Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how about allowing the public (read that customers) to view and post comments to articlss on msn. Blocking = the opposite of allowing access

How about restoring the ability to view and share opinions on articles published on msn. If an article is intended to share information or invoke some thought process, why then not allow those reading it to share views and opinions. Have yet to receive an explanation of what is the desired result is which is behind this action. What possible benefit could come from people expressing their thoughts or sharing opinions and ideas as they relate to any given article.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow paste into skype uwp keypad during calls

Skype desktop app allows you to paste in both the number you are calling and any pin codes you need once connected; the windows store skype app doesn't let you paste into the dialpad in a call so you have to type out long conference calling codes by hand, much less convenient!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Small Wireless Xbox Controller

A smaller version of the wireless Xbox controller for those of us with smaller hands and with less thumb mobility.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. You must provide a way of turning off flashing adds.

AdChoice has flashing adds. This can cause seizures for those who have epilepsy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi guys do not understand support team!

Hi I was just wondering if you had a phone number I could get for Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop. In 95 we bought the house spring of 96 I was going to cut down the Dutch elm,long to short,was thrown 62’things were OK till I hit the ground,squashed most disks broke 9 vertebrae. I think that I am on computer #5 all were Microsoft .In 96 we got hacked, email or phone me I want to get this laptop up and running, going on 6 Mos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hey!

Would OneNote be able to create a feature for me and everyone else where you can color code a page to mark as priority? You can even use yellow, green and red :)
    Here's a screenshot I took for a better idea of what I mean!
    https://imgur.com/a/DtekA

I just couldn't make it a colored highlight, since I was just holding a page and timing the screenshot for demonstration. But if you can make it permanent and with color, that'd be awesome!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. get the defender team to make defender stop quarantining the speakDropbox.exe screen reader interface I wrote this app, it's not malware.

speakDropbox is something I wrote that reads allowed the status of the popular Dropbox file sharing application as seen on the system tray. When Dropbox says it's downloading files, speakDropbox speaks that allowed, etc. It can speak using SAPI5 or via most screen readers. For the past 14 days or so it has been getting flagged as malware and is being deleted from everyone's computers. I submitted it for further analysis via the provided form for false positives with microsoft security. The page reports that speakDropbox.exe has no malware in it, but it continues to be deleted by Windows Defender.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ransomeware and EDGE

FLOTUS IQ comparison ad in EDGE led to a Ransomeware Attack Monday April 2, 2018 - the message included {Microsoft reporting that your computer has a problem) and BTW, I shouldn't have to spend so much time looking up where to report an obvious oversight by you folks - please do something about these parasitic rats who prey on people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. let me email for support

I hate your chats and my issue isn't fixed after two tries

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make a new feature in mobile

I suggest you to make a mobile that can be used directly from charger just like laptop (we can use laptop without battery )

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extend Skype Translate to Group Chats so the Deaf can Read What is Being Said

There is no current solution for a blind person, a deaf (but can speak) person, and a paraplegic (can speak, but can not type quickly) person to telecommunicate. Skype Translate could solve this. Skype translate turns speech into text of another language displayed on the screen. It only allows two people to use this function at a time though. I propose that Skype Translate be extended to allow larger group chats for this purpose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make all quizzes in microsoft rewards accessible to screen readers

Plenty of blind people are unemployed. Microsoft could easy that a little. Microsoft rewards is a fantastic program where using bing, Microsoft Edge, and completing tasks on the Microsoft Rewards site gives the user points. 1000 Microsoft Rewards points is about equal to a dollar, and those points can add up to a five dollar Amazon gift card, Dominoes gift card, or even a Microsoft Store gift card. There are also sweepstakes for an XBox or Surface device. All these can be frustrating to a blind user when quizzes designed to give users more points are not able to be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rather than go through the pretence of trying to treat disabled people with respect, Microsoft needs a UK support email address

The Skype support team have augh at disabled people by promising to get back to us with a new password and then ignore us. Microsoft can disempower disabled people even more plus give UK staff a good laugh if you have a UK email address British disabled people can use but are then of course completely ignored by Microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to get real time notifications when updates and changes are made to Office

The developers are always changing things and this makes things very hard for people with disabilities when we do not know about changes that are made; so, Develope an Automatic Notification for only what you have changed so we will not worry that someone or something messed things up for us...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Try working with someone who has both arms and legs amputated

Hi, I'm an occupational therapist in Reno, Nevada, a professor at the University of Nevada, Reno, and an entrepreneur working to start an adaptive clothing and equipment company. I am excited to see that you have a section of your site dedicated to accessibility. My son recently dowloaded $570 dollars of virtual gaming purchases without my knowledge. I called your help center and you refunded me $499, I wanted to thank you for your forgiveness in this matter and ask for your help in turning a negative situation into one that inspires and supports young people and people with disabilities.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speak toa live person without wait time - some from U.S.

See above and
    apply to people with mental illness.
    and what is slimline. no explanation no help screen.. No contact no.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Creating Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10

I would like to share my opinion to install Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10. There are many people in my city who doesn't speak english very well mostly elders. I want Kasaragod Malayalam language to be installed because my Mom and Dad are from my native place they don't know to speak or understand english. I just want to show them that computer can clear all their doubts for manythings and daily uses and them using it. And that's my only desire people to use for their every importance and learning. Your company will become the best.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base