Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blind user not able to Join meeting on Microsoft Teams

My son is blind and is using Microsoft Teams for school now. He has figured out how to navigate around the Microsoft Teams app on his windows laptop using NVDA and the keyboard, but is unable to actually select the 'Join' button whenever there is a meeting. I've contacted support who just referred me to generic articles like https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-a-screen-reader-to-join-a-meeting-in-microsoft-teams-7f176bc8-68a8-4984-b9b3-ae907a8eaa69#PickTab=Windows, but we've tried everything suggested and nothing worked. My son is very used to finding how to access things using NVDA so it just seems like it's not possible now. Please do let me know if there are some secret…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. left click hold option for eye gaze

1. it would be great to have a left click hold option for eye gaze

2. and the ability to either dwell or click twice and have the button (such as a left click hold) to stay activated. and then dwell etc to stop the hold.

this would allow artists to have a natural and fluid drawing experience.

and the option to keep a button activated would help eye strain.

thanks, C

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello. I am a user of a screen reader living in Turkey. We want the Emel voice, which is used as a text-to-speech voice in Microsoft service

Hello. I am a user of a screen reader living in Turkey. We want the Emel voice, which is used as a text-to-speech voice in Microsoft services such as Microsoft Edge Chromium, Office 365, based on Azure, to be used in Windows screen readers. We find Emel voice more successful than Tolga Mobile voice. There is an excessive pause problem only in punctuation and at the end of the sentence. I think that is because it is server based. I think it will perform better if the Emel synthesizer is running on the device and integrated into Windows 10. Thank…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Supporting students

Without disclosing my disability I feel I have been let down by Microsoft.
    I am a student nurse who purchased a surface pro 4 in good faith from your company to complete my degree. It offered the majority of what I required for ease of access.
    Approximately 2weeks ago I began to experience flickering and ghosting on my system. I have also lost and corrupted some of my files for University.
    Following a diagnostic check from one of your team. They were going to replace my system as it has a fault with the equipment which was as a result…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. highlight option in the newest MS Edge update

Please bring back the highlight option in MS Edge. The new update only has the draw option. I had to install another software so that I could highlight the text in PDF files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Accessibility Improvements MS Teams inTablet App for Educational Use

My children are both doing remote learning using MS Teams on school-provided iPads. There are three critical improvements that are needed to improve accessibility for young children (but they would also greatly help other users such as those with disabilities and some elderly users):
    1) The user needs to be able to "pin" the toolbar to the bottom of the screen so it stays visible or, better yet, set that as a preference in the Settings. It's difficult for a kindergartner to get that toolbar to come up quickly enough to answer a teacher's question.
    2) The meeting host (i.e.,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found

Microsoft Magnifier "Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found"
    How to fix this?

Tried launching Narrator and it is working. I can choose different Narrator voices. It's the Magnifier Reader that is greyed out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include accessibility features for all Office versions

It is disappointing to discover that many if not most basic accessibility features are only available in Office 365. I hope that as future stand alone releases are developed that these features are not eliminated or reduced as a way of driving business to Office 365. I only have need of basic Office software and prefer not to use the online version or be locked into a subscription. Regrettably, I am forced to subscribe to Office 365 in order to access features like dictation, which is fundamental for how I need to work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Settings

a setting which lets your controller stay on even while inactive

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Please consider adding a compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that will allow plug and play accessibility for CH Products yoke and pedal accessories.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please include Verdana as one of the fonts in the immersive reader

Please include Verdana as one of the fonts in the immersive reader. I have a number of students I work with that have visual impairments. When given a Font Evaluation, inevitably they choose Verdana as their font of choice. This would be incredibly helpful to many persons who have a visual impairment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Child friendly Operating system

I would like to post an idea that can we have child friendly Operating system. So far, we have OS supporting all laptop. A child doesn't uses all the features/tools which are by default provided by the OS. If an OS provides the basic feature like Microsoft Office and a chat tool. If the current OS have the capability to disable the features which are not being used for the age group 4-12 years then it can also be a possibility.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like feed discovery in Microsoft Edge that was in Internet Explorer. It is the best Feed reader for blind people. easy to use

I would like the same control g shortcut and feed discovery reading view available in Internet Explorer made available to the Microsoft Edge browser . It works perfectly with JAWS . and allows me easily to navigate news and podcasts, I will be lost without it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Visual output on Windows Narrator

I would like to have a visual output of what's being read on the screen, much like Apple's VoiceOver or Android's TalkBack.
    It's super useful when developing for accessibility on the web, as that's a quick way to know what's being output by the screen reader without listening to it.
    This could be a setting you could have turned off by default to avoid having breaking changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ishihara Tests to create Custom Color Profile

I love to use Ctrl + Win + C to enable Windows' colorblind friendly mode, but how awesome would it be if we could take a detailed ishihara + color sliders test that could create a color profile for each of our monitors so we could have a customized color profile according to our vision limitations and abilities and some sort of color balancing that would compensate what we can't see and make us able to see the world a bit more colorful and closer to what normal people can see. As much as possible, of course, but it can…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug when we are using Narrator through Chrome

We are facing a problem when we use Narrator to read content via Chrome.

In Chrome, any HTML select control can be switched pressing keyboard up/down, also can be switched pressing Enter then use up/down.
    Once we start Narrator and make a HTML select control in focus, it does not work through keyboard up/down, we have to press "Enter" to display panel which contains all options, but it also does not work if we press up/down in option panel, it will close current panel and move to next section.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please make the whole of Word Accessible

I am completely blind and use JAWS and Narrator. Please make the multi-level list dialogue accessible. Right now, crucial parts of this dialogue are not able to be used either by Narrator or JAWS, in either Word 2019 or 2016. I can't navigate the list library because it's sset out in a grid whose rows horizontally wrap so that I can't tell where I am inside the grid. secondly, I can't use the 'include from level' feature when defining my own lists because you've made it a combo box which a screen reader cannot access. An edit spin box would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. need support email address for hearing impaired

M/S Support needs to provide an email address for those who are hearing impaired. I have no other way of reaching you and getting help on your products (your AI interfaces don't work)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base