Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft.com Navigation

This probably isn't the best place for this but I just wanted to tell the web developers of microsoft.com, THANK YOU!!! Finally a site with some beautiful options to navigate! I love the "all microsoft" mega menu button and I LOVE the site map! This is a great user experience for ALL users disabled, young, old, etc. It is also great for SEO and accessibility and it is out of the way for those who would rather follow the newer "pathways" strategy of web marketing. I am a developer and my company is trying to 'get rid' of our navigation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow setting for Surface pen so that if I want to use it to write in web browser I can write without having to hold the button down.

If I want to write on something within the browser (like to grade an online assignment), I have to hold the button down, since the default pen function is to use it to scroll. Can there be an option where we decide which function (scroll or write) is the default? It's almost impossible to write or draw while holding down the button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resizable Eye Control Keyboard

The Eye Control on screen keyboard is too big, it covers half of the screen. Would it be possible to add a setting to change the size of it? Or, ideally, can it detect where the text cursor is and automatically rearrange things so the text box is still visable? Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eye Control - Eye control Keyboard (more languages - Greek preferably)

The eye control keyboard is in EN-US keyboard only. More languages please (Greek preferably)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Office 365 Accessibility

Outlook 365 needs separators to the right & left of "save & close" so I won't accidentally select delete and lose work I NEED. Also, Calendar needs the name of the current day in bright Yellow so it stands out from other days in thw week of month.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Company should be able to be reached by emails from disgruntled customers with disabilities.

I personally purchased a Toshiba Laptop with a CD player and Ten Key for my online schooling then became disabled and had to stop going to school online. I also purchased Office 365 for an additional 120.00 dollars. I got the computer home, now mind you this was in 2013, I tried my best to install the office program and to this day in 2019 it is on the computer I purchased and I still cannot get in it came with several months of Office 365 free. My point is, I cannot get into the program to take advantage of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The auto or the interpersonal touch does not work. When i present a problem the automated system could not help and NOTHING WAS EVER RESOLVE

More people instead of a automated system. You can't fix difficult problems when they arise. I can not get on my XBOX.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As an individual with Vision issue, I have serious concern regarding the setting of magnifier option in the Microsoft Webmail . Its current

As an individual with Vision issue, I have serious concern regarding the setting of magnifier option in the Microsoft Webmail . Its currently set to 100% by default. And it only has the following listed magnifier ranges 25%, 50%,100% (Default), 150%,200% and 400% respectfully. In my opinion, customer should have the ability to set his or her magnifier range which can be any range depending on one’s vision issue. Please, consider removing this default setting to allow the ability and flexibility to set to any magnifier range for example 115% or 120% or more depending on one’s vision comfort. Thank…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. disable auto-hide of touch keyboard when usb/laptop keyboard is pressed

it's useful for typing in secondary languages to look at an on-screen keyboard. Macs do it. its possible to use image files but this would be smoother and at a system level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to Find Musical Symbols Using Microsoft Word

Dear Sir or Madam:

I went to the "Symbols" section on Microsoft Word; and I have had trouble finding musical symbols, like notes and clefs. Do you know any commands that will help me find musical symbols on Microsoft Word? If you have the answers, please let me have the exact instructions. In other words, list all of the exact commands, listing the buttons to press on a computer.

After you get all of the instructions, please send the information to me as soon as possible.

I thank you in advance and hope to receive your correspondence.

Best regards,

W.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am a stroke survivor. Can stroke adaptive technology be added as video games. A device created that aids in stroke recovery for limbs.

Develop a game and device for stroke recoveries. Repetition is monotonous. Making a video game would be awesome. My right hand and arm need fun exercise.
    The brain after a stroke needs stimulation. Now it is 4 years later and I can play online games. I want an Xbox. I will wait for your controller. I can only use my mouse.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sway accessibility

I wanted to share the information about the MS Accessibility Learning Webinars Series but the information is on something called Sway that does not appear to follow standard accessibility guidelines and doesn't even work on my Chrome browser correctly. Do you have the information on a "normal" website that I can share with people with disabilities? The mouse scroll that I use on my computer does not work with Sway.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I am on the autistic spectrum and am having considerable difficulty recovering my password due to how complex and limiting your system is.

Let me be able to deal with a person or contact directly without having to log into my account, as this is the very problem I am having so the system seems broken. Make it easier to recover passwords/access accounts and don't block people out of them for attempting to recover multiple times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Narrator support for Google Chrome

Hi it would be really helpful if Windows Narrator was made accessible for Google Chrome as a lot of people have their data saved in their Google account and it is a lot easier to keep your info synced across all of your devices e.g. your android phone and PC and Chromebooks. I would like to see Narrator work the same way in Chrome as it works in Internet explorer. I would also appreciate if you allow scripting for Narrator as it does not work with companies own programs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop sending me the ads - I on purpose will not shop from them

Stop sending me ads - I on purpose will not shop at those places

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enlarged Text and older Windows programs

The enlarged text facility is brilliant but unfortunately does not seem to work on the old windows things like Control Panel. Very frustrating. I also find no matter what settings I use browser apps just simply ignore these "system?" settings and of course content providers in terms of web pages are a law unto themselves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Advice regarding the options for sound devices.

I recently got a headset with a mic and really struggled to get the mic to work. I was able to hear audio just fine but when I tried skyping with some friends, no one could hear my voice. For a long time, I thought I made a mistake perhaps by plugging in the mic in the wrong port, or there was something else at fault.

It turned out that I needed to boost the volume of the MIC in the property options under the recording tab for my MIC in the Sound window. I had gone to this screen…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to set up someones preffered disability settings when sending an email to them

My daughter is visually impaired so she needs to have text in size 24 and Arial Black but I need to manually amend my email to these settings each time I email her. I therefore think there should be a way of setting my settings for an individual i.e. if I know Holly needs in size 24 and Arial Black whey can’t my O365 remember that and when I put here email address it does it not automatically set these settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow mapping of Xbox Adaptive Controller Inputs to Keyboard Buttons

The Xbox Accessories app only provides the remapping of Xbox Adaptive controller buttons to other Xbox Adaptive Controller buttons.
    Requesting the ability to remap the Xbox 'A' button to keyboard 'Enter' button. Xbox 'B' button to 'Spacebar', etc. There are third-party applications (e.g. reWASD) that provide this function, but that injects an unnecessary and less trustworthy layer between the user and the software.

Background:
    Without this feature in the Xbox Accessories app, the new controller cannot be used with all of the existing disability enabled software applications built to use keyboard inputs (those typically relay on the Enter / Spacebar…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. portrait video

Ability to change video orientation from landscape to portrait mode

As of the latest version of Skype 8.42 there's no option to do this at all. You could only make this happen outside Skype using the webcam's software (in this case Logitech). I believe this was possible on the legacy version of Skype 7.41. Kindly add this option in future updates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base