Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make an audible or vibration signal to indicate when the pen is paired with the surface pro4 tablet. G

There should be a vibration or audible signal to indicate when the function key is pressed. This is particularly important for us blind jaws screen reader users. I have muted my surface many times because I didn't realize the function key was not depressed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring Siri's "What did they say" to Windows 10

One key difference I would like to see would be to have it expand the reach of the feature. Make "What did they say" work in Edge.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SP.UI.ModalDialog.showModalDialog and Accessibility issues

SP.UI.ModalDialog.showModalDialog and Accessibility issues

I got an opportunity to work on a SharePoint project recently. As part of this project, we had to fix accessibility issues on a SharePoint site. Here is the list of issues I found which can be made accessible out of the box. Let me know in case of any questions.

1. Modal content gets rendered in an iframe but without title. iframe should have a title as per Accessibility Guidelines. If you don't, screen reader starts reading the source URL. I suggest you to provide the page name as title at least .

2. It…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give Narrator more expression.

I love the samples of Narrator I've heard but the speech pitch needs to rise and fall more in the speech's natural progression, the expression now is slightly robotic. Thanks for being interested in our ideas. I am a prospective Windows 10 user.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pasar global dunia islam dan koperasi dunia islam

pasar global dunia islam dan koperasi dunia islam

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voice commands for teachers

integrated voice commands in Windows 10 using Cortana, not just for accessibility but broader use, as a teacher would like to walk into a room and say, "Cortana, On Screen" then a series of events would happen to project device screen to front of the room. Say "Cortana, Blank Screen" to hide screen, in classroom say "Cortana, Show Billy's Screen" and so on. Would be many other uses for Cortana commandlets for the Internet of Things.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable shared users of Office 365 not to receive messages of subscriptions ending.

include data on how to respond to incorrect messages about subscriptions ending.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make Text To Speak aviable in dutch.

TTS in dutch for Unicersal Windows 10 and Windows 10 for phones will open much doors for people with a dissability in Belgium or The Netherlands. It will also help me a lot as developer of accessible apps in this region.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow ASUS computer to install Windows 10

I have two computes that are denied windows 10
    I would hope windows would rectify this so we older senior citizens could join

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. also greatly improve a magnifier as you have been doing with Narrator. It means that it will be comparable to other magnifiers on the market

Magnifiers like Magic, ZoomText and Supernova have a lot of great features which Windows Magnifier in Win10 should contain. It is important because many people have problems with their sight but not enough to buy a very expensive product. On the other hand many partially sited people don't have enough money to buy these products.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. UIA should be more stable

Nonvisual Desktop Access drops UIA in Windows 10 build 14361 in UWP apps and open/save file dialogs.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make edit hyperlink dialog in word 2016 navigable by keyboard

In the edit hyperlink dialog in Word 2016, the following undesirable behaviour is observed:

- Pressing tab to move between elements, as you move from the "link to: existing file or web page" to the "Text to display" edit box, the OK button loses it's default button status. This means when you press ENTER, you get an error ding and nothing happens. The OK button should remain default button.

- As you press tab and move into "current folder tree view" (the list of files) - the first file is automatically selected and thus the URL you had previously used…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input. We chatted with the Word Team on these issues:
    • Issue 1: Fixed. This enhancement will start rolling out to Office 365 First Release and Office Insider Customers before Fall.
    • Issue 2: We are working on a fix for this issue now, thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to fix this issue as part of our commitment to accessibility.
    • Issue 3: Unfortunately, we don’t have the ability to fetch the browsing history from most browsers. The team is looking into other potential improvements.

16. Make users more informed about File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar

The fact that almost any File Explorer Ribbon toolbar button, or group of buttons, be right-clicked and added to Quick Access Toolbar is poorly communicated.

I discovered this by accident a month ago, and the Ribbon has been around since Win8.0. Previously I thought the Q-A-T was limited to only the few button choices which appear under it's drop-down-menu at the end of the toolbar.

Tired of constantly changing to the different 'ribbon tabs' (Home, View) for different features, my Quick Access Toolbar currently looks like this:

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3060/OsOzTW.png

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve names of options in Word (eg themes, page number options etc)

In Word 2016, many features have non-descriptive options. For insance, when you choose page numbers then top or bottom of screen, the first few options are "Plain number 1", "Plain number 2", "Plain number 3" etc. Without looking at the image (which not all users can do), there is no way to tell that the third one is actually right aligned. Using a screen reader there is also no way to tell which ones are "Page X", and which are "Page X of Y" etc. It's also very hard to get any idea what the different header and footer styles…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow VoiceOver on a MAC to access alignment information in the office apps

When pressing VO+T in office apps on a MAC to obtain font and formatting information, the alignment information is missing. This should be included to mirror other screen readers in Windows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. set names and colors on edge tabs, for accessibility and productivity.

Double click a edge tab and set a name and color, it would make it easier to tell what tab is what you need and help both disabled and enabled to do more.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)