Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to edit "Other" on MS Forms

We are considering changing away from MS Forms to SurveyMonkey because MS Forms does not allow us to edit the text on an "Other" field.

We are a charity that uses MS Forms to understand our participants' experiences of our activities. We collect diversity data to ensure we're reaching a range of people and communities. Currently, our forms say things like "Male/Female/Other-please state". Using the word "Other" in this context is considered not good practice. But for some reason, MS Forms won't allow us to edit the word "Other". Please can you change it so we can edit the word…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Microsoft Teams in the list of Categories

On this Feedback Site include a Category for Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Teams - Type a New Message box

In Windows Desktop app (and possibly other Teams sites). Change the placeholder text for a new Chat message to include the Team & Channel or People the message will be sent to.

Without this, the problem is a screen reader user must tab to find the chat they are in. Even Ins+T for the Window Title does not tell the user the Chat they are in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. legacy like pdf reader

dear microsoft,
    for the last few years i have particularly enjoyed using the pdf reader on edge legacy to carry out some research.however since the update to the new version in June i have been unable to really do anything due to the poor quality of the new version. surely it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and integrate the old viewer within the new (or maybe perhaps keep legacy as a PDF reader rather then a browser), this is a particularly feature that is loved and used by many people and it would be very sad if it…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text to Speech Hot Key - Read Highlighted Text Only

Hi there,

I'd like to follow up about my inquiry to include a feature on Narrator to read highlighted text only by pressing a hot key. This feature does not currently exist, but instead, Narrator reads off all sorts of content which is distracting. I simply need to be able to highlight text, press a hot key, and have that text read without the distracting announcements that Narrator produces each time you switch windows, select content, etc. I work on secure computers that don't allow plug-ins or the adding of additional software to enable this capability, and would greatly appreciate…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding Bluetooth device, "Pair Device?" dialog bug

If I have text size set to 120% and add a Bluetooth device the confirmation dialog box is unusable. You can see "Pair Device?" but the Allow and Cancel buttons are not visible and can't be triggered with keystrokes, ie: Alt+A, Alt+C, Enter or Escape.
    I have to set text size to 100%, add the Bluetooth device and set text back to 120%.
    The dialog at 120% is only 1/3 the height of the same dialog at 100%. About 100px vs 300px.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Xbox One - Accessibility - Audio balancing for left-right

The Xbox One already provides a lot of features in terms of accessibility.

One feature that is missing in my opinion is the option to manually balance the audio for left-right. Many Microsoft devices (e.g. phones, workstations) already offer the opportunity to balance it yourself.

The reason i'm asking is that my own hearing is slightly impaired (25-30%) on one side (right) rendering headphones practically useless for many games. In my idea this is a relative simple feature to add to the accessibility options, making the Xbox One system more and more accessible to all members in the public, including…

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. calendar shades for alternating months

In old versions of Outlook it was easy to delineate between months. Now all the months have the same background color. It's too easy to accidentally make an appointment in the wrong month. Ask me how I know....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. video game interface for corrective exercises?

Hello,,,I am a pediatric physical therapist and work with kids with a range of disabilities. I think having some video game interface could be helpful in working towards some corrective exercises as a starter a program to help strengthen intrinsic muscles of the foot, exercises to help treat idiopathic toe walking...etc..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps

Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps without the need for high contrast mode? When I have a number of applications overlapping it is really difficult to spot where one end and another starts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. urgent : how do i get to review new xbox series x etc

i wonder if you can help me id like to review the xbox series x , i no there are a lot of different people reviewing this but i got a new disability where im losing the covering off my nerves , end result is ending up like stephen hawarkin, that how my partner discribes it. so

normally if you have cp it doesn't change. but and i no ive mentioned the loss of movement , voice etc, to you before when you worked for tobii dynavox. and i didnt get the help we both expected.

so now i have…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix "Hightlighted Text Effect" Now Present in OneNote While Using Windows High Contrast Setting

I use Windows High Contrast setting (black background, white text) to make it easier to see. I use OneNote daily for work and as of November 12, all text, even on old notes, looks like it has been highlighted. Background is still black, text is still white but the light-colored "highlighted text effect" makes the text hard to read. I've done nothing aside from opening OneNote this morning and this issue was not present yesterday. I've also restarted my computer to see if that would fix the issue and it remains the same. I just want to point his out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dyslexie font

Have you any plans to add the dyslexie font to your product fonts? While I realize its designer might want to retain some creative control, I would think the gain for him as well as MS even as a piggyback product would make it beneficial to at least talk. They have a web site, and there are several TED talks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. dictation bar Windows key + h

dictation bar is there a way to have the icon in the taskbar.so you don't have to move it every time it gets in the way.other than clicking the X and then when you want it clicking the Windows key + h.it's a little thing thatt I certainly will use Windows key + H and the move it when I have to because I can't spell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MICROSOFT WANTS ITS USERS TO STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER AND USE MICROSOFT EDGE INSTEAD. FOR ME I THINK THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA.

INTERNET EXPLORER IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER, EASIER & FASTER THAN EDGE. IT ONLY TAKES ONE OR TWO CLICKS TO DO MOST ANYTHING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER.
    SOME OF THE MANY FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON EDGE: 1. FAVOURITE BAR ICONS & ADDRESSES IN ONE CLICK. 2. FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS, HELP, AND ALL THE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH OF THESE MENU. 3.PAGE WITH THE OPTIONS TO SEND THE PAGE OR LINK THROUGH OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHICH GIVES EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE RECEIPIENT WHEN THE FIRST LETTER OF THE RECEIPIENT IS TYPED. MICROSOFT HAS MADE EDGE AS A REPLICATION OF GOGGLE CHROME…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. put live support back i am on the phone number 90. no one will call and i hope i do not get cut off

. why can't I get help from Microsoft. I'm 68 years old I was born in this country with a learning disability. I pay for Microsoft assure software support. That way I could talk to a live person and they took that away from me.There is no stores open did you notice that they tell you to go to help.support.com or Microsoft support. com Microsoft Lock me out of my account and I have to send paperwork to my attorney three days ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 10 second rewind button...

Not really an issue but a suggestion...I teach multiple students with Multiple Educational needs...many of my classes are recorded and I record tutorial, How to videos for my students. Is there a way to install a 10 second rewind within Stream? Many of my students would love to be able to rewind and watch demonstrations over and over as opposed to "guessing" with the bar at the bottom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using JAWS to modify or remove a style from ribbon

I'm using JAWS with Word. I'm trying to apply an organizational template to a document, as well as add new styles, modify them, and even delete one or two. I'm able to navigate to the styles menu in the ribbon. The only way to remove, rename, or modify the style is to right click to bring up a context menu. For some unknown reason, I'm able to bring up the context menu using JAWS commands, like JAWS + 9. This means I can't modify a style after I've created it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base