Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NEW skype version 8, put back the 2 status options taken away, everyone I know, is not happy they are not included in the NEW Skype.

New Skype version 8 has removed 'away' and 'invisible' - please put them back, Everyone I know is resisting the new up-date, and staying with 'classic' as long as possible. The new version should have more options, not less. Everyone is used to them, why were they removed?
    'away' still allows messages to pass through, 'do not disturb' and off-line do not ... ? Green / Yellow / Red and OFF, what is the problem?
    VOTE - we want them back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it easier to help customers

I have been locked out of my emails as I am overseas. I have done everything step by step as asked several times and still no avail. Have tried to call help line and nothing? I need my email account unlocked as I am travelling and it is vital to me overseas and for work purposes back home!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook 2016 expanded preview Of Messages

In outlook 10 that I use at work with JAWS, the messages are read in several preview lines before I have to open it. I don't like the way it has been shortened to only reading 3 lines; it makes the reading of email cumbersome. Please put Outlook back the way it was in Outlook 2010

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an option to Runas Administrator for windows installer package

In the latest stable builds there in Windows Defender Ransomware Protection introduced... But for the Protected Folders List, Windows Installer Throw an Error (Error Code 2503 and 2502) when Try to Install and Uninstall msi pkg...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please stop the incessant updates.

An occasional update would have been bearable. But these update notifications just. wont. stop. And despite all the "warnings" and the schedule changes i make, sometimes it just restarts on its own eating away my time when i most need it. I don't know if it's too late for window 10, but please just finish your product and be done with it the next time if its possible. Badger people who want to updates and leave those perfectly fine with a basic version alone. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop Reading the chat message as I type it in Skype 8 for Mac

I am using Skype 8 on macOS High Sierra with VoiceOver. When I type into the chat box, VoiceOver reads what I have typed up to the current point as I press each character. If this is a feature, it needs to be removed asap! The only workaround seems to be disabling VoiceOver which is not ideal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Beehive

I am writing to let you know about my startup working to serve the disability community. Better Beehive is a review application, like yelp, except for the disability community to review businesses and organizations based on their accessibility, empowerment and inclusion of the disability community. A Buzz review is reserved for a disability-friendly entity, and a STING is for the opposite. All reviews are reviewed by the site administrator as a safety measure to make sure only helpful feedback is left on the site. The genuine intent is to create a win-win situation for both businesses and the disability community.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add touch area for next and previous page for pdfs in Microsoft Edge

For pdfs in Microsoft Edge, alongside swiping left and right for page navigation, there should also be touch areas at the edge of the screen to navigate back and forth between pages. The touch area can be a square down in the corners, or they could be defined as rectangles somewhere along the edge.

E.g look at the Amazon kindle devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. equalizer in Windows

Make Windows more accessible to hard of hearing persons.
    So that it be adjusted to the hearing loss of the user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please allow Outlook 2016 to say "message"

I am trying to make Outlook 2016 the best screen reader it can be for people who are blind or visually impaired, or for others with disabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix your online accessory... I keep getting a loop.. I want to close one account but the program WILL NOT LET ME !!!

I have been trying for SEVERAL days to close an account, and I keep getting in a loop. The email on file is closed, removed, gone. I want to change my account password and my EMAIL ADDRESS !!!! but your program will not let me. So now I'll now have to pay 10.00 BECAUSE of your program..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mac için Publisher

biz öğrencilerin ödev ve proje çalışmalarında yapacağımız sunum çalışmalarında bu uygulama kolay ve yararlı olmaktadır. Ancak Mac pc lerde publisher çalışmamaktadır.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I suggest that, if possible, you should find a way to identify disabled people, and offer windows 10 free, but without having it public.

I suggest that, if possible, you should find a way to identify disabled people, and offer windows 10 free, but without having it public. I think that it should work with a link sent through mail, or a key, if you don't want healthy people to use the free option.
    There are people like me, who were under a rock or so, and found out only recently that windows 10 was released. Sadly, not all countries give disabled people enough money to get windows licences. That's why I ask, if possible, for those people to get help. Right now i'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I

I am so thankful you are testing the new keyboard shortcuts in narrator you are introducing in narrator that will make it more like the other screenreaders if implemented. One feature I would really like added to narrator is to place a bookmark in a webpage, like if you were listening to a long webpage or ebook Edge it could place a bookmark there so if open the browser later it would come back to the same spot where you left off. Thanks, David

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Collaboration with new Xbox Adaptive Controller

Hello Xbox Team!

We would like to discuss a possible partnership for the upcoming Xbox Adaptive Controller with you. As GlassOuse, we design and manufacture assistive devices and adapted switch controls. We believe we will be a perfect match for the gamers with the new controller. If you can write back to us, we want to send you a bundle of our products and share all knowledge we gathered about accessibility so far since the beginning of our journey. As GlassOuse Assistive Device and G-Switch Series, we are more than ready to become a part of this.

Here, you may…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you (Microsoft) please improve the GPS instructions on the Soundscape app?

I love the new and magnificent app, but am still struggling a little bit with it. Below are my struggles as a legally blind user:

1. It's too hard for me to determine from which direction my destination is by just listening to the beacon. Can you please find a better way to have the app guide me to my destination?

2. Can the GPS instructions be made easier to understand for the visually impaired? I can't interpret directions based on street names and numbers. I would prefer that the app tells me how to get to my destination by referring to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make visual focus indicator more prominent.

Please make the visual focus indicator more prominent, the thin-dotted outline is barely visible especially against dark backgrounds. I have relatives with low-vision that I assist and it is incredibly frustrating for them. I wear glasses and my vision isn't that bad and in some instances, i can't see it either. Please please make it more prominent! Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. sticky notes is not disability friendly

The sticky notes in the Microsoft Store are not disability friendly at all. It is so frustrating that many programs have been made without us in mind. It is such a shame. I am a college student and I cannot utilize a lot of things offered in the Microsoft Store. I am so disgusted my this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base