Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dyslexie font

Have you any plans to add the dyslexie font to your product fonts? While I realize its designer might want to retain some creative control, I would think the gain for him as well as MS even as a piggyback product would make it beneficial to at least talk. They have a web site, and there are several TED talks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dictation bar Windows key + h

dictation bar is there a way to have the icon in the taskbar.so you don't have to move it every time it gets in the way.other than clicking the X and then when you want it clicking the Windows key + h.it's a little thing thatt I certainly will use Windows key + H and the move it when I have to because I can't spell

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook app interface update not friendly for people with Dyslexia

The emails used to show in the preview cleaner than they do not.

Before you had the sender's name in bold, below the sender was the subject line, and below that was a preview of the body text, and off to the right was the date. Very clean and easy to navigate through emails.

That all changed last Tuesday.

Now everything is on one line going left to right. You have the sender in bold next to the right is the subject in bold, next to the right is the date and time. Below is the preview of the body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Speech recognition viewer for live transcription

Create a live transcription viewer using windows speech recognition that works on all video apps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Buenos días " Nuestra mesa de respuesta para discapacitados"

En la ventana de entrada a accesibilidad dice "Nuestra mesa de respuesta para discapacitados" el termino esta incorrecto, lo correcto debería ser Nuestra mesa de respuesta para PERSONAS CON discapaciDAD. Caso contrario invisibiliza a la persona.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. put live support back i am on the phone number 90. no one will call and i hope i do not get cut off

. why can't I get help from Microsoft. I'm 68 years old I was born in this country with a learning disability. I pay for Microsoft assure software support. That way I could talk to a live person and they took that away from me.There is no stores open did you notice that they tell you to go to help.support.com or Microsoft support. com Microsoft Lock me out of my account and I have to send paperwork to my attorney three days ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am non-verbal and need text-to-speech in Teams

I have had a bit of an issue adjusting to Teams as I am non-verbal and there is no feature I can find for doing text-to-speech and doing things through speakers doesn't sound through well, so I am kind of stuck apart from just sending writing which people don't really read and it can be a very disheartening and I just want to work out a way to get a bit more involved and a text-to-speech feature would really help with that. It would make me feel a lot more included and make Teams much more accessible for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Immersive Reader in PowerPoint

There were a lot of announcements last year about Immersive Reader coming to PowerPoint, tonnes of demo vids etc, but for the life of me I can't find it. Is it still due for release?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 10 second rewind button...

Not really an issue but a suggestion...I teach multiple students with Multiple Educational needs...many of my classes are recorded and I record tutorial, How to videos for my students. Is there a way to install a 10 second rewind within Stream? Many of my students would love to be able to rewind and watch demonstrations over and over as opposed to "guessing" with the bar at the bottom.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create an all purpose gesture like to finger double tap in iOS. Create an all-purpose gesture like two finger double tap in iOS.

Please consider adding an all-purpose gesture in Windows narrator for touchscreen, which would allow users to access dictation, pause and restart audio playback, and mute and unmute themselves on Zoom, basically allowing users to toggle things on and on and off with one gesture instead of having to scrabble around the screen looking for the right control.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Using JAWS to modify or remove a style from ribbon

I'm using JAWS with Word. I'm trying to apply an organizational template to a document, as well as add new styles, modify them, and even delete one or two. I'm able to navigate to the styles menu in the ribbon. The only way to remove, rename, or modify the style is to right click to bring up a context menu. For some unknown reason, I'm able to bring up the context menu using JAWS commands, like JAWS + 9. This means I can't modify a style after I've created it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Develop Microsoft OneDrive, OneDrive for business and sharepoint site for Linux

Please develop/release onedrive and sharepoint document sync apps for Linux to work with Linux native file managers. Releasing MS Teams for Linux has given me hopes that we will hopefully see other apps follow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MS Office color contrast insufficiency issue for combination bar/line charts...

For MS Office (not just Excel), would it be possible to allow for choice of separate fill/outline colors for lines (for all compound types or even just for some) used in combination bar/line graphs or wherever lines are being used to convey meaning? It is currently a challenge to select a single line color that will contrast well against the various colors of the bars AND that of the graph background. What works for darker colors will not work for those that are lighter, and vice versa. Thank you.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Windows 10 must have a consistent design.

Windows 10 must have a consistent design. Like in explorer we have a different design, in the start menu we have a different design and edge also has a different design, and its too dumb to have three different designs in spite of the fact that all these products belong to Microsoft. Seems that Microsoft is confused in itself.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. hi. cortana for windows 2004 should be pulled. not working for me, and the accessibility sucks. no settings to customize it to do the window

hi have a better interface for cortana. not supported and cortana not able to hear me since 2004. and my mike is working able to use zoom meetings and people able to hear me. so just pull this untill you have this fixed. also no settings to then set the windows c key and no trouble shooter for cortana. frustrated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Editing mode

When everyone one excel or word doc is download from mail/online, it shows a strip with a button 'Editing mode'. This button is not accessable by the screen readers for visually impaired user.

Therefore restriction visually impaired user from using such excel, doc's from using.

Request you to resolve this blocker issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Narrator should have a pause function

A very common function that people need is to have their text-to-speech app pause and then continue from where it was paused

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Outlook iOS App undo after swipe actioni steals focus

In Outlook for iOS with VoiceOver enabled. Very recently (this week). When going through one's inbox of messages and flicking up/down then selecting an action (e.g. Read & Archive). The VoiceOver cursor goes back to the next message, but then quickly changes focus to "Undo Archive".

The problem this causes is wasted time when archiving messages to clean up a mailbox

Acceptance:
    - When a user archives or deletes from a swipe action item the VoiceOver cursor should go to the next message so the user can continue to review their mailbox quickly.
    - For undo the user should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Xbox Series X/S - Audio Balance For Hearing Impaired

I am partially deaf in one ear and currently struggling with audio balance on the Xbox Series X and I know many other hearing impaired people are also struggling with the lack of an audio balance slider.

This could easily be solved for the Xbox with the addition of a left/right audio balance slider.

Microsoft has been really great with so many accessibility features but there is pretty much nothing for the hearing impaired.

Many other Microsft devices along with most other platforms already have this feature and surely it can't be that hard to introduce.

As I am partially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base