Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest that, if possible, you should find a way to identify disabled people, and offer windows 10 free, but without having it public.

I suggest that, if possible, you should find a way to identify disabled people, and offer windows 10 free, but without having it public. I think that it should work with a link sent through mail, or a key, if you don't want healthy people to use the free option.
    There are people like me, who were under a rock or so, and found out only recently that windows 10 was released. Sadly, not all countries give disabled people enough money to get windows licences. That's why I ask, if possible, for those people to get help. Right now i'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I

I am so thankful you are testing the new keyboard shortcuts in narrator you are introducing in narrator that will make it more like the other screenreaders if implemented. One feature I would really like added to narrator is to place a bookmark in a webpage, like if you were listening to a long webpage or ebook Edge it could place a bookmark there so if open the browser later it would come back to the same spot where you left off. Thanks, David

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collaboration with new Xbox Adaptive Controller

Hello Xbox Team!

We would like to discuss a possible partnership for the upcoming Xbox Adaptive Controller with you. As GlassOuse, we design and manufacture assistive devices and adapted switch controls. We believe we will be a perfect match for the gamers with the new controller. If you can write back to us, we want to send you a bundle of our products and share all knowledge we gathered about accessibility so far since the beginning of our journey. As GlassOuse Assistive Device and G-Switch Series, we are more than ready to become a part of this.

Here, you may…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you (Microsoft) please improve the GPS instructions on the Soundscape app?

I love the new and magnificent app, but am still struggling a little bit with it. Below are my struggles as a legally blind user:

1. It's too hard for me to determine from which direction my destination is by just listening to the beacon. Can you please find a better way to have the app guide me to my destination?

2. Can the GPS instructions be made easier to understand for the visually impaired? I can't interpret directions based on street names and numbers. I would prefer that the app tells me how to get to my destination by referring to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make visual focus indicator more prominent.

Please make the visual focus indicator more prominent, the thin-dotted outline is barely visible especially against dark backgrounds. I have relatives with low-vision that I assist and it is incredibly frustrating for them. I wear glasses and my vision isn't that bad and in some instances, i can't see it either. Please please make it more prominent! Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. sticky notes is not disability friendly

The sticky notes in the Microsoft Store are not disability friendly at all. It is so frustrating that many programs have been made without us in mind. It is such a shame. I am a college student and I cannot utilize a lot of things offered in the Microsoft Store. I am so disgusted my this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Go back to having an email contacts. Sometimes it is just a lot easier to email, especially if I want to attach a screen print.

Why not go back to being able to contact you by EMAIL?? Sometimes we like to attach something to explain the problem better.
    I'm afraid you've lost the idea of "Ease of Access" or at least for help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add de-neo ergonomic Keyboard layout to default Windows installation

Add the german "Neo ergonomisch optimiert" keyboard layout (comparable to Dvorjak which is already shipped with windows).
    This can be installed already by individual users, a default install would help with switching machines often or workplace machines without admin rights.
    http://neo-layout.org/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a GUI to manage which apps use Scan Mode

Please add a dialog box that lists all apps where Scan Mode has been set to automatically turn on. The user should be able to delete items from the list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Narrator doesn't always focus when I press Windows R, Windows X, or Windows I.

This issue has been around for quite some time and is still present in the April 2018 update. When I press Windows+R, I or X, Narrator doesn't always put the focus on the window or menu that appears. I find I have to press the command a second or third time for it to work correctly. This is especially annoying when trying to access the run dialog box. When I press Windows+R, I must press alt+tab to cycle to the dialog box. This behavior doesn't occur with other screen readers. When I press the command, NVDA correctly moves the focus…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I too have a disability

I was in a horrific accident 4 years ago. I’m now paralyzed from the waist down. I have not mastered my core strength yet so I spend a lot of time laying in bed or sitting in my wheelchair. My problem is I need an idea on how to ***** my laptop on my lap so I can access the keyboard and see the screen without straining my neck. Also while I am sitting in my wheelchair I tend to fight with the issue of my laptop sliding off of my lap. Any ideas you have to help me would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. bug report windows setup and narrator navvegateing item lists such as time and currency format list

windows setup running narrator to install windows 10 v1803
    problem when trying to change time and currency format from english u.s to english u.k when navvegateing
    if you up arrow once narrator should tell me that the item has changed eg time and currency format: english united kingdom instead, i get silence when arrowing up and down the list could this be fixed?
    stepps to reproduce
    run windows 10 1803 install dvd with narrator running
    tab once to time and currency format box up and down arrow what should happen?
    narrator should tell us what the item is that we…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep doing disability support!

it is excellent, i have epilepsy and get stressed out. Thank you!! MS support 24/7 is wonderful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Parts and Pieces

I'm excited for my son to get the new accessible controller but when shopping for the adaptions he will need I can't help but notice the t-bar joystick shown in the photo isn't available. Will it be? If not it should be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Visio - accessibility to features that are available in powerpoint

I am working on some one page trainings. I really like the tab approach in Visio, but there are many features in power point, that would really make it easier to use the tool.

It would also be great to have the tool read-back what you type.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Play sounds for interface elements in Narrator

Productivity is a huge part of everyone's life nowadays, and blind people are no different. We want to be as fast and efficient as possible, doubly so to keep up with sighted counterparts. Speech is a great way to access information, but for repeating information it just gets in the way. Sound is a better solution for showing what interface element a user has landed on, because it only takes a few milliseconds to play, whereas speech can be either the same length, or up to a second based on how fast speech is talking. These sounds could replace the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I suggest you use Sports and technology to bring joy to the 57 million disabled in his country.

I'm chairman of United States adaptive golf alliance Bring in the joy and sense of freedom go Over 15,000 disabled individuals annually of which 26% our wounded veterans.
    Combine the power of Microsoft with our initiative to take the 1st USA Para-Golf TEAM to the Paralympics in 2024, Will not only prove the power of golf, but the power of technology to excite the 57 million disable in our country. Join us along with Coca-Cola, US special Olympics, etc..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Extremely difficult to use and access. What is the waiting period about? Just want to erase my searches. Not at all easy to use.

When I sign in and get a code do not make me get another and then say it takes several weeks to use. This is stupid. Make Microsoft for us dummies who are who we say we are and just want to do simple things like erase search history.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Windows Server Core Accessibility

Windows 10 accessibility is great but there is no thought about accessibility on the Windows Server Core development. I am completely blind and I need to use Windows Server Core. Maybe allow the enabling of an SSH server in an answer file that can be passed to the installer just like previous versions of Windows installs. Then I could ssh to the server core instance and have full access.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base