Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support aria-rowcount and aria-rowindex

Currently, if I have a table like so:
    <table aria-rowcount=1>
    <tr role=presentation></tr>
    <tr aria-rowindex=1>...</tr>
    </table>
    Narrator will announce 2 rows instead of 1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop with those monocultural landscapes on your opening of Windows 10. I hate them all.

Ask a user whether they wish an image posted on their opening of their computer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. footer color contrast

At the moment I'm not sure it's possible to insert a footer in Word that is of sufficient colour contrast. Even when the footer colour is set to pure black there seems to be a filter over it that makes it grey with a contrast ratio of 3.9:1. Obviously, this is not sufficient to meet WCAG requirements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Highlighting Colours

Hello, I am a frequent user of Microsoft word and have recently realized that your selection of highlighting colours is quite limited. I am suggesting you should included a wider variety of colours such as an orange or even some pastel variety similar to what are available on Microsoft one note. being a student i am often having to highlight documents and am constantly limited with my selection of highlighting colours as you do not provide a simple colour such as orange. I think this would be an easy addition to your program and would assist many students like myself…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make the dictation tool more accessible

When i use the dictation tool, there is no way I can switch it off and on using my voice. I can activate it, but once the bar is up there its not very user friendly. new paragraph

for example, I cannot correct my work or use any useful commands as you can see above.

Please could you make this tool as diverse as windows speech recognition? Wsr cannot be used in every situation and on every site. I'm having to use the dictation tool to do this, and it's very hard work! There needs to be more work on…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Idea Windows 10 2004

I think if is possible a new redesigned UI with rounded borders when using an app like Windows 7 but without transparency effects because i like cube-style but it's more modern with rounded borders

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi I’m Patrick Lafleur and I’m in a group home called nova salus

Hi, I’m in a group home called nova salus https://www.novasalus.ca/
    My dr is dr Jose mejijia. At the iwk https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/department-sites/psychiatry/our-people/faculty/jose-mejia.html

I was born with ticks and turrets. It’s a movement that you can’t control. If you still don’t now what that is. Look it up on mental health. I have a YouTube channel, that inspires people on what they can do with a disability and moving forward. I would like an Xbox to show people and not just show, to inspire people what you can do with the power of the Xbox. Thank you so much for reading this. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChndT1pE7YxO-fZoeQVmnfg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to take notes in LinkedInLearning sites while reading subtitles

In Linked in Learning,I can't take notes while reading subtitles.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Narrator doesn't support Youtube or Netflix

Narrator isn't compatible with Youtube or Netflix on the Xbox One. When you try to navigate either app using narrator, there is just no response. Both services have screen reader support for every other platform I've encountered and it would be great if we could use these apps on the Xbox too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The "Email accessibility help" button to email the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk is not working.

I have a question that I wanted to send to the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk but on their web page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/enterprise-answer-desk) the "Email accessibility help" button does not work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Changing the Edge browser visited link color

The color choices for visited and unvisited websites is barely distinguishable in most browsers. Many browsers allow you to change the color of visited websites so they become clearly distinguishable. Unfortunately, Edge does not seem to provide this feature.

Please provide a simple way for the user to quickly customize colors in Edge for visited and unvisited websites. Ideally, this setting would override individual website settings if they interfere with the custom user settings.

This problem has persisted in browsers for so many years that is is inconceivable it has not been adequately addressed. Who in the world continues to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. you should allow filter keys to be applied to the on screen keyboard.

you should allow filter keys to be applied to the on screen keyboard. to help people that suffer from dystonia use it with greater ease as they are often unable to use a standard keyboard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the Teams transcription tool

Please fix the transcription tool in Teams! It garbles sentences and inserts bizarre words into the transcripts of Teams meetings, making it useless as an accessibility aid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Layout options modern websites

Hi,

Can you please have an option to view your products as a list, or more smaller icons on one page. I have multiple conditions affecting my executive function, Autism being just one of them, and I get overwhelmed having to continuously scroll.

I never used to have this problem as online stores and websites used to have these options. Unfortunately modern websites seem to be getting rid of them so like many things in this modern world, I haven't changed, but the way information is presented has therefore being just one more item in a list that makes day…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hotmail Account Recovery Process is Unreasonable

My hotmail account, all the sudden, was blocked by Microsoft on May 22.

I was told that there were unusual activities being detected in my account and I was asked to complete an account recovery process which includes a verification procedures. During the verification procedures, I was able to answer my first security question and provided email addresses and subject line of emails that I sent before my account was blocked. However, the system came back and said they still could not verify my identity. Hence, I was not able to access my hotmail account.

It is so frustrating that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Screenreaders do not read search results when typing in the search box in win 2004.

Hi, screenreaders do not read search results when typing in the search box in windows 2004 and there seems to be no way or configuration to make them do so. Also, it is very difficult to stop screenreaders from reading day, week or year expanded in the downloads folder. This should now be the default in windows installation. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base