Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve screenreader access of Skype for Business

Skype for Business is curretnly very verbose with a screenreader and has limited keyboard shortcuts. Explore ways to imporve EG don't read out title of conversaton window as arrow between each line in a conversation; make it faster and more reliable to mute and unmute self and to review and manage status of others in a meeting. Make it easier and more consistent to fidn and join meeting from within the applicaton (at the moment join via Outlook meeting is more reliable with a screenreader).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. STOP ASKING US TO VERIFY OURSELVES BECAUSE OF OUR EMAIL DECISION

HAVE AN AD OPT OUT FOR DISABLED PEOPLE AS VERIFYING IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR SOME DISABLED AND NOT EVERYONE CAN HAVE A CELL PHONE

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF Microsoft Edge Accessibility

Since the fall creators update, when opening PDF's in Microsoft Edge, the background colour has been changed to a light grey. Having a visual impairment, when opening documents which are majority on a white background, the light grey does not provide a very good contrast. Can you consider returning to how it was previously or just simply using a darker grey background for PDF's in Microsoft Edge to provide a higher contrast with the actual document.
    Furthermore, when using read aloud in PDF's, can you allow it to read from where you left click the mouse, the same as online,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a pronunciation dictionary to Narrator

This is a feature that is found in all the other major screen readers. Narrator should include a pronunciation dictionary to customize how the speech synthesizer pronounces certain words if the default pronunciation is incorrect. This is usually done by entering the correct spelling of the word followed by a misspelled version that is pronounced correctly by the TTS voice. Whenever Narrator encounters the correct spelling of the word, it will speak it using the custom pronunciation rule.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. support using the touchpad to perform screen reader tasks

The Apple ecosystem has a touchpad that supports multiple touches. This is called Trackpad. The viewing panel provides support for performing some of the screen reader commands. Slide your finger to the left and right to give the previous item and next item commands. Rotor movement etc. Some modern computers have a multi-touch touchpad. I think touch movements can be programmed. these programming techniques should be used for the narrator.
    you should allow the use of the mouse surface to control the screen reader instead of reading the mouse cursor. so that some navigation movements can be used with one…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. German voice output

It would be great to have german voice output.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. accessility

Dear Madam/Sir,

I went to the coffee cops event today.  They offered me free breakfast and coffee. That was nice of them.  I discussed with cops about how can I communicate with cops if they pull me over on the highway.  How can cops be safe with Deaf and hard of hearing people and communicate on the pager?  So I have a idea that the pager can be used to communicate speech to text with cops.  When cops speak to the pager, it will catch all the words what cops says.  Cops told me that it is a good idea.
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Find a way for Puffin browser to be accessed through Windows 10 for tablets.

Make Puffin browser available to Windows 10 tablets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Your

Your system gives no chance to stop an order. Pls help me to stop my order. I have not used this service for almost 3 years. Pls help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Seeing AI is wonderful. However, its usefulness can be greatly enhanced if the camera is mounted on

Seeing AI is wonderful. However, its usefulness can be greatly enhanced if the camera is mounted on Seeing AI is wonderful. However, its usefulness can be greatly enhanced if the host device is in the form of spectacles (similar to Google glasses) with the camera on the nose-rest and screens instead of lenses. Along with "reading out", the software can simultaneously display a magnified and conditioned image of the text on the screens right in front of user's eyes. The idea is to be able to perform "reading" and "writing" tasks together. For instance, filling out a printed form which…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I like your Xbox One Elite. But it's very heavy for me because i got muscular dystrophy. Please make the next one lighter

I really like your Xbox One Elite controller. Especially the paddles, because in a lot of games you run by pressing the analog. But then i can remap it to the paddles. But unfortunately i got a disease called duchennes muscular dystrophy. And your controller is very heavy for me, because i'm very weak in my hands. So please make the next version of it lighter

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Key Binding

When purchasing a windows 8 computer, you will see some keys that don't work anymore on the windows 10 operating system. Please add a bind keys option to assign keys on the keyboard to do a action or open a app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am suggesting that you not ever have an option to show passwords!

On the settings for any google account you ask questions like Share information. Or show passwords. Why

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am suggesting that Microsoft should never allow Two Unknown Networks ,that you all alert about, to configure and run on that account your

my windows 10 was taken over by the unkown networks that you alerted me about. Then allowed for instance skype to create a profile for me on their own. Then Microsoft configured and ran the unknown networks you alerted me about.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I am photosensitive. Extremely sensitive to light, so I prefer dark screens. Allow more darkness via a secondary program.

I am photosensitive. Extremely sensitive to light, so I prefer dark screens. Allow more darkness via a secondary program.

Blue colors are higher in energy, thus photosensitive people don't want the screen dark only, but brown-yellowish to cut-off the high frequencies.

My intelligence is normal and I use the Photoshop for short periods.
    When I finalize a picture, I usually keep it dark, but without that brown-yellowish effect in order I control the output. So an on/off button to the high-cut filter (or blue cut-off filter) would be useful.

People are photosensitive due to:
    1. disease (genetical, viral, bacterial, hormonal…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Letting screenreaders read the Settings information

Some details or information on the Settings screen cannot be read by a screenreader. Some way, it has to be expressed that the data has to be accessed. It just can't be read by either Narrator, the screenreader or the JAWS mode. Was trying to find my "Last Backup date" and it only gave me buttons to backup and such, though the information was there on that same page.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. i think that word should be free to all windows 10 users

since we are using windows 10 I think that word should be free to the users. A lot of us love using it but since you have to pay a lot of money which most of us can not do for many reasons I think that it should be free for everyone on windows 10

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base