they are selected or receive focus. The interface elements have no volume and this forces people with visual disabilities to make a great visual effort to distinguish them.

Users who see little should be able to easily…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Starguard- juvinile macular degeneration p night blindness

Ihave Starguard, I am 86 years old. I have to magnify at least 20X just to navigate. But since I cannot tolerate bright lights and still see anything. I would appreciate if the icons could be removed in all cases or made just an outline. Then I could see to navigate the screen.. Surely it cannot be so difficult to have a switch to turn them off complete or make an outline.
    Ernest J. Hood

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show me how to delete magnifier on windows 10 and replace it with the windows 7 magnifier...Please

Show me how to delete magnifier on windows 10 and replace it with the windows 7 magnifier. It worked well for me but something happened to it in windows 10 that makes it a real pain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. provide hotkey for immersive reader view in Edge

It would be really helpful to have a hotkey to bring up the immersive reader view in the new Microsoft Edge. I will use this feature a lot and want to be able to get to it as quickly as possible when using the keyboard with a screen reader..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Translation into other languages ​​speech recognition

Please translate voice control into Russian already! 

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How do I cancel my subscription?

Do you do voice-activated security passwords / logins ? I’m trying to to cancel my subscription bit having dyslexia / Dyspraxia means remembering & keying in passwords more difficultt .Fo y

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. i would like to give some suggestions for seeing a eye app, that if you can add sensors that can help a legally blind person to move around.

if you can add sensor feature in this app so that it can be used by the legally blind person while walking around using it as our smart cane use to do this in some ways.
    for contact please reach to- +91 9999002407

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Couple Microsoft translator to induction hearing loops

As far as I am aware I do not have hearing loss. I was in a noisy situation. It had hearing induction loop functionality. If my mobile phone would be able to capture that and use captions with translator, I could follow like any person with a hearing aid.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When will the equation editor be accessible with a screen reader?

Creating online content with PowerPoint is great, but the equation editor is not accessible! There is MathType, but you are unable to make true inline equations that are also accessible. Are there any plans to make the equation editor accessible or make it easier for MathType to be inline and accessible at the same time in PowerPoint?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want to make windows 11 in windows 11 it had all windows idea and it comes with Game of all yours idea

Also make Windows 11 bulid 70131 It Also can play old games and Go old files and can Go back in time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please make the MS Office TTS service 'Read Aloud' and icon standard across suites

Please make the TTS service 'Read Aloud' & the accompanying icon the standard for MS Office suites. I've only just found the PowerPoint & Excel 'Speak' function and it's not as good. I haven't found any info on hotkeys to be able to toggle the TTS speak and pause yet for PP & Excel which is a shame. If you can also add in the 'screen masking' from 'Focus assist' that would be awesome. Another thing is you should get some inspiration from 'Texthelp' they have a tonne of features in their software but it's not reliable.... Something that would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give control of email message page colour without changing recipient view

As a user I want full control of email message body page colour Without changing recipient view which may cause issues with recipients devices, compatibility, plus they may have a disability themselves so what works for me may hurt their eyes
    I suffer visual problems, photosensitivity and struggle with white glare on the page when composiing messages in outlook email.
    I changed this message body page background using "page" colour setting to be dark blue with pale text. I didnt realise this page colour changed recipients view too.
    Neither my husband on outlook office (same account as me) nor a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base