Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. El reconocimiento de voz de windows

Por mi discapacidad (ELA (miembros superiores)) utilizo el Reconocimiento de voz de Windows en mi computador con Windows 10 Me siento realmente emocionado en poder utilizar mi computador con windows diez sin utilizar mis manos. Sería interesante que este mismo dispositivo estuviera incluido en celulares Nokia Lumia. OJALA!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to configure settings for certain apps or websites

In most other screen readers, there is a feature that allows the user to specify certain settings for certain situations. For example, you could create a profile for reading text which sets spoken punctuation to none and slows down the speech rate and/or changes the voice. When you're done with that specific task, you can switch back to your default settings. In macOS, these are called Activities while NVDA calls them configuration profiles. What ever you decide to call the feature, the idea is the same. Narrator should allow the user to create a group of settings for specific situations…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The bulgarian voice Ivan reads some latin characters as roman numerals

The bulgarian TTS voice Ivan from Microsoft reads some latin characters like I, V and X as roman numerals and not as latin characters. That includes not only capital characters (e.g. I, V, X), but small characters (e.g. i, v, x). I suggest that this behavior is changed so Ivan will read the latin characters as such and not as roman numerals. Because, here in Bulgaria we do sometimes use roman numerals for innumeration of some objects (e.g. the months of the year), but we more often than that use the latin characters as latin characters (e.g. as part of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change the Conversation Window background on Skype for Business back to white!

Black text on a gray background is MUCH worse for eye strain and visual disability sufferers. It makes the program unusable for folks suffering with this disability

Change it back to white, or better yet make the background color of the conversation window a user setting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Issue with sound output via the A2DP and HFP Bluetooth protocols

NOTE: I'm posting this here, because the described behavior affects accessibility in general and screen reader (with text-to-speech output) users in particular.

And now, here's the issue:
    1. Connect a Bluetooth headset that supports both A2DP and HFP (for calls with microphone) protocols and make sure that both protocols are enabled.
    2. While the A2DP protocol is used, launch Narrator. The bug can be reproduced no matter what sound is being played, but with assistive technologies like Narrator the seriousness of the issue is bigger.
    3. While Narrator is running with speech, go to Control Panel -> Sound. When the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Windows10 free for everyone. Keep it simple. Am disabled, got talked out of the Free download.

I have an energy deficit disorder. About to give up on the complexity and jargon of Windows and go to Linux if I cant get Windows10 free. It will not download when I tick assistive technologies box. Also I cant get into my microsoft account here and get sent round in circles. I feel like sending a snailmail as this is all so stupidly difficult.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove reports on XBOX systems it's getting out of hand

People don't deal with other XBOX gameplayers well enough to block them but just reports them instead who aren't being abusive or threatening
    I thought people were smart enough to block people if they don't want to hear from someone if they send a message on their XBOX account
    People probably send in more reports on people than blocking them and it ruins peoples gaming which could lead to people getting permanently suspended on XBOX Live for no reason

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For narrator, it might be a good idea to have announcements of individuals typing when in the skype moddern app.

When using the desktop client for skype with third party screanreaders, there is a notification when in a conversation window indicating when a user is typing. For narrator, as of right now, I do not see this feature and think it would be a much needed implementation in helping Narrator become the screanreader it should be. Love the work so far, however, and am looking forward to seeing more developments and new features!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Flag Windows store apps that are particularly accessible.

I don't want to purchase or even install a ton of apps only to find I won't be able to read their screens with narrator. Can Microsoft give apps that are especially accessible an award or something so I can search for just those?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Marketing and organization event

Raditi na promovisanju pripremljenih ideja na visokom sveobuhvatnom nivou.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. * PLEASE set up an email address for Bing ecommerce setup support? (Need chat alternative!)

* PLEASE set up an email address for Bing ecommerce setup support? (Need chat alternative!)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In Windows Ink Workspace, add centre of circle

In Windows Ink Workspace, please add centre of circle when drawing a circle (or arc) with protractor inking windows ink.
    This will definitely help Math teachers a lot. (and I have a feeling it won't take much effort. THANKS!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spell check in PowerPoint should check the spelling of alternative text

When running a spell check in PowerPoint it does not check the spelling of alternative text in the "description" field. This means that most alternative text is likely to be misspelled and poorly written with no oversight because it would not be seen by a copy editor . When alt text is misspelled it may not be pronounced correctly or translated into contracted Braille correctly. People with disabilities deserve to have alternatives that are spelling correctly just like everyone else.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The bulgarian voice IVAN spells out unknown words written in latin text

The bulgarian voice IVAN, available in the Windows 10 Insider Preview, spells (pronounces character by character) some words. In my observations, those are the words which are written in latin characters but are not strictly in english. For example - my name is Kostadin Kolev and IVAN spells it out character by character, instead of reading the two words as whole words.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The bulgarian voice IVAN pronounces some words incorrectly

The bulgarian voice IVAN, available in the Windows 10 Insider Preview, pronounces some words incorrectly. It inserts small pauses inside the words and it seams that it sometimes stresses the wrong syllables. It is hard to explain, unfortunately. But hear how wrongly it pronounces the word "интервал", for example - it inserts an unnecessary pause between "ин" and "тервал". This word is only an example and it is far from being the only problematic one. I haven't found a pattern (if there is one) for the words which are affected by this, unfortunately.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Great Accessibiltiy Team

I just want to extend my appreciation to Microsoft for having a team of professionals that provide outstanding support to those of us with certain physical issues. My Hard Drive failed and Microsoft Accessibility team stayed with me and took control of my computer and reinstalled W10. The technicians were friendly, understanding, and subject matter experts and I just wanted to publicly thank them. From an Idea POV, I think it would be a great marketing tool to offer one hour of free support to all authorized users; No one in the Industry is doing that and I think that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. que el servicio answer desk disabilty sea en el idioma de cada pais

conozco el idioma ingles, pero no se muchas palabras el significado...entoces resulta que al iniciar una conversacion o un texto no encuentro las palabras...por favor alguien me puede ayudar...gracias por leer este mensaje...ruego respuesta...jose.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base