Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guidelines for accessibility

What's Linkedin best practices for posting from an accessibility standpoint? E.g.: imagery with text. Does Linkedin have a clear guideline for content creators?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. increase the notification/system tray icons to at least 32 pixels option, its important for tray indicators,

increase the notification/system tray icons to at least 32 pixels option, its important for tray indicators, for example processor and disk real time indicator, upload, download, indicator, antivirus indicator, keyscrambler indicator, cups lock indicator, etc, for years we are still stuck n 16px for tray icons and nobody cares, its too small for some people who wears eye glasses, i think to increase system tray icons to 32 pixels will be something inventive for the new windows os, if it will be possible to make this changes on windows 10 so better,
    this is very important, for some people, even…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow A Free Download option for Windows 7 and 8 ,8.1

Some of us in the Florida Panhandle are still struggling after the events that took our town and many others that fateful day When Hurricane Micheal came ashore on Oct 13th 2018.On that day many peoples lives have changed .It has taken many people almost two years to repair their business their homes and their schools much of the way our lives have also been on hold.It took almost six months to get cable and internet back on in our town of Panama city Florida.Well after all that Me and my family are ok and it has taken a lot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please fix the taskbar issue

Each time I click into a full screen game in certain areas, the task bar minimizes my game and automatically begins to type into a search bar. This issue is worse when navigating through webpages. Please add an update to fix this issue. This is causing alot of frustration when even doing simple webage navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hello - I'd love to see a version of the Microsoft Learning Tools availability chart that is accessible to a screenreader.

I love the Microsoft Learning Tools availability chart and would love to find a version of it that is accessible to a screen reader.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When updating Windows 10, please make Narrator work with CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra.

In a future update for Windows 10, please add support for CyberLink PowerDVD to Narrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "point to input" is active no matter where you point it when using on-screen keyboard.

I am a muscular dystrophy patient. Only a small movement of the wrist.

If you are using the on-screen keyboard, the input function is only enabled within the on-screen keyboard.

Furthermore, make sure that "point to input" is active no matter where you point to it.

For example, you can click on the taskbar icon, scroll the internet screen, move the on-screen keyboard, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Continue text

Could you add the continue text on to other text box feature (like in publisher) to PowerPoint?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Eye Dropper

Could you add the eye dropper feature to Word?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. videos reading out actions

For some reason when I watch videos on either VLC or the inbuilt media player, on some of the videos it gives me a read out to what is happening on the screen and I can't work out how to make It go away

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. App for dictation for customers that cant splle

a app for dictation any were everywhere on window 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In Copilot - disable controller buttons and/or map multiple buttons to the same function

I'd like to request the ability to disable controller buttons or map multiple buttons to the same function while using copilot.

First off - I believe copilot is a wonderful concept. But, in certain situations it is limited by having a complete 1 to 1 correlation between each controller. If we were able to simplify the secondary controller by disabling buttons or alternatively mapping the same function on multiple buttons I believe we would be able to expand the copilot function to a broad user base.

As it is, my son does not posses the fine motor skills to hit…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for individuals living with left Homonymous Hemianopsia

There should a facility for change the order of a display so that the list of folders can be positioned on the right hand side of the screen.

Whilst this request has been raised against Outlook, the problem applies to all Microsoft products designed for the Windows environment and products developed using Microsoft development tools. eg File Explorer, order of tabs on the toolbar for all applications.

Note that Homonymous Hemianopsia is often linked to individuals who have had a stroke and they may have other disabilities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vibration motors

My son uses the adaptive controller, which is absolutely amazing by the way. The only thing that is really missing is the rumble force feedback that you get from regular controllers. It would be awesome to have a separate pack that had the rumble motors in it that you could Velcro to your arm or Wherever so you could feel the shots being fired from your gun. My son uses a proximity sensor so there is really no tactile feedback at all and I think if there was a way to introduce the feedback you get from the regular controllers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to share an email opened in OUTLOOK in my notebook to one my colleague through WEB-whatsapp

Just now I am working in OUTLOOK in my notebook. I just want to share an email through web-whatsapp to one of my colleague. I couldnt find any option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Win10 should fix the dll files

Either a switch back to exe or better programming I should not have to lose over a quarter of my CPU capability from background windows. I'm using a laptop with a 2018 i7 and 16GB of RAM I can't imagine how the average workplace computer can function. Not to mention how this shortens my computer lifespan and has not noticeably improved my experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On blueray player, allow different audio tracks between xbox controller and tv speakers for purpose of personal audio description

Hi, it would be amazing, using the blue-ray player on xbox one s, to have the audio description soundtrack playing through headphones plugged into the xbox controller whilst the normal track plays from the TV emulating what you get in the cinema. It would require running two soundtracks a the same time which might create syncing issues, but it if could be done it would be fantastic. Thanks. Watching films with other people is important and having them describe it is often not the best solution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hearing Aid Features on Win10 and Surface Pro

To include a ‘hearing aid’ feature option on Windows 10 and Surface Pro’s to seamlessly connect to hearing aids when using Microsoft Teams. This feature is already available on iPhones but makes conference & content sharing views difficult to see.

https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/hearing/

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base