Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Neuropathy Symptoms

Mouse that Dampens hands that shake. I have Parkinson's Tremor and have lost my sense of touch in both hands and feet. You cannot believe how frustrating it is when for example, you want to check a box. The cursor looks like it has been possessed and goes all over the place. I get it done but often wonder if you like my camera, cound come up with a stableation system in either the mouse and or software. I must type with one finger and have to aim at the keyboard to get the proper key. The talk to print…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • App Fonts & Visual Accessibility Design Options

I opened a ticket with Premier support and was told to go submit my comments and vote at https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293346-outlook-for-android/suggestions/8687848-edit-app-font-font-size-and-color-in-email. I was surprised it had so many votes, yet it was DECLINED and commenting was closed!

The only accessibility option in the Outlook for Android app is for contrast - which isn't that great. Our agency has many visually-impaired users with various levels of disability. They are unable to use email on their phones because there are no real accessibility options in the Outlook app and setting up their email in the native app isn't an option because we are…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Teams Chat

Please add the functionality that we had in Skype to Teams Chat. I am using an enterprise version. Skype did all these.
        > I want the groups to stay collapsed when I go back and forth to the chat function.
        > I want the ability to move/rearrange the groups and teams.
        > I want the ability to remove pictures.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• OBVIOUS COMMUNICATIONS DISCONNECT

Fore whatever reason, you repeatedly disconnect and disable my interconnected telephone line from your Microsoft Windows7-Professional O/S. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am disabled, and it is Vital that I have ready access to my telephone whenever I need to communicate. I am not of any one persuasion as to What Your Problem Is; DO NOT DISABLE MY TELEPHONE. fyi. I already spent my own money to configure an adaptive (out-sourced) program file, so that I would be able to have my own telephone to be able to "work with my Windows7-Professional O/S; is it not a violation of the ADA-1990…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• when we do a update make it so we can use our Nas Drive again

on Every update from microsoft ever since windows 10 came out
            everytime tyheres a update i cant use my Nas Drive till i can get someone to help me fix what the update has broken & most times ive had to pay someone to come out & fix the problems the update has caused ...... NOT Happy & Microsoft needs to fix this problem & with me on a disabitily pension sometimes i'm without a computer for weeks sometimes months till i can pay someone too fix what microsoft has broken

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Include a drag-and-drop setting in eye control

The windows eye control software is amazing, I'm currently using it with a Tobii tracker and it's made computer use much easier. However, one important feature that's lacking is drag-and-drop functionality. This would allow it to replace even more functions of a mouse

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Application/Window specific High Contrast

As an end-user, I would like to be able to enable/disable High Contrast mode at an application or window level.

There are some applications that I don't want High Contrast enabled for and others that I do. There are times when inverted color is better than high contrast but for a specific app only.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Word document tracking colors in High Contrast (and a bug)

Document tracking colors don't currently show up in High Contrast. Would be nice if they did.

Also, for some reason, some text in Word docs comes through as black so it can't be read in High Contrast mode. This shows up with text in the same paragraph with the same font styles that are visible.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Right Click in Documents should allow a NEW text file to be opened NO GOOD in my windows 10 DeskTop

Windows 10 DeskTop: It should be possible to replace the instruction for
                    Right Click in Documents which somehow does not allow NEW text file to
                    be opened.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• BOLD TYPE FOR OFFICE RIBBONS

The large type is quite an improvement for office ribbons at the top of the page but many folks with low vision have poor contrast perception. If there was an option to make the ribbon icons and letters in BOLD it would be a great help. Also when you send emails it would be helpful if a larger font and bold letters were used.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Re train your support tchs They are horrible! Only had one good experience in te last year. They are rude, don't always answer question. Th

Most of your support desk don't know anything about a mentl disabiltis. They don't speak english. I can't understand what they're saying! Don't ou screen thee people, or are they out of the country? Thet're rude and have no patience/ I feel stupid after I call them. There are always long periods of silence if I ask too many quesions. It's ridiculous I'm sorry to because it is such a great idea.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Windows 10 Lock Screen

Give users the option to remove the Date and Time from Windows 10 Lock Screen. It tarnishes my beautiful lock screen image.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • eliminating need to make further calls to tech support

I am happy that I was able to get outlook up and running, but if the tech went a bit slower and explained what they were doing, I might be able to set it myself when I get a new computer and not have to rely on their help to do it.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Outlook font

Please make it possible to automatically change the font on INCOMING Outlook email messages to a font that is the recipient's choice, rather than the sender's choice. This would make it so much easier to read emails sent in fonts or sizes that are difficult for some people to read (dyslexic could change all incoming mail to a particular font, or visually impaired could change font size to larger/particular color) without having to manually edit the formatting of each message.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows 10 High Contrast and Mouse Pointer Size/Color

When switching between normal and high contrast mode in Windows 10, the mouse pointer accessibility settings should not change.

Currently, I select the larger mouse pointer and inverted pointer color in the accessibility settings. However, when I switch between normal and high-contrast mode, the mouse settings reset to their default values.

Instead, mouse settings should not change when switching between normal and high-contrast mode.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Support contact

for over a year I have continually paid subscriptions to gain access to my PC and Xbox which are all unusable due to Microsoft having no basic method of contacting This idea will blow the micorsoft world apart when you click support you have a EMAIL link god how good would that be?
                                  Cant wait till 25th when I change to a PlayStation and a MAC

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• ADVISE WHEN Seeing AI app will be available on Android phones. Help near blind folks know if they must buy a new Apple iPhone? Or wait?

Aged near blind must have access to this terrific app. Must they buy an iPhone and scrap their Android device only to find out next day that Seeing AI is now available for Android devices. PLEASE - just let us know WHEN so that we can make intelligent decisions. Surely Microsoft can do better than "We're working on it". Thanks MUCH.

10 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • If you search for "Microsoft Feedback" the following page pops up. see in notes. it is a dead end to give feedback.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27932/windows-10-send-us-feedback

If you try to email in the upper right hand corner of the page it pops up an email with the link to this article in it. It is misleading.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• "quick access" in the file search system is laughably not quick.

maybe kick this one through a marketing team. the fact that it's called "quick" is infuriating.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• When you open a doc, exl, or any other application twice the window that opens shouldn't open over the previous window.

Note this is for dual monitor people.
                                          Example: I am working in excel and I tend to have 3 or 4 excel sheets open at a time. if I open a new excel sheet to reference sheet I am working on it opens covering the sheet I am working on. Why not on the other screen. toggle where it opens on the screen. with every app opened.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base