Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cortana please answer with help when a mental health red flag is typed in????

If a mental health or suicide phrase is typed in, could Cortana flag it or suggest helpful resources like a public service? For example, when I typed in, "Cortana Im losing my mind" the first results were really negative including the phrase "kill ****self". Instead, Cortana could show mental and suicide prevention resources. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request for OCR in Narrator on the Xbox

Many blind gamers are streaming the Xbox screen to the computer through the Xbox app in Windows 10, and run OCR on the picture from the Xbox to read menus in games out loud. It would be fantastic if Narrator on the Xbox could do OCR on the screen in games, so blind gamers can get menus and other kind of text read out loud directly on the Xbox, instead of streaming the screen to a pc to run OCR on the screen.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New Version

A better Magnifier!
    The program "Magic" by Freedom Scientific has been a much more versatile and powerful "magnifier" that the windows one! I have used it for 6 years and it is GREAT. Only problem is that with the rate of "UPDATES from MS, the have stopped supporting, updating or improving problems caused by MS UPDATES Latest MS updates cause screen jumping and/or freezing!! FIX IT!!! I need it!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic arrangement of windows when moved to the edge of the screen

Option to disable automatic arrangement of windows separately for mouse control and keyboard control. I would like to be able to arrange windows by keyboard-shortcuts while I do not want the windows to be arranged when I move them by mouse (accidently) to the edges.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I AM VERY ANGRY AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FOR 2 YEARS

I have an email account that I have been locked out of. So getting no help I did what it said and opened a new account. I now have 5 email accounts that I can't use to log in.
    I AM BLIND, I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR, MOBILITY AND FLEXIBILITY IS BEYOND HARD. I HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH MEMORY FROM A COMA I WAS PLACED IN TO SAVE MY LIFE.
    Sir/Madam my nurse is writing this for me. NO ONE WILL HELP. It goes around and around in a loop and this is the only place to put it.
    It happens…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. can you give me an email address please I am Meredih Allan, President of ISAAC, (president@isaac-online.org) We ant someone to do a webi

can you give me an email address please I am Meredih Allan, President of ISAAC, (president@isaac-online.org) We want someone to do a webinar for us- mainly on Skype accessibility catered especially for our demographic.... see www.issac-online.org thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Translator

I have just been introduced to Microsoft Translator. It would be amazing if it had the capability to speak the translation of the photo. From what I can see online and in playing with the app on my phone, it only translates it.

This could be helpful for people who are not literate in their native language, have print disabilities, or who have low or no vision.
    If I have missed this capability, please direct me to how to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Windows 10 Build 1809 - File Explorer Right-Click-Menu Problem

I've been everywhere. Feedback Hub, Reddit, Microsoft Accessibility/Support-based accounts on Twitter, Disabled Help Desk. Can we please give this problem some real-world attention by someone who can actually help?

As of Windows 10 Build 1809 - The registry fix of setting "ImmersiveContextMenu" to "0", located at "Computer\HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures", no longer has any effect in disabling the new 'immersive context menu'.

Windows shell has the new style, including desktop, file explorer and open dialog boxes in all applications. Why is this a problem? Why was I previously using a registry tweak to remove the new immersive context menu? Just look…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Archive outlook webinar

It appears that you have an outlook webinar that ran in mid October. Can you please put it into the archive so those of us that Missed it can watch it? Thank you for doing these webinars. They are very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow speak selection in OneDrive to PDFs created with office lens

iOS speak selection has been removed from Menu in pdf created with office lens???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PowerPoint presenter slide view

The new version of PowerPoint after 2010 has removed the view of presenter to see the slides at 1 glance on the same presenter view. It only allows for the next slide view. The previous version is very useful when presentation is more fluid and spontaneous.

Create option for the 2 types of presenter view for different uses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide more option to dark mode

In dark mode you provide custom but it can only select 2 which effect the whole system. I hope your provide either by apps or system. For example, you create custom mode for default app or something. Why not you make the custom more choices such as in custom mode: fixe explre or chrome apps or other apps can choose light or dark. Truth to be told i'm very dissapointed with the update. Although i like dark theme, but i dont like the chrome & file explore change to dark. My eyes feel constrain & tired when i see them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. simply can't afford a new computer at this time

My husband passed away on May 5th of this year...56 years young and after a brief battle with cancer he passed away. I am also 56 years old and am disabled and simply cannot buy a new computer. I am grief stricken on a daily basIs and life is difficult. Is there a program that could assist me in any manner to access a new computer? ..I hope that you can help me somehow given my situation,
    Warmest Regards,
    DPS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add markers to the text cursor

ZoomText is a very heavy resources application. I enjoy everything it offers, but I had enough of the lag and system crashes. Try adding a feature to add markers to the text cursor! It helps me figure out where my cursor is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Grammar check improvement

When I type person-first language in Microsoft word (e.g. persons who are blind) it flags the phrase as "too wordy." Please integrate person-first language into your grammar check algorithm so it stops flagging my person-first language. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keyboard options needed

Would love to see a new ergo keyboard designed for those who are visually impaired. I love my Microsoft wave keyboard but because I’m visually impaired it’s sometimes tough to use. Would love to see a version of it that is accessible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. People with visual disabilities need to be able to better identify each object in the Windows 10 interface

People who see badly have basically two problems: seeing objects on the screen poorly and distinguishing colors badly. Windows 10 only cares about the second aspect by facilitating the enhancement of contrast, but it does not make it easier for users to see interface elements well. All visible objects in Windows 10 are too "flat" and there are almost no visual differences when they are selected or receive focus. The interface elements have no volume and this forces people with visual disabilities to make a great visual effort to distinguish them.

Users who see little should be able to easily…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Starguard- juvinile macular degeneration p night blindness

Ihave Starguard, I am 86 years old. I have to magnify at least 20X just to navigate. But since I cannot tolerate bright lights and still see anything. I would appreciate if the icons could be removed in all cases or made just an outline. Then I could see to navigate the screen.. Surely it cannot be so difficult to have a switch to turn them off complete or make an outline.
    Ernest J. Hood

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show me how to delete magnifier on windows 10 and replace it with the windows 7 magnifier...Please

Show me how to delete magnifier on windows 10 and replace it with the windows 7 magnifier. It worked well for me but something happened to it in windows 10 that makes it a real pain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. provide hotkey for immersive reader view in Edge

It would be really helpful to have a hotkey to bring up the immersive reader view in the new Microsoft Edge. I will use this feature a lot and want to be able to get to it as quickly as possible when using the keyboard with a screen reader..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base