Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Screen Reader of Narrator

Using Windows 10 Narrator.

I really like the Narrator feature but I don't need the full function of the "Screen Reader" or Narrator feature.

What I want to use is just the "What you hear when typing", I am very new to using computers and I love the
    "Hear words as you type"
    "Hear letters, numbers, and punctuation as you type".

Visually I can what on screen but have to look down on keyboards when I type.

I would like to be able to disable the Narrator function of reading on Screen and announcement when I change Window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow HID/USB devices' buttons to remap to game

All HID/USB devices' button to be re-mapped via XBox Accessory app, just like the switch inputs on back of Adaptive Controller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Zoomtext and Teams

Hi. I am a user of Zoomtext (latest version). I have always an issue when I write a message with Microsoft Teams. My Zoomtext stop to work. When I try to user the webapp of MIcrosoft Teams (for example with Chrome), there is less issue (but still issue).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep aside tabs

Bring back the function to keep tabs a side so that it is easy to manage sessions based on content being worked upon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamics 365 - Connections Function

Making "Connections" in Dynamics is generally a slow, contact by contact process. It would very helpful if you could select a list of contacts (from a search or similar) and the "connect" them all to a a specified contact in a single step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Work with MS to offer my Assistive Technology hardware and software

I have developed, since 1983, hardware and software to make PC's/Windows accessible to people with even the slightest control, to completely control their computer. I wish to get in touch with someone at MS that can help to allow me to offer my products in MS Store and online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. High contrast buttons for Xbox Elite Controller 2

I like the Elite controller, but the dark grey lettering on the black buttons is terrible. I had to have my controller modified to the proper coloured ABXY buttons so i can see them. i still cant see the labels on the little buttons. why do you not offer the option to get the coloured abxy buttons? or at least a high contrast version, not dark grey on black buttons. even just white letterings would be an improvement. i cant spend over 200 dollars on a controller i will need someone to take apart and modify so i can see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 216/5000 Teams: add your own pictogram base in Gif and emoticon. For example, for people with intellectual disabilities (Makaton langu

216/5000
    Teams: add your own pictogram base in Gif and emoticon. Example, for people with intellectual disabilities (Makaton language ...). Automatic transcription of words into pictograms would be even better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SAVED Caption during Team once it is done recorded - can reread/rewatch later with caption on

i am unable to find Microsoft team - Team meeting during the live needs to be saved with caption once it is done recorded.

Also I learned that while Teams has live captioning available for regular customers, it is not available for organizations like us who use the government cloud. That is something that needs to be improved

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve skype by allowing us to use a logo as a back drop for skype meetings.

Since people are working from home it would look more professional if we can include a backdrop with our logo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. to get the narrator to tell me things on the screen like press a to jump

Im dyslexic and want the narrator to tell me useful things that come on screen like press x to jump, and automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Xbox Series X Optical Port (S/PDIF)

Microsoft recently confirmed they will be removed the S/PDIF port from the upcoming Xbox Series X. I find this extremely disappointing. My wife uses a Cochlear Implant and we have relied on that port for a separate streaming device that streams audio directly to her hearing device. That allows her to enjoy the benefits of the console without having to mess with a lot of janky cables or settings. I cannot believe that Microsoft, who has been proactive in the area of accessibility, would have been this short sighted to not consider that there may be other applications for that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Great Edge update!

Thank you for the update, as the improvements are highly noticeable and almost extraordinary. I just hope that it stays consistent in everywhere that I travel throughout the World Wide Web!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Build Braille support directly into Narrator.

Braille support should be built directly into Narrator. This would make it significantly easier for people to get up and running with Braille just by connecting a display to the computer via USB. This would also provide the ability to use Braille during the Windows installation process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Prioritize Narrator over Cortana in the Windows Out of Box Experience.

After Windows is installed, the Cortana experience guides someone through setting up Windows for the first time. Unfortunately, Narrator is unable to speak while Cortana is speaking. It is necessary to wait for a pause in the Cortana dialogue to use Narrator. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable and should be changed ASAP! Narrator should always take priority over anything else because it is a vital accessibility service.

If Cortana is jabbering away, enabling Narrator or using any command should immediately silence it and let Narrator take over. Cortana is not an accessibility service, so I truly do not understand why…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. My General/Overall opinion of the Accessabilty Desk is that it is worthy of its weight in Gold or other precious metal. The Techs are :)

Spell Check needs another serious look. Fairly simple Words are overlooked as OK especially in Outlook.

The evidence shows when I submit an error to myself and then submit out to others, Spell Check may then catch some errors. So, the first scan fails and the second scan of the same document catches ONLY some additional errors but, NOT ALL.

1. Spell Check does Not check errors in the Signature text.

2. Signatures apparently are NOT Sync'd across machines on a network? Or, How to?

3. Contacts are NOT Sync'd to Cell Phone (Android) Device? Or, How to?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. give windows 10 the the display and personalization of windows 7

i am almost blind and windows 10 is not blind friendly windows 7 was fantastic for us blind people could you add bold text feature or made the display and personalization settings like windows 7? since the change from 7 to 10 on january 14th i am having a very hard time using my computer the magnyfier on the computer is not good it takes up to much of the screen plus you only see a small amount and moving it back and forth trying to read makes me dizzy with 7 i could use the computer just fine with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base