Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Localize Narrator to bulgarian

Since Windows XP, we in Bulgaria have a bulgarian localization of Windows. Narrator however has always been in english. After the TTS voice "Ivan" was introduced In Windows 10 Insider Preview, I've noticed some partial localization of Narrator to bulgarian (mainly for its messages). In recent insider builds of Windows 10 however, Narrator has reverted to be completely in english. Please localize Narrator to bulgarian, so it is more user-friendly for users of Windows and Narrator in Bulgaria, who are not familiar with the english language.

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: If the bulgarian localization team needs assistance or consultation…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. narrator on log on screen

as of now, narrator only starts after typing the password. but I wish, it should launch automatically on log on screen too. I've already enabled start narrator automatically under setting>ease up access center.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tracker:iot.http.jquery.javascript.js.jason

agent.io.certified.by.law.by.the.code.of.conduct

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make it reasonable to retrieve a forgotten pasasword, instead of going through hopps and hurdles and then declined!!

This is truly frustrating! I have had my email for a very long time,, I have it programed to my phone, and it is very important to me as I have children and this is the way that I receive emails from their schools. I don’t understand why I can not access my email from any other computer and have tried the forgotten password option. When clearly I was prompted before to change the password that I have used for a long time, I didn’t want to change my password ,but was prompted that I had to change it! Now…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix performance issues with MS Outlook Azzure Info Protection (AIP) plug in whereby the tool slows down Assistive TEch software like Zoomtex

Understand conflicts and AT software compatability with AIP plug-in and fix, particularly for Zoomtext and Dragon users. Big issue for enterprise customers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. the ability for narrator to work in windows PE

as of yet narrator does not function when running windows pe.
    example of this, make a recovery drive boot from the drive press control plus windows plus enter narrator does not work.
    thanks for considdering my request

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please speak the keyboard typing in your tutorials of microsoft virtual academy.

.Microsoft virtual academy is a very useful service for learning. But the blind people cannot understand it easily. I request you to speak keyboard commands and typing on the keyboard. Thanks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DO IT CORRECTLY!!!!

I AM DISABLED AND THEY DID NOTHING TO GET MY COMPUTER FIXED CORRECTLY AGAIN!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make signature lines in Office accessible to a screen reader

In Word 2016, go to the insert menu and click on signature line. If one tabs through the boxes here, they are not labeled. Next, after filling out the unlabeled boxes, press OK. Now a graphic called "Microsoft Office signature line..." is inserted into the document. First, the signature graphic should say "Unsigned Microsoft Office signature line..." so the user knows the line is unsigned. Second, there is no way for the screen reader user to click the signature to sign the line.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a Two Switch access mode for the On Screen Keyboard

Add a manual step scanning option for switch users, for those able to use two switches. E.g. Key1 = Manual step scan. Key2 = Select.

This would enable some users to use the slick On Screen Keyboard utility much more quickly and deliberately.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Barrie,

This is a pretty good suggestion which makes sense. We’ll forward this on to our product managers for further consideration and keep you up to date on any further developments around this.

Again, Thank you for reaching out to us; and if there’s anything else we can help with in the future, let us know as we’re willing to help.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

12. for narrator to have more voices like microsoft mark

it would be great if narrator had more nachural sounding voices like microsoft mark clear, crisp and easy to understand
    microsoft mark seembs to be more responsive compared to the other voices.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Narrator

Since the new fall creators update is out can you please update the keyboard shortcuts list for narrator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The Superlity Eminence of Microsoft is "beyond comparison".

Should be more easy for layman and that's all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve the Accessibility of Windows SIM for Screen Reader Users

There are two main accessibility issues with the Windows System Image Manager (SIM), part of the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK). First, when you use your screen reader's right-click function to access the right-click menu for the selected component or package, the click targeting is several lines below where the system focus is located. Additionally, you cannot use Shift+F10 to access the context menu. Could these issues please be remedied? These problems were found in the ADK Insider Preview, Build 16288. I am using JAWS 2018 Public Beta.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. you get

In stead of getting cheap every time you get , why are you guys getting cheaper all the time you go and start giving us a rewards program it was great now its not you give very little points to save and get anything you gave and give poor people no hope anymore it takes to long to save any points now way to long and a lot of us left other browers that we like better now it looks like you been forcing people to use your products youll lose a lot of them I'm a bout to stop…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use of Dynamic Text type in Microsoft Apps for iOS

As a visually impaired person, I'm using Apple's in built dynamic text type, setting it at it's largest setting. However some Microsoft apps do not respond well to this. For example, in Cortana for iOS, the weather card is so long as I have the description say "Mostly Cloudy" with each individual letter on a new line pushed up to the right hand side with large amounts of white space. In OneDrive for iOS, the share feature to upload content is a pain, with folders overlapping, and hard to click even the right account. And on the new Edge for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i wanted add an input method through the keyboard namely for typing tamil language without seeing the keys i donot need any

how to add an input method (manually through pressing of keys) is not clear in the ease of access my problem is that i donot find on the keyboard any letters of thamizh language all the thamizh alphabets can be printed on the keys themselves while selling the product in the area where the pc is sold

ட can be lncluded

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)