Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the surface pro cover to be used flat over the touch screen of the computer to look more like a tablet with a keyboard.

I have a Surface Pro 4 and would love it if I could use the cover flat against the touch screen. I am blind and do not need the screen 95% of the time. This would do several things:
    1. It would reduce the size considerably and make the device much more compact
    2. It would allow me to use the surface on the move without needing to do anything more than press the unlock button and move the pro onto my lap from my hip. (I would have it in a carrying case that has the front open so…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 4 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello George,

In response to your inquiry, we would like to know what you are using that could use greater language support. If you are using eh Ease of Access Tools in Windows 10 or any of the other accessibility tools, you’ll find that we do localize our products to support many languages.

We look forward to your additional feedback.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Des team

• Allow "focus follows cursor" setting for the full screen magnifier

The other option is that the magnification field moves continuously with the pointer. This is a great option because it allows me to zoom in on user interface controls, text fields, etc with ease, without having to move the pointer to a screen edge.

8 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us at the Disability Answer Desk.

In answer to your comment, we would like to know what version of Windows you are using. Are you using Windows 10, with the Ease of Access Tools, or are you using another version of Windows with the screen magnifier?

In the meantime, I’ll forward your suggestion on to our product teams, as this would make a great deal of sense for someone who is both visually impaired, but also has motor skill related disabilities.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• Make users more informed about File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar

The fact that almost any File Explorer Ribbon toolbar button, or group of buttons, be right-clicked and added to Quick Access Toolbar is poorly communicated.

I discovered this by accident a month ago, and the Ribbon has been around since Win8.0. Previously I thought the Q-A-T was limited to only the few button choices which appear under it's drop-down-menu at the end of the toolbar.

Tired of constantly changing to the different 'ribbon tabs' (Home, View) for different features, my Quick Access Toolbar currently looks like this:

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3060/OsOzTW.png

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve names of options in Word (eg themes, page number options etc)

In Word 2016, many features have non-descriptive options. For insance, when you choose page numbers then top or bottom of screen, the first few options are "Plain number 1", "Plain number 2", "Plain number 3" etc. Without looking at the image (which not all users can do), there is no way to tell that the third one is actually right aligned. Using a screen reader there is also no way to tell which ones are "Page X", and which are "Page X of Y" etc. It's also very hard to get any idea what the different header and footer styles…

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow VoiceOver on a MAC to access alignment information in the office apps

When pressing VO+T in office apps on a MAC to obtain font and formatting information, the alignment information is missing. This should be included to mirror other screen readers in Windows.

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• set names and colors on edge tabs, for accessibility and productivity.

Double click a edge tab and set a name and color, it would make it easier to tell what tab is what you need and help both disabled and enabled to do more.

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your suggestion. Can you provide some more specifics about what you are looking for, such as what Internet browser or application you’re using, gestures, keystrokes you’re using, etc. as well as what you would like simplified?

At Microsoft, we’re always interested and working to improve the user experience of our customers, especially those in the disabled community.

Feel free to respond to this thread, as we are closely monitoring the User Voice forum.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

1 2 32 33 34 36 Next →
                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base