Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You must provide a way of turning off flashing adds.

AdChoice has flashing adds. This can cause seizures for those who have epilepsy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create an universal Framework for Accessibility

We need an universal product that groups all the Accessibility Features together like Microsoft Help. The Universal Tool (potential called Microsoft Accessibility) could collect all the Information (like ShortCut Keys, ...) for different Application (The complete Microsoft Application Stack). In that case, people that have to work with accessibility needed people will find in one place all the needed information to support. Some products produces a "Help" File, "PDF" Keystroke File, Readme, ... . This solution would be a unique all in one place solution.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Magnifier needs variable mouse wheel scrolling zoom

The Magnifier app is nearly useless without the ability to zoom in and out using the mouse scroll wheel, in conjunction with a keyboard modifier - e.g.: shift-scroll, alt-scroll, control-scroll, etc.. Add this functionality and make the modifier key user-definable. Also, users should be able to easily toggle Magnifier on and off with a keyboard shortcut or mouse click combination. Having the ability to easily switch between full-screen and lens mode would also be helpful.

Magnifier has been around for years, but I use it only in emergencies because it's so bad. Sadly, the only options are expensive or buggy…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Creating Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10

I would like to share my opinion to install Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10. There are many people in my city who doesn't speak english very well mostly elders. I want Kasaragod Malayalam language to be installed because my Mom and Dad are from my native place they don't know to speak or understand english. I just want to show them that computer can clear all their doubts for manythings and daily uses and them using it. And that's my only desire people to use for their every importance and learning. Your company will become the best.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft and a lack of assistive technology hardwares

The biggest challenging for Microsoft is that to create its own assistive technology hardwares, such as braille display device, magniflying machine, etc. I'm not sure it's discriminatory if the company preferred to hire the engineers who can create software apps like Seeing AI, rather than developing hardwares.

In addition, if you look it carefully, Microsoft makes both hardwares and softwares like tablet and apps, so why they haven't made hardwares for customers with disability?

I wanted to know what Jenny thought about this issue.

Note: Jenny, executive director for Microsoft Disability

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support emojis with screen reader

I heard that from sources claiming that users can use variety of emojis by pressing Windows-key plus period or Windows-key plus semicolon to open the dialogue and choose any emoji that they want it for social media. However, screen readers like Jaws doesn't support this feature. Should you make it accessible?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I have Windows 10 version 1511. I keep getting a pop up to update my Windows version. I want to get rid of these pop ups.

I have Windows 10 version 1511. I keep getting a pop up to update my Windows version. I want to get rid of these pop ups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Circle (shapes?) and Highlight Text (Straight Line)

The snipping tool is such a great tool! Its gets used numerous times a day, but it is missing just a few critical items.

1. Add the ability to draw a circle (shapes in general?) so that we can draw attention to clicking somewhere etc.

2. Add the ability to highlight in a straight line. I cannot keep my mouse straight as i highlight which looks unprofessional.

3. Add the ability to add text (text boxes?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable users to resize the content and IM windows in Skype for Business.

I am frequently challenged to read things which are being presented. I'm always trying to zoom in before I remember that zoom doesn't exist in Skype.
    Maximizing the window or collapsing the message window doesn't help, since so much of the screen real estate is devoted to other elements. And I usually don't want to collapse the IM window altogether, just change the proportions so I can see everything.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Molly,

I’m not sure exactly what you are referring to as it appears you are aking about resizing text in the IM window. This is easy to do.

1. First in the Skype session, click on the IM icon at the lower left of the screen.
    2. At the lower-right hand side of the window, click the icon that looks like “…”.
    3. From the menue that appears, select, “IM Text Size”.
    4. There you can select the percentage of size of text to display in the IM window.

With regard to the other isue, are your referring to zooming inon a shared screen or destop? If not, can you give us the exact scenario that is cuasting the difficulty?

Thank you for contacting us, andif there is anything further we can do for you, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk…

10. Coloured icons for Office 365 dashboard tiles

Could the Office 365 dashboard (online) icons go back to being colourful, instead of one colour as it was a great differentiator for vision impaired users.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. create an easier way to be reached for people struggling with disability

I have been locked out of my old e-mail, who knows why. And I am struggling reaching anyone to help me. I have a learning disability and you guys have made it very hard/ impossible to call or help me get it back. I have submitted over 10 recovery forms, and none have worked. I am so beyond frustrated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the packaging easier to get into. The packaging is excessive for a pen that is too difficult to get into.

Make the packaging easier to get into. The packaging is excessive for a pen that is too difficult to get into.
    Also just a waste of materials. A surface pen does not need that much protection...
    This might not be the intended purpose of this forum but the tech being accessible is quite an issue if someone can't even get to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow people to adjust icon, font, tooltip menu, size as in previous versions of Windows 10

pleaemake it eaier for people to find this page and be able to send suggestions and vote on other ones. especiall the ones I have chosen

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve VoiceOver support for Remote Desktop on macOS.

When I downloaded Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store, I discovered that the program wasn't very compatible with VoiceOver. I encountered an item that just said "text" when I opened the main window. I was able to find the new button in the toolbar, but I could not figure out how to actually connect to a Windows 7 Professional computer. Many of the buttons that bring up a menu of choices do not work correctly with VoiceOver. I have to press the down arrow followed by enter. If I want to see if the value changed, I have to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Help folks who inadvertantly have created two accounts and want to combine or eliminate one. This is not covered in the "community forum".

Pls give direction on how to combine or eliminate an extra account. I only need one but accidentally created the second one. I want to have only one. This is not covered in the forum.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add support for changing the pronunciation of the screen reader

A great deal of screen reader users want to change the pronunciation of certain words to specific applications and synthesizers. You should do this for the windows narrator.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Change How Your Mouse Works in Ease of Access on the login page.

Children in schools are blocked from accessing the Control Panel settings for various reasons. Therefore, on their own, they cannot change the tiny default mouse pointer to, let's say, Extra Large Black without have an IT Tech come out and login as an Administrator and make the change. This is very important for children with low vision since they often loose the location of the pointer. On the Login screen of Windows 10 you already have an Ease of Access button that allows anyone to use Magnifier, High Contrast etc., prior to login. Please also add the ability to make…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. learning tools in how to opperate this new computer maybe a class or something to get started

a class to get started in how to use this new device and voice activations

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ampliar promoción Gratuita Windows 10 por favor!

ya tenia Windows 10 desde que Microsoft me dio la oportunidad de actualizar gratuitamente, pero por problemas técnicos con mi PC se devolvió a Windows 8.1 ayúdenme a obtener Windows 10 por favor, soy usuario con accesibilidad!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base