Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No encuentro los manuales de accesibilidad en castellano

soy voluntario y necesito los manuales de accesibilidad en castellano.
    Saludos y gracias

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. office 2013/16 constantly deactivates with windows 10.

office 2013/16 deactivates about once a month. It is very difficult to uninstall then reinstall the key for office and doing this isn't exactly very accessible. Please fix this!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Incorporate beeline reader

Makes reading easier and more enjoyable. Takes my eyes for a 'walk'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the ability for Narrator to play sounds instead of speaking formatting information.

Narrator, at this time, uses spoken prompts to describe formatting. This requires more ability to parse information than print-reading people need to. Print readers don't hear "this is a bold test end bold." They see the bolded word or phrase. The blind should have the same experience, or as close as possible. There are two ways this may be achieved. Sounds for different formatting information may be played, but over time these may become confusing to the blind user as to what exactly is going on with the font if the sounds are too similar. The other option is the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Phone verification on suspended account.

Microsoft account is suspended. Instruction said put enter the phone number for sending verification code. My phone number has no function of SMS. There are no alternative way to verification. I hope to verify by phone call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ENSURE that all commands have an ALT key command and that they are documented

I have spent a year and a half trying to get a complete list of Alt key commands for Office with no success. You only have a tiny fraction of the commands. The great majority of what you have are shortcut keys like Ctrl+Shift+S.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Narrator's behavior and suggestions

Hi,

During scan mode on web browser, when I press "h" to move heading by heading, Narrator initially speaks "heading level 1 (2, 3, etc.)" and then speaks the title.

I would like narrator to speak a title and then "heading level" WHEN I PRESS "h".

It's similar to other screen readers like JAWS and NVDA.

I also have an issue with news.google.com - When I pressed "h" in Internet Explorer, the Narrator skipped headings for headlines, but JAWS and NVDA can can do that.

And for Microsoft Edge, Narrator can jump to headings nicely, but it initially spoke URL…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Incorrect opening times for telephone conversations with UK disability helpdesk,

Telephone opening times, needs to updated weekly to see if they are correct.
    It is not the first time were found at the weekend, opening stated times on the website does not correspond when actually using it..
    Especially important for dyslexics who want to speak not try to use the computer and voice recognition software at the same time too stressful when there's an issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add beeline to all your products or even include it pre installed as a setting in windows

Would love it if you included beeline in as an extension/plugin for all of your products, or even better incorporated it directly into the windows system so that it could be used w/ all system fonts/text & make it configurable via ease of access or perhaps display settings. After first the beeline chrome extension & then the pdf plugin I can wholeheartedly say this is one of the coolest & truly helpful tools in increasing not only my reading speeds but comprehension as well. I've tried many different speed reading tools, software & techniques, some of which were good, but…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bigger controller for people with disabilitys

I have never owned a Xbox or Sony or played on one due to my physical disabilities. The controller is too small and buttons are too small. I only have use of one hand and the other hand is deformed and small. I have PC as i can use my good arm for the mouse and my deformed hand on the arrows keys. This works very well for games.

For me to be able to play the Xbox i would need a bigger controller with big buttons with big spaces between buttons. I would use my deform hand on the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Windows 10 having trouble with refresh rate

I have seizures, and ever since Windows XP, the updates from Windows seem to give me more and more problems. I have multiple devices, so I am able to compare between the various versions, and When I am forced to use a Windows 10 computer set-up, I tend to require additional medication to stay safe.

I am hoping someone has some ideas. I am aware of others that are having the same concerns.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change the format of your multiple windows in one screen.

After the three finger swipe, the multi window screen is now a scroll format. Because windows are not in predictable places, quickly changing between windows has become more tedious. Before, I could quickly switch between two windows I am using frequently, but now there is a lot more hovering of my mouse to find the window I need

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give us more than three lousy formats to "choose" from on new Outlook Mail

Fire the 20 y.o. software engineers who keep designing upgrades that cause extreme eye strain. Now we have outlook mail with only three screen choices, one of which is text on the far right...ever heard of astigmatism? NONE of the choices let us look at an extensive list of emails we're working from... Why can't you leave Outlook alone ?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send me a Techy.

I can access Microsoft but Microsoft fails to access my 0-level of technological comprehension. I was born too soon.

Telling me how to fix it, just doesn't do it. In-person consumer service should be provided for the technically disabled would-be/wanna-be user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text to speech for people with mutism

I'm a mute gamer and have microsoft text to speech set up to a virtual audio cable to feed through my mic, problem is it's tedious and impractical to use. The only way to have microsoft text to speech accurately read off what I want is to open text to speech, clear the text, type the text and hit preview voice.

What we should have is something we can type into, hit enter, have it clear and read off the text typed through text to speech. Something that can easily be alt+tabbed into.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need to re-install my Microsoft Office but I no longer have the recovery code please advise?

I need to re-install my Microsoft Office but I no longer have the recovery code please advise as I cannot wait a month and there does not seem to be a number I can Phone?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base