Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix your stupid controllers

Starts moving so quickly i nearly had a siezure it went so fast that i wanted to die go fix your xboxs or controllers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Stop using click here, or here for hyperlinks

I'm probably posting this in the wrong location but this was the closest forum I could find.
    I want to make an appeal to Microsoft's Accessibillity champions to run some internal training for the folk that prepare Microsoft's web page content and promotional emails. Please teach them how to write effective link text rather than using 'click here' .

Contextual text links have been a Web Content Accessibilty Guidelines (WCAG) requirement for a very long time now. And giving users an instruction to click something is not inclusive; mobile users tap, keyboard users press enter, etc
    I'm trying to get…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. banner

Windows Narrator Cannot read the Windows Interactive Logon Banner. Please update Narrator to read the Logon Banner in all supported Windows OS's.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better family controls

The family controls for screen time is a heavy hassle whn you have many kids registrered ( I have 3) I would like all a slider system, or quick allotment of time and days, with possibility to granting special time on given dates. The system as of today harkens to late 90ties and really bad. Having to delete old entries etc - please remove this time consumer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Windows 10 Dark Mode

Hi
    It's just a few suggestions about Windows 10: Dark Mode.
    It's better to ReDesign File Explorer in Dark Mode AND use More Attractive & Better Colors AND make the Texts (file names,etc) more Readable.
    Put Option to Set Dark Mode for Each Program (Settings,File Explorer,etc) Separately.
    AND a Schedule to set Turn on & Turn off TIME (Like Night light).
    I hope you think about these.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i am planning to provide the education to the to the disabled peoples

so i need some help from microsoft like personalised email address for the people to use that features

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It's harassment rather than access for those who actually use and need public access computers and Microsoft Office Suite accessibility. js

Title:>It's harassment rather than access for those who actually use and need public access computers and Microsoft Office Suite accessibility, especially if their own pc, computer, phone, or other essential device is vandalized and/or stolen.

It is becoming a problem that esteemed, retired, temporarily out of commission, &/or disabled established authority figures in Los Angeles have and currently are having a problem using the resources over which they expand, use, and develop the rules for and find/deliver the funds for the general and specific fund classes that are necessary for those resources to be used, to be distributed city-wide, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assistive Click/ Touch

I have mild Athetoid Cerebral Palsy and I take anxiety medicine and I suffer from involuntary movements and shaking from the following. I like this medicine and I don't want to switch medicines because my mental health is more important for me. I notice I keep clicking on items I do not intend to click on and it is frustrating. I will even close windows, tabs, or open extra applications that I don't want to use. Over all, I am thinking there must be a way to make life easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have an Easy Contact UK Email Address For Customers with Brain Damage... :)

Have an Easy Contact UK Email Helpline Address For Customers with Brain Damage PLEASE... :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have Neurological ie Memory/Thinking PROBLEMS Here in the UK.... :(

I have Neurological ie Memory/Thinking PROBLEMS Here in the UK.... :( Its Very Hard for customers Like us!!.... :( *We have Chronic \fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis & I'm 66 Years Old!!... :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cross-Shaped Mouse Pointer in Excel Spreadsheet is Small even when set to Windows Black Extra Large

I'm not sure if it's just my computers, but if I set my mouse pointer in Windows to one of the Large or Extra Large schemes, the mouse pointer is generally larger, except for several places in Excel. On the spreadsheet, the cross-shaped mouse pointer appears to be white and does not become larger when setting to any of the Windows Black schemes or the Large or Extra Large schemes.

If possible, could the Excel pointers be affected by these Windows schemes?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ReadAloud Feedback - Speed with Number Values and Access to Different Speeds in Edge

Hello,

I noticed that the ReadAloud speed slider varies in output between Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Edge (new or old browser). Would it be possible to have the higher speeds in Word to be available in Edge (to be used in PDFs and web pages).

Would it also be possible to add a numeric value to the speed to be able to know we're selecting a speed setting again such as 14.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spech recognition is almost useless in some windows such as Facebook, youtube home, speech recognition dictation etc

Spech recognition is almost useless in some windows such as Facebook, youtube home, speech recognition dictation etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Edge needs to have customizable 'new tabs' - This is absolutely ridiculous

Are we really living in a world where a non-bloated basic-functioning internet browser DOES NOT EXIST?

I was enjoying my first day on Edge until I realized I can't set what page my new tabs go to. Seriously? This is day-one stuff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Actions on several lines

Hello accessibility team,
    On Github, recently some actions on several lines at once have become available. For instance, a reviewer may select several lines and put a comment related to all of them; or to add a suggestion related to several lines at once to remove clutter in the commits by making commits number lower.
    As for now, this functionality is not accessible with screen readers.
    There are at least two possibilities on how to implement that:
    1. (Better) Make line numbers clickable toggle buttons or links. Scenario: When a screen reader user puts his/her cursor on the line number,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GitHub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How are we expected to use MS products if everything is going to icon based tools?

Microsoft has moved to a icon/picture based tool system that is like Chinese to many of us. Why can't we have text discriptions under the icons? I learned to read when I was 4 so I could stop looking at pictures. Now, my damaged brain does not interpret pictures. What is that icon that looks like an old school building? What are 3 horizontal bars? What is the circle with a line off the side? Is it the symbol for No gender? Can I get rid of the styles box? It is distracting my eyes as I look for the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Narrator control for Sticky Keys users

It would be helpful if the combination of Narrator and Sticky Keys allowed the control of Narrator for users who can only press one key at a time. i.e.tapping Caps Lock then tapping R should perform the Narrator Read Window command.
    This can be worked around by locking the Narrator key, but it requires unlocking again if the user wants to type some text - and the lock/unlock command of Narrator+Z cannot be entered one key at a time, so needs to be re-mapped to something like CTRL+\ to be accessed using Sticky Keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Shortcut for controller and narrater mode

Hi, I love the fact that narrater is on xbox but one thing I find really annoying is the double click shortcut to switch between narrater mode and controller mode. If you don't get the timing just right you either end up returning to the home screen or to the loaded app/game. It would be great if this shortcut was revised as it's also ergonomically awkward to access considering the amount one uses it in places such as Microsoft edge.

Thanks for all the amazing work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OCR on xbox

Hi, it would be fantastic if narrator gained the NVDA like ability of using OCR on visual text so that, with a certain button combo or in narrater mode, the printed words could be at least read out. A lot of blind gamers use their windows machines connected to their xboxes to do this. It would be good to remove the need for extra hardware.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)