Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sound changes with gps uncertainty

I would like to understand the GPS position uncertainty. One way to communicate uncertainty might be to change the audio alerts frequency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ”No motion” detection

Soundscape does not seem to detect when I am sitting still, as it repeats information about my neighbourhood repeatedly. Can be solved?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The legally blind need large tablets yet you do not have a read-only Word for large tablets larger than 10.1".

Provide a Word read-only program for large tablets (10.5") and is compatible with the Apple files management system. I am trying to load a large collection of hymn texts and psalms on an Ipad Third Generation Air for a nun who is legally blind and needs 36 point type. We want "read-only." The texts are too large to use Apple pages; they make the files 40 times larger. It seems you make a Word app for smaller tablets, please expand it to larger ones. It will greatly aid the visually impaired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make wireless charging through the display by picotechnology

Also allow sensors to detect when a user is in front of the screen and boot automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spech recognition is almost useless in some windows such as Facebook, youtube home, speech recognition dictation etc

Spech recognition is almost useless in some windows such as Facebook, youtube home, speech recognition dictation etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accessibility checker in Word PowerPoint Outlook font size

The accessibility checker has no setting for suggesting a sensible sized font i.e. bigger than 11 say point 12 my chosen default this is a serious omission
    are you aware of this and if so, is it on your road map to fix . So currently I can send an email in 8 point that I can’t read even with glasses . even outside this feature in outlook   accessibility checker makes no reference to font size in word ,outlook
    etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. outlook dictate

Word for Mac 2019 has a 'Dictate' button which is great - much more accurate than the MacOS built-in dictation. Please add the same button to Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Edge voice compatible like the dying Internet Explorer!

MAKE the new Edge browser work with Dragon NaturallySpeaking as well as Internet Explorer does!
    Please, please, either 1) bring the Edge browser with the added Chrome extensions from Nuance up to the level of voice functionality of Internet Explorer or 2) reinstate full support for the older Internet Explorer browser. Microsoft and Nuance need to work out the solution and implement it instead of saying the problem lies with the other company. But now I am using the Firefox browser because it is more voice friendly than the Edge browser. Firefox is not as good as Internet Explorer, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. High Contrast

My experience of this and my eye sight, is that consistency is not good enough. You can end up with menus not working or some windows have the standard Colors that you can’t read.

I want to select a back colour and text Colors and size and border colour sizes, and have it consistently applied.
    MS should have a certification scheme were other products can prove they work to this standard, so users can buy with confidence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OCR on xbox

Hi, it would be fantastic if narrator gained the NVDA like ability of using OCR on visual text so that, with a certain button combo or in narrater mode, the printed words could be at least read out. A lot of blind gamers use their windows machines connected to their xboxes to do this. It would be good to remove the need for extra hardware.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Framework for locational audio of voice chat

Hi, it occurs to me that it would be great to have the ability in games for the speaker in multiplayer games speaking from the direction of their PC so their voice will come from a specific place in the stereo field and will be quieter the further they are away. The application would be to guide blind players as would work in the real world but also increase that sense of reality for other gamers. It seems to be a simple series of calculations as long as you know where the other PC is in relation to the listener…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. NEW VOICES

I would like to have more choices than the 3 voices offered. I am blind and rely on speaking voices every day. I can’t afford to buy new add-Ins but would like a few more choices built in.
    Please help!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Narrator verbosity to be customized

Narrator verbosity options should be extremely customizable by the user. For example, allow users to specify how different controls are read. This could include things such as speaking the control type before the name, after it, not at all, etc. This would be very useful for speeding up efficiency. Here are just a few examples.

Narrator could speak the status of a checkbox before announcing the name and/or the fact it was a checkbox. This would make navigating groups of checkboxes really efficient because you would hear something like this. "checked Enable Narrator checkbox" or just "checked enable Narrator" if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. skype

Is it a way that I can change the startard size of the window that is always on top in a video conversation and save it. I always need to adjust it with my mouse and its a bit annyoing. I want to drag it to my own size and save it as standard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Office 365 videos on YouTube

We are so thankful for all that Microsoft is doing to make accessibility at the forefront of all of your products! They are amazing. We have noticed, however, that your videos are not able to be followed by folks who are blind because there is little to no spoken word. Because I present on best practices in teaching and using your technology around our university campus, I feel I cannot incorporate your videos into those presentations because they go against the principles of inclusive design. Could you please look into these? I like your videos because they are short and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base