Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Product security is very complexity. But, useless

MS have so many product.
    But, everyone has his security system.
    And It is hard to change login.

Ex. window and office

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get real people with real feelings behind your prod. not Avatars w-no soul

allow the customer the benefit of doubt, when trying to load Internet Explorer11 for my windows 10 O.S. I keep getting message that it's a part of win 10..... Do this, Do that,.... Dugh! I would not keep trying to download it if it were there! I understand it should be there, however M.S.Edge/ I.E. FREEZES up here... So my Idea... Listen to those who has bought in to your company / products & BTW an app to download that one could use to mimick XP or 7 os would be a smashing idea..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video demos of egornomic mice at the MS store

I want to see how people use the mice at MS store. I am used to traditional but have severe arthritis and need to change to a different type of mouse. If you want to sell, why don't you show how the mouse works in a human hand?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ขอคำปรึกษาหน่อยคับ

เรื่องมีอยู่ว่า
    ผมลืมรหัสผ่านอีเมล์ แล้วอีกอย่าง ผมเปลี่ยนเเบอร์โทรศัพท์ ซึ่งมันเป็นเบอร์ที่ผมลงทะเบียนไว้ ปกติเค้าจะไห้เรายืนยันทางโทรศัพท์ ที่นี้ผมไม่มีอ่ะ
    พอจะมีคำแนะนำไหมคับ

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the braille onscreen keyboard of iOS accessible with outlook and Word

If I write a new E-Mail in the outlook APP for iOS, I often use the on screen braille Keyboard from Voice Over in the rotor. This work fine, but in the body edit field, it isn't possible to flick right to enter a new line.
    If i Write with this keyboard in Word, every seccond letter isn't spoken from Voice Over, if I write "hello", Voice Over will only say "h l o".
    Could you please fix these problems? In other fields, like in the notes App, there aren't souch problems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Microsoft is committed to accessability" So why don't you have a plain and simple site: "Contact Microsoft" where we can "CONTACT" yu

I have to make hundreds of labels in Windows and in Excel, and it would be ideal to have a dotted outline of the individual labels on each applicable label sheet so we can see EXACTLY where the printing will be situated .....
    I spend ages trying to position the print so that it will fit exactly on ALL the labels and not be out of alignment.
    Thanks.
    Patrick.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. build language translator into webpage so users can click on recieve and transmit and specity language to use for each setting

problem of language barrier build in translator so receive and send messages can be translated by computer for each user so language barrier could be eliminated or mitigated to minimal interference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scholar Developer Microsoft Certification idea

Schools all over the world has programming as a subject and make use of different programming languages.
    I think Microsoft with visual studio and C# ; .Net has a golden opportunity to get involved with schools like here in South Africa, making and creating junior C# etc Certified Microsoft Developers already at school level. The possibilities are endless. The student can write the school exams and at each year end write a Microsoft Certified exam, example: grade 10 Microsoft Certified Junior Developer Level 1 (MCJD1); Grade 11 MCJDII; Grade 12; MCJDIII. This will enable young people to add some ability…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Text Size Settings in the MSN News App

As monitors get larger, it's become extremely important to make sure apps have text size settings for those with poor or low vision. A higher resolution screen produces overall smaller elements at its native resolution. There have been a number of threads in the News app section of the Feedback Hub asking for a text size setting. They have been overlooked by Microsoft, or worse, ignored. Readable text is Accessibility 101. We shouldn't have to spend two years begging for this. And it's not something that would be difficult to implement. It's beginning to appear that Microsoft has a bias…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Braille reading and editing modes

When using a Braille display, we have two main uses of the display. Reading entails using spacial information and formatting. Editing is more able to show accurate, print layout information with formatting in a print manner. When reading, headings should be close to the center of the Braille display's width. When editing they should be shown symbolically, like (H1). When reading, italics should be shown using Braille formatting depending on the Braille output table and language. When editing, they can be shown with print indicators, like (I) (end I). The same could be done with separators on web pages, and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. offer limited people the same options you offer able bodied people.

To fix the issue microsoft itself created, a difficult trip to the store or mailing in my lifeline/laptop and being without it for an undisclosed length of time are the only options. Microsoft does not adhere to ADA laws, it does not have the ability to do things over the phone that it can supposedly do in the store, therefor it favors and offers more for able bodied people than disabled people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MICROSOFT FEEDBACK 13 4 18 Case Reference #: 1422150974 dejamash@aol.com Despite waiting days without my PC and then waiting in all day a

MICROSOFT FEEDBACK 13 4 18

Case Reference #: 1422150974
    dejamash@aol.com

Despite waiting days without my PC and then waiting in all day and evening the LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING LIAR DI NOT EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO CALL .. I HAD 1 CALL FROM 0016477571868, AROUND LUNCHTIME. MUCH EARLIER THAN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL, BUT EVEN SO, I KEPT SAYING " HELLO, HELLO, HELLO " AND HE PUT THE PHONE DOWN. SO IF THIS IS YOUR NUMBER, THE ONLY CALL FROM IT WAS HOURS EARLY, WHICH WAS NO PROBLEM, BUT THE LIAR DID NOT SPEAK AND THEN HUNG UP.....…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Help with the ability to turn off Ease of Access which is holding my screen *******.

In the Blog there I have been several attempts to solve this problem. However over the years, the links must have been changed because I was able to change to a theme background from the unwanted High Contrast Black, but everthing is surrounded by black with inverted letter colors which are giving me ocular migraines.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to edit incorrect OSM POI (point of interest) data in Soundscape.

Since Open Streetmap is a community-driven mapping product, it would be very useful if the Soundscape app allowed a user to correct the details on an existing point of interest or add new POI data. I have not found an accessible way to do this as a blind person.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create & make available 100 individual audio files saying "slide 1", "slide 2", "slide 100"

Blind user of PowerPoint desires to be able to know what slide is being presented to an audience, and whether or not the next slide has advanced correctly, or advanced too many slides. PowerPoint allows for the insertion into a slide, of an audio file ("slide 3", "slide 4", "slide 100") which can "autoplay" upon the slide be opened. This will announce to the blind PowerPoint presenter which slide is currently being displayed to the audience, and allow the blind presenter to know whether or not the correct slide has been advanced to. Some individuals would be able to record…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft should launch an insider program for testing text-to-speech features and fixes in Cortana and OneCore speech engines

Text-to-speech may never be perfect, but why not make it as perfect as possible? Not everyone uses Text-to-speech, so only a few people will be focusing on those features. I propose that an Insider branch be opened for users to communicate directly with the Text-to-speech team, and for the team to send out features and fixes to be tested and commented on by the users. These users aren't just a few who may upvote this issue, they are plenty who use Narrator, Microsoft ReadAloud, and other assistive technologies which use the Microsoft Speech interfaces. In closing, Windows should not only…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please I need a phone number

Why isn't there a large print phone number to call the Disability Desk on the first page?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base