Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MAKE THE MAGNIFIER AS GOOD AS THE ONE ON THE MAC

THE MAGNIFIER NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED!

THE ZOOM MOTION IS TERRIBLE AND GIVES ME HEAD PAIN

TAKE MAC OS MAGNIFIER AS EXAMPLE, IT WORKS WELL, SMOOTHLY AND FAST.

PLEASE, DO IT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable my own voice to be added to narrator

It would be nice to not only have a PUNCTUATION DICTIONARY added to narrator, but also be able to ADD YOUR OWN VOICE to it too. Also, it would be nice if narrator didn't just say the capital letter in a DROP cap word, but said the entire word!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speech recognition improvement needed in Windows

Please can Microsoft improve Windows speech recognition and speech recognition generally for those who can’t use a keyboard, touch screen or switch. Speech recognition plays such a low profile within Windows 10. It should be much more prominent and more of a priority.

Infuse some AI and computational cloud computing into each recognition to improve accuracy.

Windows speech recognition takes a long time to set up and accuracy is not very impressive. It is worlds apart from Nuance Dragon professional speech recognition product.

Windows speech recognition is of little practical use to people like me who rely completely on voice…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. interpreter

help desk cannot provide any interpreter service for other languages' user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sponsored/Donated Adaptive Controllers

I was really moved by the Adaptive Controller campaign. It is so amazing to see a company pushing the boundaries and making their product more inclusive.

I don't know anyone in my personal life who needs this device but I wanted to reach out and ask if you've thought about 'sponsored devices' or creating a program that allows people to purchase a device for a person who needs it. Perhaps continuing the organizational partnerships you've already established to help get the devices to the right people?

I'm not sure this is the right channel to start this discussion but I…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Events #FutureDecoded

Hello

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks for a wonderful event - for the first time in living memory I have felt "included" or "equal" with the introduction of captions to help me with my deafness.

Well done Microsoft and well done Jenny Lay-Flurrie for her presentation this morning in London.

I am now full of hope for my future ... I do realise career wise there are so many barriers to overcome but feel with Microsoft by my side supporting me there is a future - captioning on skype - is awesome - can the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What the **** is going on!!! veterans who have disabilities are treatred like **** here I can never a live person

This is ****. People who have who have put thier life on line for years. Yes we can go blind and deaf, well I guess that doesnt matter much. youll never a live person at mocrosoft

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Xbox Controller for left hand only

My name is Mason. I am almost nine. I have cerebral palsy and can’t use my right hand to operate the Xbox controller. Is there something that can help me use the controller with only my left hand.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. STOP DELETING OUR RESQUESTS! WE NEED A BETTER MAGNIFICATION!

USE THE GPU GRAPHIC TO IMPROVE ZOOM
    MAKE IS AS GOOD AS THE MAC OS

COME ON, IT IS EASY TO DO!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dark Webpages and all content dark with lighter color fonts and characters

For the Love of Humans with limited visual acuity, please please, spare us the agony of staring at glaring white background webpages in Edge, glaring white pages in Word, even glaring white backgounds in google Play store, I remember Dark Black Windows 8.1 Mobile, and even Windows 10 all dark,which was so awesome, especially for someone like me, who has acuity restrictions and work late hours, the so called night shift owls like us love colors gentle, but easy to discern, in Chrome,VEdge I can download extensions, but that is the longer way round just give us a universal Dark…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. narrator to read alt tags in e-mails.

narrator to read alt tags on images in outlook automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Translate Seeing AI

Hi, I am Brazilian and would like to contribute in translating the app to Portuguese.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. java based applications accessibility improvement

Hi, at a moment narrator is not working with java applications, nvda and jaws screen readers does. Please enable the support of java access bridge , so narrator can work with applications that are developed in java.
    please up-vote this idea, because it is important you never know when you need screen reader software support for java applications.

In terms of features Microsoft should publish the release schedule and let us upvote the features we want. at a moment progress feels quite slow, improving quite a bit but it could be better. make a survey or something for data collection…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upgrading & access.

My Windows 8.1 Pro goes blank screen sometimes on start up. All upgrades should be done ONLY AFTER I have finished. That way I can leave the PC on then until YOU are finished & why blank the screen? Let's be OPEN with each other! Also you should have easy access to contact email addresses for faster easier access to you people!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve accessibility on SharePoint News Digest tool

The news digest in SharePoint Online is a great tool, however the content that's generated is not very accessible from a code perspective. It relies heavily on Aria tags and the content essentially runs together without proper headers to break the content up. Please re-work the tool so the content that's developed for both the email and resulting web page are accessible/usable and inclusive for all users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. speech to text

I work with MS teams including the built-in live conferencing and direct calling features. I have seen demos of upcoming live speech-to-text functionality for deaf and hard-of-hearing inclusion. When will this be generally available in MS Teams, please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Empruve The Magnification Motion

Make the magnification smoother and more optimized
    Use the GPU to improve it.
    Take a look at macOS magnification, it used GPU to perform the zoom and it feels so good.
    Please, help us with that, also, allow users to choose which key to press to zoom in or out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Speech Recognition voice commands with Narrator

I’m blind and struggle with keyboards so I love the idea of controlling pc using voice. The trouble is that speech recognition voice commands do not integrate with Narrator. If you check out Apple’s iOS 13 beta, voice control and voiceover work together pretty well, so I can navigate an iPhone, open emails, reply, edit text all just with voice. I’d dearly love to be able to do this on my Windows 10 laptop, but so far this is not possible. I can open the mail app with a voice command but after that, I’m pretty stuck with voice commands.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MS OFFICE PROGRAMS NOT COMPATIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

MS OFFICE PROGRAMS NOT COMPATIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base