Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bright red Standard Text Color has poor color contrast ratio

In the Font section of MS Office is a Text Color dropdown with a row of “Standard Colors”. People often want some bright red text to highlight their words, and they usually choose the second-to-the left red color (RGB: 255:0:0). There is also the option of the left-most red (RGB: 192:0:0), but it’s too dull for a highlight, so people don’t use it. Unfortunately, the “255” red color only has a color contrast ratio of 4.0:1, which is below the WCAG 2.0 required ratio of 4.5:1. Could you change the “255” color in this row of “Standard Colors” to a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Worked with MSC 40yr don't need "V agent" DELAY=need Chat/disabled !

Been MEMBER CODE BLUE TEAM=responsible. Worked with MSC for 40yrs in healthcare and having been hit(out of the blue) with RARE and deadly form of Arthritis I know how to get the answer quickly. Being delayed is PAINFUL and frustrating (since I am loosing vision=GOING BLIND! I don't need repetitive sales pitches; main point is repetitive. I will gladly enter a "chat" forum for programmers/developers for an answer to a simple e-mail change. Sincerely, Dr DF
    P.S. Maybe have an initial question as,,, HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD/WORKED WITH MSC PRODUCTS: <1yr. etc. Tx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Narrator doesn't support Youtube or Netflix

Narrator isn't compatible with Youtube or Netflix on the Xbox One. When you try to navigate either app using narrator, there is just no response. Both services have screen reader support for every other platform I've encountered and it would be great if we could use these apps on the Xbox too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please cover planner, file collaboration, wiki and notes in the upcoming webinar planned on teams

Please cover how to use planner, file collaboration, wiki and notes using screen readers in the upcoming webinar planned on teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get accessibility checker to warn about text that has been formatted with manually created styles

Is it possible to make the accessibility checker warn users when they create new styles to format text, instead of using (or modifying) the built in word styles?
    - as manually created styles, eg. headings, can't be recognised by screen readers.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. hi guys have a big problem with display sizing with 4k boxed windows still show super small text? i can not use many programs because of it

hi guys i seen few others asking about this display small text and overly large other items on 4k display it worked 1607 up to 1709 can you please bring it back so i can use my tv guide and see what is displayed have been battling this for months now when will we see this update is my question? we are all stuck at home with not a lot to do please help us make it a little more comfortable. thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. please add a notification for when battery saver goes to on

please add a notification for when battery saver goes to on
    i am really need that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Want drag-and-drop feature for MouseKeys

I use the MouseKeys feature A LOT. but when I press the 5 (fire key) and along with an arrow key, it does not perform any drag and drop functionality.

I pray to MS corporation to add the feature to use drag and drop functionality within Keyboard's MouseKeys feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make the im window in skype smaller

make the im window in skype smaller than it can go now

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Issues when using Teams Meeting

The issues:
    1. JAWS doesn't read the live captioning text that appears. This would be useful for a deafblind person, who uses JAWS with the refreshable Braille display.
    2. There is no way to copy and save the captioning for read out later. I also tried with NVDA screen reader, and it also doesn’t read out the live caption text.

1. The live captioning feature does not identify who is currently speaking. Similarly, when people are speaking, JAWS doesn't identify the speaker. You also cannot tab into the speaker’s window (For the visual user, when people speak, Teams highlights a window…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There's no option to select taskbar/short time in hh:mm:ss format, I need to see time in the TASKBAR in hh:mm:ss w/o clicking to see clock.

View long format time in taskbar without having to click on clock (collapses my other programs I have up when I click on the clock to view the long time) should be allowed to change the format of the clock in the task bar to view long time rather than just the short time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. hi. a better verification for microsoft azure for students. totally blind and use a screen reader jaws for windows, nvda from nvacess. and a

better verification like e-mail or a code via e-mail on a form for verifying students for microsoft azure. better way to resolve issues like in hyper v, the boot loader and more clearer message and then how to fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set up for British Sign Language video calling

Hi

I have been spoken one of your team and I found it out tnat your service didn't provide british sign language for video calling. Im really gutted and I had difficult issue with mircrosft and my English is my not first language.

I hope you will set up for british sign language as soon as possible?

thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change color for "show as" "work from elsewhere"

The "Show as" option "work from elsewhere" seems impossible, for people, to distinguish from "available".

Can you use a different color (fx. green) and (fx. horizontal bars or something) to make it easier to see?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fix magnifier bug windows 10

When using magnifier in full screen zoom it doestn zoom in toward the mouse anymore. Instead it zooms in to the left corner of the window you are using and often doesnt follow windows you are typing in. For some reason it bounces to the side so you are typing outside the magnifier window when zoomed in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. computer maintenance and protection.

I do know that Microsoft does offer computer protection and maintenance to people. For the sake of disabled people who would be on low income would it be possible to offer this service at a which used price knowing that many of these people are on quite low incomes?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. computer protection and help for the disabled

I have noticed that a very good speech recognition dictation app is available in office 365. Many disabled users may be unable financially to pay for this so I was wondering whether it could be sent to office users who would find it difficult type because of arthritis in the hands carpal tunnel and other similar disabilities. For those who are not able to purchase office could it be sent on application to their version of wordpad?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. to help the disabled cope with computer Windows problems with the helpdesk be able to do this via remote access to people's computers

to help the disabled cope with computer Windows problems with the helpdesk be able to do this via remote access to people's computersto assist with problems

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base