Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Special Education Teacher opportunity to integrate Xbox into the world of education

As a special education teacher, I am constantly learning and improving to better benefit my students. At this moment in time, I teach a self-contained 'Ed' room. In this setting I am often faced with the question 'how do I get students engaged in a continuous manner and how can I give them ownership of their learning'.
    You see, most of my students do not see the point of school and would rather be at home engaging in preferred activities. After doing several observations, I have noticed that 100% of my students are encouraged, driven, and excited by electronics such…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Onenote

It's annoying that whenever you add a picture you cannot edit it, put it where you want, or put two pictures next to each other etc. I would just like some editing like there is for word and powerpoint. Even if there was just "crop" and "wrap text" it would be a lot easier to edit your notes to how you would like them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All day event area on calendar.

We use all-day events for deadlines. All-day event area should be shaded or somehow delineated from the rest of the calendar.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'm an ATP working with people with complex physical access needs. Can we please have Switch Access to Windows added to Ease of Access?!

While we all love Eye Control and the potential for unlocking people's Access to their computers, Switch and Scan is still a very common method for many users with significant physical disabilities for whom eye gaze technology is not suitable . It's also present and well executed in MacOSX , iOS, and recent Android builds - please add integrated Switch Access to the Ease of Access Center !

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upgrades to disability software

Every time I am forced to upgrade my OS and often the accessibility software I am using does not support the OS change. I end up having to buy both the OS and the accessibility software. I started way back with windows 3.1 (loved Netscape!) then 95, 98 and now 7 professional. Accessibility upgrades were required 3.1 to 95, 95 to 98 and 98 to 7 professional along with 3 desktop purchases. When is Microsoft going to stop busting my budget with upgrades?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What webinar platform?

On the accessibility webinar page at https://sway.office.com/ofnj0y3PT7dnqb0Z?ref=Link, perhaps it would be good to let potential participants know, in advance, what webinar access platform you use. So simple, yet not done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Function in GroupMe

It is very frustrating not being able to search GroupMe for specific keywords. Many university group projects communicate via GroupMe and it is useful to be able to reference back to past messages but without a search function this is near impossible. I am considering switching group projects to WhatsApp because they have this function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My feedback is about Narrator in Windows 10S.

Hello. I have recently been made aware that Microsoft Surface products Have begun shipping with microsoft’s signature secure OS, Windows 10S. This means that only applications from the Microsoft Store can be installed on these devices. I understand that for many years, Microsoft has relied heavily on its partnerships with screen reader manufacturers such as Freedom Scientific and NVDA. However, if Windows 10S is truly going to be the future of Windows OS, the time may be fast approaching for Narrator screen reader to become a fully functioning screen reader, able to be compatible with every native Windows/Microsoft program, as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Windows magnifier snap to pop-up alerts

Currently when using Windows Magnifier the magnifier lens stays where the cursor/mouse is positioned. If a pop-up message shows up on the screen it can be missed because that's not where the user's attention is focused. This is an issue using public computers, like at the library, where the "## minutes remaining" pop-up comes up in the bottom right of the screen. Ideal to have an option to select snap-to pop-up alerts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When I use the Microsoft office excel 2010 I was able to make the border of the cell selector for the program much darker and easier to see.

Please make windows office excel 2013 capable of changing the border of the cell selector so that it can be in a much darker thicker line that will be easier to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Just sent a simple basic question and Microsoft supported apps and subscription I currently pay monthly fee that I have keep active

Simply, I didn't waste my precious time that I have already wasted and paid over the average cost either and I paid for personally without any support from any organization or support group of any that I qualify to be a member and exceeding the standard of routine process or requirements of all and still am since I handled my basic question? Can I just convert this new pc back to windows 7 and install my chrome browser and apps that I have collected and am familiar and comfortable with using? I am a severe double sided TBI patient with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. document formatting with VoiceOver on iOS

VoiceOver with Word on iOS does not read formatting, such as underlined or bold text, line spacing, ETC. This would be a valuable feature for those of us who are working and need to work on documents on the go, in situations where formatting matters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need Mail Accessabilities like we use to have

Do something with the mail. Why doesn't Microsoft deal with the outlook mail and have all the extra that the previous email had like windows 7 etc?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to change cursor at the Paint 3D software, very much needed for vision impairment

The cursor at the Paint and Paint 3D is very hard to recognize for people with vision impairment We need an option to use an adapted cursor which the user uses with other programs, like Philip's Large Coloured Cursors. http://www.philip-henderson.co.uk/cursor.shtml

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alt text option for picture that can be added to signature in Microsoft Outlook.

Users need to be able to add alt text to pictures that can be added to one's signature in Microsoft Outlook. I have employees that just want to attach a digital picture of their business card. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Family - Screen Time

Hi, I would like to have a feature where I could give additional time to my child from the Microsoft Family home screen web site, without the need to have my kid request additional time via email.

Also, I would like to have a very granular time assignment possible outside of the predefined time templates (15, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours and 8 hours).
    Sometime I just want to give 20 minutes, but in the current model this is not possible.

It would also be nice to have the ability to stop any allotted time immediately via web site.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. At 82 years old and a polio survivor I wondered if I would survive replacing an email password. Mara help solve the problem! Horay!

For those of us who are 82 and Polio survivors, passwords are detrimental to our health. It has been known to cause systolic blood pressure of 150 and pain. I was just fortunate to have Mara to help solve the problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Magnifier hot key not working

The inverted color toggle on magnifier does not work with the hot key press of Alt+Ctr+ in the UK. I have raised this with the Disability Helpdesk and they are escalating the issue.i

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base