Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How am I supposed to learn how to use OneNote with all of these undefined icons?

How do I use OneNote if you do not have a tutorial for understanding it? When I create a note, how do I make sure the text is saved?
    What do the stupid icons mean. the squiggly line?
    What do all of the microscopic icons mean?
    Whoops, Now I have red lines. How do I get rid of them?
    I need something like OneNote to help with my memory disability and visual processing disability but it is so difficult to use.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Action this person's feedback

https://twitter.com/shazza59/status/1212112378764021760?s=21

They made the effort to leave it, don’t ask them to jump through hoops, ta

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. disable touchpad of labtop

Hi, please add a feature that can disable touchpad to avoid movingmouce cursor when a blind user is working with his or her computer. I suggest that make a separate app so, all windows users can use it. best.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to type anything in <input> of type=number with Narrator

I am using <input> element of type=number, so that user will enter only number in textbox. It works as expected but when I start Windows Narrator and Open Edge browser then I am unable to type anything in it.

Please refer this to repro : https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GCS94YRVGH5D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom tool scalability

As a low vision individual, I've used the magnifier since the days of XP where I had to open the command box and type "magnify". I do like the newer "Windows-+" hotkey, but I wanted to suggest a way I use in other Operating systems. I use the Gnome desktop in Linux almost exclusively because the zoom feature allows me to designate a hotkey and use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. It allows for quicker access and makes it easier to vary the zoom level. Hotkey+wheel up zooms in level by level and hotkey-wheel down scrools back…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hearing Aid Features on Win10 and Surface Pro

To include a ‘hearing aid’ feature option on Windows 10 and Surface Pro’s to seamlessly connect to hearing aids when using Microsoft Teams. This feature is already available on iPhones but makes conference & content sharing views difficult to see.

https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/hearing/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add Sound control panel back to the icon. It's less convenient to access it through the "Open Sound settings" window

Please add Sound control panel back to the volume icon. It's less convenient to access it through the "Open Sound settings" window.
    I use this feature many times a day and I don't like the change

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hello - I'd love to see a version of the Microsoft Learning Tools availability chart that is accessible to a screenreader.

I love the Microsoft Learning Tools availability chart and would love to find a version of it that is accessible to a screen reader.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Windows speech recognition and other accessibility issues for Microsoft Edge

I am a quadriplegic and I use windows speech recognition. It has worked very well for me on Internet Explorer but there are starting to be too many compatibility issues for Internet Explorer on the sites that I use. I've started trying out Microsoft Edge and I like it but windows speech recognition doesn't work nearly as well with it as it does with Internet Explorer. The ability to correct dictation mistakes is much more difficult on the new browser. My question is, why doesn't windows speech recognition work the same on both Internet browsers? It would be incredibly helpful…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. windows one core voices are misbehaving at all in all slavic languages. English language is trying to be pronounced like the original

please fix the following issues in the croatian and polish one core voices:
    1. make the dictionaries togglable, so that they can be turned on or off.
    2. please tur off all english readout for the slavic languages, polish, croatian, czech,
    4. fix the pronunciation of the letters q w x when in a word, now these are omitted.
    In the future, who can i contact to give feedback to one core voices? Users cannot use these voice in a daily use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Soundscape + Minecraft Earth = Blind Friendly Minecraft

Just trying out Minecraft Earth and I'm being reminded of the scavenger hunt I had at CSUN 2019. Microsoft, I think if you are able to implement both of these together, you may have a game changer plenty of pun intended.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In Copilot - disable controller buttons and/or map multiple buttons to the same function

I'd like to request the ability to disable controller buttons or map multiple buttons to the same function while using copilot.

First off - I believe copilot is a wonderful concept. But, in certain situations it is limited by having a complete 1 to 1 correlation between each controller. If we were able to simplify the secondary controller by disabling buttons or alternatively mapping the same function on multiple buttons I believe we would be able to expand the copilot function to a broad user base.

As it is, my son does not posses the fine motor skills to hit…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Vibration motors

My son uses the adaptive controller, which is absolutely amazing by the way. The only thing that is really missing is the rumble force feedback that you get from regular controllers. It would be awesome to have a separate pack that had the rumble motors in it that you could Velcro to your arm or Wherever so you could feel the shots being fired from your gun. My son uses a proximity sensor so there is really no tactile feedback at all and I think if there was a way to introduce the feedback you get from the regular controllers…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. On blueray player, allow different audio tracks between xbox controller and tv speakers for purpose of personal audio description

Hi, it would be amazing, using the blue-ray player on xbox one s, to have the audio description soundtrack playing through headphones plugged into the xbox controller whilst the normal track plays from the TV emulating what you get in the cinema. It would require running two soundtracks a the same time which might create syncing issues, but it if could be done it would be fantastic. Thanks. Watching films with other people is important and having them describe it is often not the best solution.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bite Switch

Hello, I am a disabled person who cannot use his hands. I need special apparatus to use a computer. The most important of these is the bite switch. But now there are only 2 bite switch manufacturers in the world. These bite switches are unfortunately not durable. Breaks down very quickly. This is a big problem for us. Microsoft has carried out many important projects for the disabled. Can you make a durable bite switch for us? Maybe it may not be important to you but it is very important for us to socialize

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Coppy Apple, and make a magnifier that works for users!

Windows 10 magnifier doesn't work.
    It needs to change drastically. Copy Apple and Google, and make the magnifier smooth, intuitive and fast!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Idée

Bonjour pour le nouveau navigateur il faudrait qu il soit 100 personnalisable avec des thèmes et il faudrait des extensions Facebook insta et peu être wathapp

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. banner

Windows Narrator Cannot read the Windows Interactive Logon Banner. Please update Narrator to read the Logon Banner in all supported Windows OS's.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for "Never" Option on Reminders

There is no option to have "never" as a reminder for a default setting. This is very frustrating because I have to go into each individual event and say that I don't want a reminder. As a person who uses their calendar as a planner as well as a schedule, this is very frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base