Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring start up and shut down sounds.

As a new user of windows 10, and as a person that is blind.
    I feel that these start up sound should be available because I don’t have light perception, and how do I know if my computer is booting up?
    The same thing goes for shutting down the computer how do I know that the computer is shutting down?, And same thing for logging on the computer, and logging off the computer. These sounds Shouldn’t have been taken away.
    Some people may not like the sound and I get that, but for people that really needed it should still…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. moris

microsoft teams needs to be more accessable for a vision impaired person to join a room and find the join button easy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows 10 Photos App *& video editor)

Windows 10 Photo app
    My suggestion is geared towards the video editing feature of this app. Attention to screen reader accessibility is needed here, especially when it comes to scene order. Trimming and slicing videos could also be made significantly more intuitive. As part of my work, I am asked to create video demos of screen reader behavior and it is extremely :

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make windows speech recognition truly hands free!

Windows speech recognition is surely designed for those who can't use their hands? The problem is that there are so many apps that cortana will not use the initial start listening speech recognition for, and the dictation side constantly crashes so that you are forced to use your hands To complete your tasks. Please make cortana more user friendly, give disabled people who cannot use the keyboard better accessibility choices! Cortana needs to be able to be used 100% of the time!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft sway - automated closed captioning

Please provide automated closed captioning tools audio cards in Microsoft Sway. I really like this tool, but I need to make all of my materials accessible for students. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need Help

I called the disability number. Reached probably the Philippines. I just had question about how to get the markup off of a word document permanently. This person did not know how to do that. They said they would put me through to their supervisor. I was just left on hold for a very very long time. Maybe if English was the primary language it would work better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Choosing no. of video screens

Whilst the introduction of a 3x3 video screen grid in Microsoft Teams has been welcomed by many, I have some colleagues that have sight loss who now feel the video screens are too small. Could there be a setting which enables staff to individually select how many video windows show up on their screen during a Teams meeting?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Teams Display

I work in a health care clinic and we are offering a lot of appointments virtually now. We recent patient who hearing impaired and required a sign language interpreter and Microsoft Teams ended up being a huge barrier for the appointment, simply because we weren't able to see all call participants at the same time (the way you would in Zoom, for example). The patient could not consistently see the interpreter. I am wondering if there is a solution being developed for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Theme customization in Windows 10

\Windows 7 had a beautiful setup to customize themes. It allowed the setting of font types, font sizes, application background colors, menu colors, scroll bar colors.

Windows 10 has none of this. I am very near sighted, 20/150. The Windows 7 features were a god send.

Maybe some historical perspective would help...

In 1969, man landed on on the moon using technology far behind what is currently available.

Why is it more difficult, than landing on the moon, to put in good, robust theme customization tools?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Narrator!

My narrator often skips over the letter combinations of "fi" and "fl". For example, instead of saying confirm, it will say "conrm". This is really frustrating! Please fix!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Touch Keyboard

It would be wonderful to have an option to permanently display/dock the touch keyboard and have all other windows rescaled to fit remaining portion of the screen. It would be great to have this not only in tablet mode.

Sometimes you really want to type without an external keyboard but the touch keyboard keeps disappearing as you switch between windows or tabs, etc. Sometimes the keyboard also draws over other windows. Sometimes you just need the keyboard permanently open, not only having it pop up automatically (which doesn't always work).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Next Gen Microsoft HoloLens

Microsoft you have the chance and the right generation to continue the enhancement of the project Hololens. Soon every major company will have their own AR/VR set(Like Apple's Next Gen Glasses & AR). I propose the "Surface Lens" with your own Mixed Reality in tangent with both AR/VR, you guys have the opportunity to become the next revolutionary technology of this generation. Many applications for this device they're now and in the future. This will be beneficial for both the public and the private sector.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Narrator scan mode does not announce graphic descriptions

Narrator scan mode does not announce graphic descriptions

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Windows 10 must have a consistent design.

Windows 10 must have a consistent design. Like in explorer we have a different design, in the start menu we have a different design and edge also has a different design, and its too dumb to have three different designs in spite of the fact that all these products belong to Microsoft. Seems that Microsoft is confused in itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can I pin more than one person ( two ASL interpreters) during the meeting?

Can I pin more than one person (two ASL interpreters) during the meeting? Is Microsoft Team allow us to pin one person like zoom?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the color contrast ratio of some texts present in the Profile Pdf

In user profile pdf, Color contrast ratio of the user location such as last company address, current company address with #B7B4C0 foreground and #FFFFFF background color is equal to the 2.0:1 which is less then the standard ratio 4.5:1 for regular text.
    Low vision and Colorblind users face difficulty to access the location.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base