Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. calendar just needs to be more intuitive in general allow recurring reminders and make the adding and dismissing process make more since and

office on my ic with jaws 2020 is slow and when i go to work with the calendar or other things its intuitiveness is unclear to you it may be considered accessible but to me its not I have no clear way to add a recurring reminder. I can add events and appointments but deleting mistakes is a difficult thing. I wish once i saw the calendar it gave jaws related or nvda related tips. I wish the keyboard related help right out. finding the related help i need seems difficult. I am going to work on the calendar and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A OneDrive question

Why do the keywords used to search for documents (words, power point, etc.) in OneDrive no longer allow the documents that contain them to be traced (body text and not only title) ? It was super convenient ...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please Support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control

Currently on the list of supported devices for Microsoft Eye Control, Tobii 4C is listed. However, Tobii no longer makes 4C and has upgraded to the 5 model. I cannot use my Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control due to the drivers nor being supported, yet I am unable to purchase a 4C due to them being discontinued. All other supported items cost hundreds of dollars more. Please support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Impossible to make the screen automatically turn on in Windows 10 during a Skype call (with automatic call answer)

I faced an issue with the video conference system I set up for my disabled mother.

As she is not able to interact with the computer (she is physically and mentally handicapped), I put a video conference system in her room with Skype on Windows 7 PC. I set up Skype automatic call answer and it works automatically when I call her from a remote station.

Note thaht to make this work the PC is never in sleep mode.
    On the other hand, as the PC is in my mother's room, the screen must turn off after a short time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Next Gen Microsoft HoloLens

Microsoft you have the chance and the right generation to continue the enhancement of the project Hololens. Soon every major company will have their own AR/VR set(Like Apple's Next Gen Glasses & AR). I propose the "Surface Lens" with your own Mixed Reality in tangent with both AR/VR, you guys have the opportunity to become the next revolutionary technology of this generation. Many applications for this device they're now and in the future. This will be beneficial for both the public and the private sector.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Narrator for spin button and <Input type=number> should not announce default min/max values when undefined.

Currently, if aria-valuemax and aria-valuemin attributes are not defined for an input element, Narrator will announce "Minimum 0 and maximum 0". In the case that there is no functional min/max to be set, this is misleading for users.

This behavior can be seen in the Value example here:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/number

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WINDOWS+H voice typing no longer working after update!?!?!?!

WINDOWS+H voice typing no longer working after update!?!?!?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. question

While using MS teams, in a meeting with students, teaching remotely how can I show material or information to a deaf student while I am simultaneously signing so they can see me while I explain to the students what they are viewing. Often its vocabulary words, or a short story and we are reading it together.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When you cannot locate the source of alt text errors

How to locate the source of hidden pics resulting in alt text errors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. zoomtext and teams

I use Zoomtext with full screen magnification and this works well for pretty much most things however am having issues with Teams. I don't use a screen reader as i'm also deaf, so am relying solely on magnification. In Teams the toolips and popups that are continuously appearing on mouseover obscure what you're trying to read. In a video meeting, the captioning disappears before you can finish reading it - as you have to move the screen around to read it with the level of magnification I use. Is there a way to have toe captioning appear in its own…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve VoiceOver Labels in Remote Desktop Mobile for iOS

Please improve the labels for the buttons and other controls in the iOS version of Remote Desktop Mobile when used with VoiceOver. The experience is quite good right now, but there are some controls with weird labels or those that are unlabeled. VoiceOver attempts to provide automatic descriptions for these, but they should be properly labeled. I am using version 10.1.2 of the client.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hi. make the windows server installer turn on audio and audio en point services by default. i use a screen reader have to get softwarehelp t

have audio and audio end point service turn on default for windows make it more default. as need sighted help to install windows server 2019 inside vmware workstation and have to get sighted help or some one to remote in. and no audio, so no speech.frustrated. no good asking disability answer desk, they don't do windows server. and no live chat. and in australia and frustrated. server

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Business Opportunities

Good to hear from you and hope you're fine . Stay safe.

We are from India BM Soft Solutions , Puducherry, working in Accessibility, XML conversion ,EPub conversion, Type setting, Copy editing ,proof reading ,Web site development and App development (Hybrid App and Native App) all above mentioned mainly depends on Microsoft products .

Coming to Microsoft Azure is there any way the above said work listed can be simplified, quickened using Microsoft azure or Microsoft software’s tools, resources as we tried and failed to get common look software unavailable in our region and waiting for this release https://commonlook.com/google-chrome-new-accessibility-feature-launched-commonlook-expertise/ to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I'd like a follow up from the accessibility team to my earlier post.

The only response i'm seeing from your team is: "Thanks for sharing this feedback with us <name>. We're going to pass this information on to the engineering team. Please continue to leave your feedback here and upvote posts that you agree with."

I would like to see some more feedback on what you are actually doing with the feedback. Please consider my earlier suggestion and follow-up with that message on what the current status is - is it feasible? not feasible? what did the engineering team say of this suggestion?

Thank you!

Relates to:
    https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoice.com/forums/307429-microsoft-accessibility-feedback/suggestions/38544484-xbox-one-accessibility-audio-balancing-for-lef

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add an OCR-function

It would be very helpful to have an OCR-function that can read out text from images or non-searchable PDFs. I'm a student and most teachers are not able to create searchable PDFs...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Outlook 2016, Zoomtext 2020, and Windows 10. Zoomtext is causing Outlook to be slow and/or unresponsive.

we have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. My computer gad a virus and was restored to factory defaults and everything reloaded. The problem continues. We have a ticket in with Freedom Scientific, but so far no resolution.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outlook 2016, Zoomtext 2020, and Windows 10. Zoomtext is causing Outlook to be slow and/or unresponsive.

we have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. My computer gad a virus and was restored to factory defaults and everything reloaded. The problem continues.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow PowerPoint Record Screen function to work with screen reader software.

I’m able to access the record screen toolbar but can’t ‘select area’ to initiate the recording and need to rely on a sighted person to do this for me. Is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut to select the full screen in order to activate the record function?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assign a shortcut key to specific input language

It would be great that a specific keyboard shortcut can be assigned to the Windows keyboard input language in the Language Settings.
    At the moment, as screen reader user, I can swich the keybord language by pressing alt+shift. As I speak many languages I have many keyboard languages installed, and, by pressing alt+shift, I have to cycle through the complete list of languages each time when I want to change the keyboard language.

Example:
    I am writing this text in English and, at the same time, I have a chat in French and Italian. As I have 7 more keyboard…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make vs code python extension work with JAWS

make vs code work with jaws make vs code work with jaws or other screen reader,

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base